• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Thor 3: Ragnarok Synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

Loki wants to rule Asgard, not destroy it, so perhaps Hela represents an alliance gone sour or something. The one thing we haven't seen so far is Loki getting swindled and betrayed his own self. It feels about time for the turnabout.
Loki loves Frigga as much as Odyn. I think he made some deal with Odyn so the latter can go down to bargain with Hela for Frigga's release from the land of the dead.

TaterTots

Banned
So Thor has to fight his way out of a arena to save Asgard? Not sure why the synopsis attempts to make it sound complicated. My guess is that this is gonna be a baller movie.

That would be an interesting twist on Death; Death doesn't have one consistent look, rather it can be which ever cultural depiction it wishes to be. Hela, Yama, the Reaper, etc.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm cautiously optimistic. There's a decent plot, a good director, could this be the first good Thor movie?

Hmmm, I wonder how much time will be spent with the Planet Hulk stuff. This film sounds like a bit of an odd juggling act, and hopefully both the PH stuff and the actual Ragnarok event feel fleshed out and neither is short-changed. Would people be okay with spending about half an hour with the PH storyline? Is that too much time or too little?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Thor is one of those Marvel characters that just works.
2 films about fish-out-of-water stories, now
The Hulk will be the one doing that this time.
Dark theater, who's there to greet you but Thor himself.
World rejoices.

tumblr_m7299fUcNo1rsy50k.gif

Hmmm, I wonder how much time will be spent with the Planet Hulk stuff. This film sounds like a bit of an odd juggling act, and hopefully both the PH stuff and the actual Ragnarok event feel fleshed out and neither is short-changed. Would people be okay with spending about half an hour with the PH storyline? Is that too much time or too little?

First Act - PH
Second Act Part One - Getting back to Asgard
Second Act Part Two - asses kicked in Asgard
Third Act - Thor/Hulk bro-up and kick the shit out of Fenrir.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now hopefully they can blend the amazing visuals with an interesting plot.

I always felt the Thor movies were the good looking but shallow members of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

54-46!

I'm assuming this is going to be a reversal of the roles in Planet Hulk then? Thor taking Hulk's place and Hulk taking Silver Surfer's.

What's Loki's role in this mess lol

I expect he'll invite Hela to Asgard in order to destroy shit, initiate Ragnarok and take over, but things will get out of hand and he'll realise he doesn't want this and wants Thor back instead, and at the end of the film when everything is resolved they will end up shaky allies.

I expect he'll invite Hela to Asgard in order to destroy shit, initiate Ragnarok and take over, but things will get out of hand and he'll realise he doesn't want this and wants Thor back instead, and at the end of the film when everything is resolved they will end up shaky allies.

Nah Loki can't have a face turn here he needs to take Mephisto's role in Infinity Gauntlet.

Yawn. These Marvel films are about 5 years past relevance nowadays.

Great contribution. Unfortunately the Box Office disagrees with you, and I'd wager most of us do too. In what way are they not relevant? Are there alternative ways to make them more relevant? You specifically single out Marvel; do you feel like other comic book movies are more relevant?!

Nah Loki can't have a face turn here he needs to take Mephisto's role in Infinity Gauntlet.

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not really familiar with the comic story. Who's Mephisto?

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not really familiar with the comic story. Who's Mephisto?
Basically the Marvel Universe's Devil. He spends Infinity Gauntlet at Thanos' side telling him how amazing he is waiting for the opportunity to steal the Gauntlet and convincing Thanos to do stupid shit like giving the heroes a chance. Loki could easily fill that role given he has a connection already to Thanos.

3945326-9575665222-61_10.jpg

Imagine Loki instead.

Yawn. These Marvel films are about 5 years past relevance nowadays.

They've had four billion-dollar films in the last 5 years, the most of any franchise in history. If you're wondering where all your friends are on Memorial Day weekend when they won't answer your texts, they're out watching the new Marvel movie. They stopped inviting you because you're a bit of a party pooper. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom