• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Thor 3: Ragnarok Synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will Hela have her bigass head piece tho

If the concept art is anything to go by then yes.

573f502b0fd8c-183406.jpg

bremon

I'm quite looking forward to this. Space Hulk sounds amazing and I don't mind Thor. Also, thanks to this thread I now know why there haven't been solo hulk movies since Ed Norton.

Prompto

Banned
Uh, no. Not in the same year as LOGAN.
It's kind of ridiculous to say either is the best considering we've seen only one trailer for Logan and nothing from Thor. How about we wait until they're both out then we can needlessly compare two films that will probably end up being entirely different.

I am guessing the movie will unfold something like this (possible spoilers):

- Film opens with Thor on Asgard (maybe investigating the Infinity Stones), unaware that Loki is still masquerading around as Odin.
- Hela, Skurge and company abruptly arrives at Asgard with the intention of bringing about Ragnarok.
- Thor gets his ass kicked and his hammer taken, but not before it is inadvertently revealed Odin is Loki in disguise.
- Thor gets exiled with Loki to the far reaches of space, where they get picked up and forced to compete in the gladiator tournament.
- The grand master is running the show and pits Thor against his latest champion the Hulk.
- Lots of cool fighting, before they manage to break out.
- Thor wants to rush back to Asgard to prevent Ragnarok, but realises they need Odins help.
- They use the Quinjet to make a quick pit stop on earth, and get Strange's help to find Odin.
- Odin has a shit, shower and a shave.
- The four of them then travel back to Asgard, and are first confronted by Skurge on the Rainbow bridge.
- Heimdall has lost his sight, Hela took it from him whilst they were gone. Turns out the source was an infinity stone.
- Hela is about to get a beatdown by Loki, Thor and Odin but then Surtur turns up (voiced by Sam Neill).
- Surtur is defeated, but Asgard was destroyed during the battle, and Odin is killed.
- The surviving Asgardians, lead by Thor migrate to Earth. (Their existence hidden with the help of Strange).
- Post credit scene, is either the Infinity Stone being collected from the ruins of Asgard by Thanos, or just a clip showing it amongst the ruins. I expect they would probably go for the latter, as they may want Thanos to collect it during the Avengers.

Blues1990

Given that a chunk of the film will take place of Planet Skar, will characters from the Planet Hulk run (such as The Red King and Caiera) make an appearance at some point?

CloudWolf

Let's hope this will be the first Thor movie worth a damn. I'm not that positive, but Taika Waititi is at least a far better director than those guys they got for the first two films.

SpaceWolf

Banned

- Film opens with Thor on Asgard (maybe investigating the Infinity Stones), unaware that Loki is still masquerading around as Odin.
- Hela, Skurge and company abruptly arrives at Asgard with the intention of bringing about Ragnarok.
- Thor gets his ass kicked and his hammer taken, but not before it is inadvertently revealed Odin is Loki in disguise.
- Thor gets exiled with Loki to the far reaches of space, where they get picked up and forced to compete in the gladiator tournament.
- The grand master is running the show and pits Thor against his latest champion the Hulk.
- Thor wants to rush back to Asgard to prevent Ragnarok, but realises they need Odins help.
- They use the Quinjet to make a quick pit stop on earth, and get Strange's help to find Odin.
- The four of them then travel back to Asgard, and are first confronted by Skurge on the Rainbow bridge.
- Heimdall has lost his sight, Hela took it from him whilst they were gone. Turns out the source was an infinity stone.
- Hela is about to get a beatdown by Loki, Thor and Odin but then Surtur turns up (voiced by Sam Neill).
- Surtur is defeated, but Asgard was destroyed during the battle, and Odin is killed.
- The surviving Asgardians, lead by Thor migrate to Earth. (Their existence hidden with the help of Strange).
- Post credit scene, is either the Infinity Stone being collected from the ruins of Asgard by Thanos, or just a clip showing it amongst the ruins. I expect they would probably go for the latter, as they may want Thanos to collect it during the Avengers.

That's a hell of a guess.

I'm interested to see how Hulk gets thrown into the mix, does Thor or Loki bring Banner to Asgard for something, before all the shit goes down ?

Either way, getting a Planet Hulk style Hulk, with gladiator armour, beating the shit out of Thor and other aliens, should be awesome.

FyreWulff

The logo alone convinced me this movie is going to be the shit.
It really is Planet Hulk movie, not Thor's.

To be honest, I wonder how far Disney could push "this is TOTALLY not a Hulk movie" before Universal would sue them.

Unless Universal's rights contract only pertain to the movie having the word "Hulk" somewhere in it's name, lol

nachum00

Not nearly enough Hulk in that.

Mark Ruffalo said its going to be an intergalactic buddy road movie with Thor and Hulk.

So expect Hulk to be in it every step of the way.

Loki loves Frigga as much as Odyn. I think he made some deal with Odyn so the latter can go down to bargain with Hela for Frigga's release from the land of the dead.

This would make a ton of sense and would make Frigga's totally unnecessary death in The Dark World actually carry some weight. If it actually had any real meaning in that movie it very clearly affected Loki a great deal. Thor and Odin didnt seem to care at all after a few moments.

Dai101

Banned
They've had four billion-dollar films in the last 5 years, the most of any franchise in history. If you're wondering where all your friends are on Memorial Day weekend when they won't answer your texts, they're out watching the new Marvel movie. They stopped inviting you because you're a bit of a party pooper. Sorry.

Jokes on you, he doesn't have friends!!

Oh...

I'm still not sure what to expect from this movie, the stakes seems really serious and grim, the end of asgard civilation. But the director, team thor short, dr strange post credit etc seems very fun light hearted afventure. Sounds like the tone didn't match the story for the movie.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The synopsis should have just simply been,"Its not Thor 2."

I enjoyed Thor 2

If only we had Beta Ray Bill in this. Then we'd be one step closer:
One step. I'll die when I'm able to see the Annihilators live and in technicolor in my local movie theater.
My bet is she's Death in the MCU.
I hope not. Death needs to be something else. Can't just be another Asgardian. That'd be too simple, especially considering that Asgardians are basically just aliens.
Basically the Marvel Universe's Devil. He spends Infinity Gauntlet at Thanos' side telling him how amazing he is waiting for the opportunity to steal the Gauntlet and convincing Thanos to do stupid shit like giving the heroes a chance. Loki could easily fill that role given he has a connection already to Thanos.

3945326-9575665222-61_10.jpg

Imagine Loki instead.
Mephisto is the definition of a bottom-feeding shitkicker.
*Silver Surfer.

Planet Hulk had Silver Surfer, not Beta Ray Bill I think.
Beta Ray Bill replaces the Surfer in the animated adaption. Personally that makes more sense to me, but I didn't read the OG story or watch the film either way.
Imagine this as post credits.

Also gives a reason for Thanos to come to Earth.
Asgardia as a stand-in for Attilan? Assuming they adapt Infinity, as Asgardia obviously has their own thing going on.

this_guy

Seems similar to the Planet Hulk animated movie I saw on Netflix. It wasn't bad but I didn't care for it.

The Doctor Strange animated movie is back on Netflix, guess they had it removed while the live action movie was out in theatres. It was 90% similar to the live action movie (to be fair they were both the Strange origin story) so it made sense to have it removed.

There was an animated Wonder Woman movie as well that took place during one of the World Wars, so I'm assuming that's what the live action movie is based off of. It was ok not great, so I don't expect much from the live action movie. Now it's also missing from Netflix.

Justice League: War and Justice League: Flashpoint are two of the better animated comic book movies. I'm assuming War is the blue print they will use for the Justice League movie since Darkseid is the villain. Both are on Netflix and I enjoyed both, but it's sad that I expect Snyder to butcher it when they finally do Justice League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom