• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

sneaky77

Fender_Uk said:
62 looks perfect, around the same as GT5p

really? I could never use that view in a game... I think the default is the best and even then I probably will use hood cam the most.

Jube3

sneaky77 said:
really? I could never use that view in a game... I think the default is the best and even then I probably will use hood cam the most.

Yea its a little too much wheel for my taste, but its really, really nice to be able to see the mirros off the bat.

Also Hood view is SO sick with the reflections this time around. Some stages like Sunset look awesome seeing the spectators stands in your hood

acm2000

Fender_Uk said:
62 looks perfect, around the same as GT5p

its too far back for wheel use, great with pad tho, default is still best for view of the road, which is exactly why its setup like that

Jube3

Also just restarted the race a bunch of times with the FOV and it was just a hitch with the first time i did it. Loaded fine the rest of the time so ignore me.

Jube3 said:
Yea its a little too much wheel for my taste, but its really, really nice to be able to see the mirros off the bat.

Also Hood view is SO sick with the reflections this time around. Some stages like Sunset look awesome seeing the spectators stands in your hood

Good to hear. Hood view is my jam.

Falt

BenjaminBirdie said:
Good to hear. Hood view is my jam.
Same as.

That's one of the things I did notice while playing the demo. The reflections on the hood. First time I noticed an opponent's car in the hood literally made me go "holy shit!". It's beautiful.

nib95

Banned
acm2000 said:
its too far back for wheel use, great with pad tho, default is still best for view of the road, which is exactly why its setup like that

Only if you sit very close to your screen. With my wheels I sit quite a bit away still, so a further fov is ideal.

Jube3

Falt said:
Same as.

That's one of the things I did notice while playing the demo. The reflections on the hood. First time I noticed an opponent's car in the hood literally made me go "holy shit!". It's beautiful.

Yea man, you wanna see reflections buy the Chrome mickey thompson rims. Those things reflect your soul :lol

Senua

Gold Member
yea i've been playing forza 2 the past couple of days and the 30fps reflections just suck so bad! i want forza 3 more than anything in the world!

sneaky77

the wait for this game the last couple of weeks has been excruciating, I can't believe is still another week and a half.. damn you turn10... damn you.

Senua

Gold Member
sneaky77 said:
the wait for this game the last couple of weeks has been excruciating, I can't believe is still another week and a half.. damn you turn10... damn you.
yea and its damn annoying so many lucky pirates are playing it right now!!

Fender_Uk said:
yea and its damn annoying so many lucky pirates are playing it right now!!
MS need to setup a system where a game will not launch until release day, like steam does, and that list will bypass anyone's gametag added to it like reviews and such. Might cost to set it up but I wish they would try and do something. I read on the FM.net forums that 9 people already have 1000/1000 achievement points, doubt that's from many reviewers.

acm2000

Diablohead said:
MS need to setup a system where a game will not launch until release day, like steam does, and that list will bypass anyone's gametag added to it like reviews and such. Might cost to set it up but I wish they would try and do something. I read on the FM.net forums that 9 people already have 1000/1000 achievement points, doubt that's from many reviewers.

that will be game save hacking

Recoil

Ziploc said:
Some Subies, boosted Miatas, a motherfucking Group B Quattro, Z4M Coupe, Trans Am, S2000, Type R, etc. Theres a chance a Gallardo might be running around the course as well.

No R8? Colour me surprised.

The group B Quattro is fuckin' awesome news though. I'll have to make it down just for that. Is it going to be a drift course at all, or just straight track runs?

radeonxt

Does Anyone Know If Forza 3 NTSC Asia Will be Region Free? I Want to order it in Play-asia, Euroland is Very Expensive :S

Keikoku

Banned
Jube3 said:
Yea just go to My Profile, Multiscreen setup, enable it and change the POV. You can also set it up REALLY close to the wheel to get that just the wheel look like I think its iracings cockpit.

Wow that's great to hear. 62 degrees ftw.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jube3 said:
no

http://2daystilsunday.com/links/FOV.jpg

NOTE:
1.When you enable this you can no longer look around the cockpit.
2. The load times for the race startup (its usually 3-4 seconds was now 20 ish) was longer on amalfi. Im guessing due to the new intro? I dunno.
3. At 90% you see the end of the arm models

that is AWESOME. 62 looks about perfect, maybe a tad too wide. i do love the added peripheral vision allowing you to have a better idea of where the car is on the track in relation to obstacles or other cars and the fact that you can clearly see the mirrors.

can you adjust to any increment you want to find the perfect "sweet spot" or are you limited?

acm2000 said:
that will be game save hacking
Then they should also be kicked off live for good, I wonder if MS actually look at games before they come out to check gamertags to use the ban hammer on.

op_ivy said:
that is AWESOME. 62 looks about perfect, maybe a tad too wide. i do love the added peripheral vision allowing you to have a better idea of where the car is on the track in relation to obstacles or other cars and the fact that you can clearly see the mirrors.

can you adjust to any increment you want to find the perfect "sweet spot" or are you limited?
F1 and F2 allowed 1 degree changes, and forza 2 is between 30 and 90 degrees if I remember right.

Iknos

sneaky77 said:

It depends on the size of your screen and the distance where you sit from the screen.

For myself the hood view is the best as well. I'm using a projector and where I sit makes the hood seem like the size it would be in real life from my sitting perspective.

Didn't expect the same FOV change you could have in FM2 in FM3 because of the existence of cockpits...color me surprised!

skyfinch

eso76 said:
First race with a C4 in new york; the game didn't even look like fm2 relative to be honest.
Amazing visuals and drives like a dream.

Tried a few new and old tracks after that and among the ones i raced on, the revamped Silverstone was the one which struck me as the one with most realistic lighting; with the right cars (and the right 'paint': metallic is spot on) you'll often get the same suspension of disbelief as you get in Prologue while watching a replay. Honest.
Seriously, if someone posted a replay vid of a metallic dark grey C4 (or any other 'new' car; on average they look much better than returning cars from fm2) on Silverstone you'd agree the game can go hold its own in a direct comparison, but that's for the other thread. I was very very impressed.

Some of the other tracks are far too vibrant for the photorealistic look, though. Amalfi looks gorgeous for other reasons, but makes the game look like a high end Sega arcade, and not all car models and paints are as convincing.

Nice, nice. Silverstone in F2 had some ugly lighting and weird sky.

Also does anyone have actual video of the 60% FOV change? It'll shut up a lot of people.

skyfinch said:
Nice, nice. Silverstone in F2 had some ugly lighting and weird sky.

Also does anyone have actual video of the 60% FOV change? It'll shut up a lot of people.
Maybe Jube3 can make some streams or small lap clips of the FOV change in action, it would be lovely if you could Jube :) get it known to all those youtube people lol

erahk64

For those waiting for the Turbo S wheel, picture made today at the factory:

CIMG8476.jpg

skyfinch

DaCocoBrova said:
Didn't know the whole driver wasn't rendered. Interesting.

The cockpit in Forza 3 is a different model completely.
Can't really tell but it looks like in chase view, most of the driver's upper body-mid body is modeled.

Funny thing is, if you're in the chase view, you can actually see that the driver has shifting and e-brake animation.

p3tran

Banned
so yeah, after a 10-hour intro session, I resurface online to report:

a) the good news:
infiltration success!!
with some good friends, contacts and some extra pocket money, ta-daa:

collector_stupid906.jpg

b) the bad news:
Greek collector edition contains absolutely nothing regarding online.
no bonus cars, no T10 tuned cars, no code for sidewinder and benchmark ring, no exclusive theme, no nothing.
they even have removed any reference to xbox live from the box.

thats some progress for xbox live Greece after 7 years........... microsoft are totaly morons and imbeciles!!
even this, they have to spoil it for me! fuck you stupid people!!

BUT,
I'm joining the gang now. so get ready!! :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
erahk64 said:

CIMG8476.jpg
One of those are mine! Minus the standard pedals anyway.

And p3tran, you better PM che your gamertag just to be safe.

p3tran

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
And p3tran, you better PM che your gamertag just to be safe.

LOL, I swear to God if I get banned after all this trouble and dissapointment, I'm bombing Microsoft HQ Greece!

I swear!

op_ivy

erahk64 said:

CIMG8476.jpg

nice. now wheres the one with the rennsport stand? :(

skyfinch said:
The cockpit in Forza 3 is a different model completely.
Can't really tell but it looks like in chase view, most of the driver's upper body-mid body is modeled.

Funny thing is, if you're in the chase view, you can actually see that the driver has shifting and e-brake animation.
F2 does this too with the shifting animation, a shame they could not use the same sort of quick arm movement for gear stick cars in the cockpit. Oh well it's not something I bother with a lot as paddle shifting is quite common in race cars now.

eso76

i really wanted to pay my good blockbuster friend (met him yesterday for the first time) another visit today, but had to resist the temptation.

One thing i forgot to add to my impressions; the first couple events in career mode seemed hard as nails.

Being in the 1% with all cars for the demo leaderboards i went ahead and turned off all assists and cranked the difficulty to the highest setting (minus clutch) and could not do anything better than fourth place.
Maybe i just didn't know the tracks, but it seemed much harder than the demo.

Also, fapping to that fanatecs pic. Ordered mine as of aug. 24th and i can't wait.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
p3tran said:

a) the good news:
infiltration success!!

collector_stupid906.jpg

b) the bad news:
Greek collector edition contains absolutely nothing regarding online.
no bonus cars, no T10 tuned cars, no code for sidewinder and benchmark ring, no exclusive theme, no nothing.
they even have removed any reference to xbox live from the box.

thats some progress for xbox live Greece after 7 years........... microsoft are totaly morons and imbeciles!!
even this, they have to spoil it for me! fuck you stupid people!!

BUT,
I'm joining the gang now. so get ready!! :D
I hate you so much right now.

*hates P3Tran to DEATH*

Next Friday cannot come soon enough.

op_ivy

brendanrfoley said:
Holy moly!

I'm more excited now than ever... this view allows a full, realistic use of the rear view mirror!

now we need someone to figure out how to take the photosettings (contrast, Mmmmmm) into gameplay :0

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
skyfinch said:

Really??? Wow!

This was Turn10's first attempt at cockpits and I think they've done a great job (400 cockpits in 2 years...) but clearly there's room for improvement. Their goal for Forza 4 should be a single, seamless car model. In cockpit view the camera should actually be inside the car model rather than just a camera view with a cockpit model infront of it. Connect the cockpit "camera" to the physics of the car. Place the camera on the driver's body, model the driver's spine, skeleton, muscles. Really make me feel like I'm in the car. If I move the camera out to a different view, there's no window tinting going on or anything. I can then take the photomode camera inside the car. Then you can model doors opening/ripping off, etc. Next time :)

p3tran said:

a) the good news:
infiltration success!!

collector_stupid906.jpg

*snip*
Very nice, will look amazing next to my forza 2 LE box :D

Top Bottom