• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Pokémon Sun and Moon footage to be shown April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

AGITΩ;199977948 said:
rLnHCFw.png
/dead

Generation 6.5 sounds more and more like a possibility after the "more than 10 new pokemon" statement. I mean, if it was an entire new generation they wouldn't have thrown such a small number out there. I'm really excited about this possible expansion for gen 6.

Sandfox

Generation 6.5 sounds more and more like a possibility after the "more than 10 new pokemon" statement. I mean, if it was an entire new generation they wouldn't have thrown such a small number out there. I'm really excited about this possible expansion for gen 6.

That line was obviously a joke.

yami4ct

Increase sales of NX along with not losing sales on the 3DS userbase, really there's no downsides to it.

The downside is they'd have to code a new version for a platform with a completely different architecture from the 3DS. They also would have to code in a weird way to do cross connectivity or literally split the user base. Despite Pokemon's freakishly large size, GF is still not a huge studio and don't necessarily have the man power to throw at such an endeavor.

Plus the NX Handheld will more than likely be backwards compatible with the 3DS. People on an NX Handheld who want Sun/Moon can play those games.

Pokemon is not wholly owned by Nintendo, and thus the idea of 'increasing NX Handheld sales' isn't really GameFreak's concern. Sure, they'd like as big a user base as possible, but they'll jump in when it has grown naturally like they always have.

Neoxon

Increase sales of NX along with not losing sales on the 3DS userbase, really there's no downsides to it.
Unless the port was outsourced, I doubt that Game Freak would jump on a new platform this soon. Plus, as stated before, the handheld likely isn't coming until next year.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Shoko asking those hard hitting questions.

Damn right she is.

Considering they STILL haven't shown gameplay really makes me think they'll say 'hey guys, it's ALSO coming to NX'

Can't really think of much reason to withhold footage otherwise.

Unless the NX is capable of trading and battling with the 3DS I doubt that it will also be releasing for the NX.

Only 11 pokemon in SM confirmed.

"Ha suddenly 72 doesn't look so few now?"

Why do people always say this? Nobody even knows what NX is. Pokemon Crystal had a GBA bundle, did that "split the user base"?

51XHWHMW77L._SX300_.jpg

Not the same as;

-A GBA version of Pokémon Crystal doesn't exist.
-That bundle is a US only as Crystal was released in December 14th 2000 and the GBA released in March 21, 2001.
-The GBA was backward compatible with Game Boy Colour games and that includes the link cable.

AGITΩ;199977948 said:

Ha ha.

Crayolan

It was a joke.

But of course now a rumor is gonna start about there only being 10 new pokemon this gen.

The downside is they'd have to code a new version for a platform with a completely different architecture from the 3DS. They also would have to code in a weird way to do cross connectivity or literally split the user base. Despite Pokemon's freakishly large size, GF is still not a huge studio and don't necessarily have the man power to throw at such an endeavor.

Plus the NX Handheld will more than likely be backwards compatible with the 3DS. People on an NX Handheld who want Sun/Moon can play those games.

Unless the port was outsourced, I doubt that Game Freak would jump on a new platform this soon. Plus, as stated before, the handheld likely isn't coming until next year.

I agree we don't know if it's coming out this year, also that we don't know what it is, but you guys are greatly over estimating the resources a port would take and no wierd connectivity thing would be needed, everything's wireless now. If the NX has Wifi and infared everything will be fine.

Neoxon

I agree we don't know if it's coming out this year, also that we don't know what it is, but you guys are greatly over estimating the resources a port would take and no wierd connectivity thing would be needed, everything's wireless now. If the NX has Wifi and infared everything will be fine.
Except for the online infrastructure used by the 3DS (again, friend codes).

yami4ct

Yeah. You're greatly underestimating the resources a port to a whole new platform that GameFreak has never touched would take. You also are probably overestimating their size.

Also, network infrastructure is not as simple as 'it's the internet, it all works'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom