• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3 said:
Well, this just detroyed my week. My 360..fuck... just scratched a 360 line into the forza 3 disc.. :( sigh..thats even worse than it red ringing. fuck..

I really doubt it but is there a way to fix this? Im screwed :(

That really blows man. Sorry :(

I know it sounds weird but there may be some odd ball fixes that you may want to try.

Get a Banana a smear it around the scratches, then wipe with a wet cloth and dry. I've heard toothpaste has the same effect. The problem is, if the scratch is too deep it won't fill the crevices. Hell, it's worth a shot though.

I also have heard of the boiling the disc method but I was never brave enough to try that myself.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:
Well, this just detroyed my week. My 360..fuck... just scratched a 360 line into the forza 3 disc.. :( sigh..thats even worse than it red ringing. fuck..

I really doubt it but is there a way to fix this? Im screwed :(
Metal Polish (Brasso, or whatever brands there are in the US). It works WONDERS (I used it to save a Mario & Sonic disc that was totally by my sister and it was perfect), go, it just may work.

Jonsoncao

Banned
yah like HoTHiTTeR said, and I am pretty sure blockbuster has that machine

I got my Halo 3 Collector's Ed scratched game disc repaired for free :lol

Jonsoncao

Banned
Jube3 said:
The 360 is reading it im deleting everything I can and gonna try to install it. see if that works
geez dont do that, it will worsen the situation

just take it to any movie rental store see if they can do sth about it

It looks like the LE case for the discs is a standard dvd box, in the forza 2 LE it was a dvd box but it's all grey with a small print forza 2 logo on it, very sleek.

I have the LE case out of the box and among my games (grey spine with f2 black and orange logo on it) and the rest of my forza 2 LE box is standing up with my other un-fitting game boxes, I will be doing the same with forza 3 :p

Jube3 said:
The 360 is reading it now it im deleting everything I can and gonna try to install it. see if that works

If you know someone with a disc (maybe have to wait until it comes out) you can install it using the working disc, and then use your scratched disc for copy protection status.

Blimblim said:
That's what I did until I tried the cockpit view in F3 for a few races. I can't go back now. It may look a bit strange, but I think they found the right balance between showing the cockpit too much (reducing the view of the actual race, like in PGR for example) and not showing it enough.

Interesting, I will definitely give cockpit another try. I really didn't put much time into the demo since I was right in the middle of NFS:S.

And for the guy with the scratched disc, I think if you call MS they will replace it. I know it doesn't help things in the short term, but hey, its a replacement.

Damn!

I just bought an MS wheel in preparation for Forza 3, and it has the same issue as my old one of being off-center to the left. It's not as bad as the old one in that it doesn't require me to hold the wheel to the right to make it drive straight (as far as I know, I don't have anythign with a long enough straightaway to be fully convinced). But it's still annoying.

Now, the Best Buy that actually has these is fairly far away, and I get the impression I will most likely see this on several wheels in a row. So the options I'm considering are either the DIY mod or having MS service it. The DIY thing looks kind of dicey though, I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability not to screw it up.

does anyone know if Microsoft will actually fix this? And if so, am I going to get a random wheel that might have the same problem?

p3tran said:
LOL, I swear to God if I get banned after all this trouble and dissapointment, I'm bombing Microsoft HQ Greece!

I swear!

MS has stated so many times that they DO NOT ban people that bought the game early. The only banned are people that got the game early by pirating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LaserBuddha said:
Damn!

I just bought an MS wheel in preparation for Forza 3, and it has the same issue as my old one of being off-center to the left. It's not as bad as the old one in that it doesn't require me to hold the wheel to the right to make it drive straight (as far as I know, I don't have anythign with a long enough straightaway to be fully convinced). But it's still annoying.

Now, the Best Buy that actually has these is fairly far away, and I get the impression I will most likely see this on several wheels in a row. So the options I'm considering are either the DIY mod or having MS service it. The DIY thing looks kind of dicey though, I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability not to screw it up.

does anyone know if Microsoft will actually fix this? And if so, am I going to get a random wheel that might have the same problem?

No but I've called support about 10 times 6 months ago to get my fucking retrofit or retrofit box and I'm on a waiting list apparently. Which is tech speak for they're not gonna send me shit. Gave me quotes on how long it would take the first 3 calls, then the next time they said there was no time frame. Fucking horrible support they have for that.

Iknos

LaserBuddha said:
Damn!

B-b-b-b-but the wheel is perfectly fine...all yous people saying it has problems are making this stuff up!

I have the same problem. I don't know if MS fixes it and one DIY fix I saw looked like there were a lot of room for mistakes so I'm not going for that. There is a bearing replacement you can do I think.

Despite turning right to stay straight I had fun with the demo so I'll stick with it for the full game. One thing I noticed though is that when I was doing the track backwards and most turns were right turns I found the controls to be much better for the obvious reason of there not being any slack from center to right on the wheel. So maybe taking the risk fixing the wheel could pay off.

Iknos said:
I have the same problem. I don't know if MS fixes it and one DIY fix I saw looked like there were a lot of room for mistakes so I'm not going for that. There is a bearing replacement you can do I think.

The bearing replacement is just for improving the wheel in general. There is a seperate fix for adjusting the knob that controls what position is considered the "center" of the wheel.

Oh well. Maybe I'll just deal with it, then when I have enough for a Fanatec wheel before GT5 comes out, I'll just get rid of this one.

Jube3

Well I got in and managed to send the wake and final halo designs to che. So that was good. Im gonna go see if I can get it buffed tonight.

modeps

Neo Member
I'll probably end up getting this, even though I'm not a huge sim fan... everything about it sounds/looks so great.

Incredible OP!

Too bad there isn't a Tesla Roadster in this game. Really dissapointed about that actually considering the one in PGR4 was so damn cool to drive.

Spasm

Jube3 said:
Well I got in and managed to send the wake and final halo designs to che. So that was good. Im gonna go see if I can get it buffed tonight.
Seriously, if you've got a GameCrazy nearby, hit them first. They're the only ones I trust to have some professional grade machine, and not some CaseLogic, hand cranked buffer. They rescued my Crackdown disc from the lethal jaws of an early 360. Looked completely brand new.

AMUSIX

Spasm said:
Seriously, if you've got a GameCrazy nearby, hit them first. They're the only ones I trust to have some professional grade machine, and not some CaseLogic, hand cranked buffer. They rescued my Crackdown disc from the lethal jaws of an early 360. Looked completely brand new.
Any game store worth anything should have a proper buffer on site.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Warm Machine said:
Incredible OP!

Too bad there isn't a Tesla Roadster in this game. Really dissapointed about that actually considering the one in PGR4 was so damn cool to drive.
You wouldn't be able to recharge it in a reasonable amount of time for an endurance race. How would you accurately sim the charge consumption on that as well? When Top Gear took it out, they killed the charge before their review session was done.

Falagard

AMUSIX said:
Any game store worth anything should have a proper buffer on site.

I've used Blockbuster in the past. $4 I think.

Another place to call is pawn shops - they'll usually have a disk buffer for their used movies/music/games and charge a small fee to use it.

Jube3

Falagard said:
I've used Blockbuster in the past. $4 I think.

Another place to call is pawn shops - they'll usually have a disk buffer for their used movies/music/games and charge a small fee to use it.

Yea I can't believe its this hard to find a buffing place. none of the gamestops I called could do it, gamecrazy is in another state lol, im doing the blockbuster rounds now but no luck.

Im starting to go through withdrawl now..:lol

cjelly said:
Did anyone buy the new Car Showroom Premium Theme yet?

Any pics?

Hopefully I'm doing this right guys.. Don't make fun of my achievs ok? :D

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on it. Kinda meh imo but I support T10

http://tinypic.com/r/dbikon/4
http://tinypic.com/r/1pidyx/4
http://tinypic.com/r/2mpix5z/4

That's essentially the meat. Might have a different image (the gray R8 and black Ferrari we all have seen) on an option but of course the blade\frame takes up almost the entire image.

Senua

Gold Member
thats cool, too bad i'm not paying for themes..its bad enough paying to play online let alone buying shitty clothes for my shitty little minime and backgrounds

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KingOfSnake said:
Hopefully I'm doing this right guys.. Don't make fun of my achievs ok? :D

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on it. Kinda meh imo but I support T10

http://tinypic.com/r/dbikon/4
http://tinypic.com/r/1pidyx/4
http://tinypic.com/r/2mpix5z/4

That's essentially the meat. Might have a different image (the gray R8 and black Ferrari we all have seen) on an option but of course the blade\frame takes up almost the entire image.

Maybe I'm just a car nut, but I like the theme despite how the cars stand out so much. Is the one in the LCE the same theme?

Fender_Uk said:
thats cool, too bad i'm not paying for themes..its bad enough paying to play online let alone buying shitty clothes for my shitty little minime and backgrounds

Why do you care, it seems anything Forza is shit to you anyway? Every comments from you has to have some sort of negatives even your praises are lace with poison and snide comments. Really ... there's another thread where you can bash T10 and Forza with impunity you should really use it.

Thanks Kingofsnake for posting those theme. I have a feeling this might be the one that comes with LE so I will hold off a bit since I am gettng LE anyway.

Jonsoncao

Banned
antiquegamer said:
Why do you care, it seems anything Forza is shit to you anyway? Every comments from you has to have some sort of negatives even your praises are lace with poison and snide comments. Really ... there's another thread where you can bash T10 and Forza with impunity you should really use it.

Thanks Kingofsnake for posting those theme. I have a feeling this might be the one that comes with LE so I will hold off a bit since I am gettng LE anyway.
dude, dont be so defensive

Fender was just expressing his opinion about those digital contents, I like those themes but honestly speaking I d rather have them as some in-game unlockables; he is also a fan of Forza, and a fan of racing game

also thanks KingofSnake for posting the theme pix, siriuly M$ should consider adding the preview function for those premium themes

Iknos

Fender_Uk said:

Your laughter is laced with poison.

X-Play gave Forza 3 a 5/5...this game is scoring consistently high and T10 should be proud.

Hope the scores don't go to their heads though the series has many areas it can improve and in my view some fundamental additions need to be made for Forza 4 IF NOT a patch for Forza 3. Of course I'm talking about the pre-race countdown and things like no qualifying trials for online races. I really don't think these things are that complicated to add to the game...I'm not asking for realtime day/night cycles here.

Still...good job on not only creating a great sim racer but evidently a great videogame that your publisher Microsoft can be proud of.

Maybe it's time people started talking about T10 in the same way they talk about Bungie or Rare?

Senua

Gold Member
did i mention that i could be getting it on monday? holy shit man holy shit, i cant install the DLC until the 23rd though right?

gillty

Banned
FLUXCapacitor said:
Someone on justin.tv doing some painting...

http://www.justin.tv/jube3
zl68g5.gif

:lol where have you been

Jonsoncao said:
dude, dont be so defensive

Fender was just expressing his opinion about those digital contents, I like those themes but honestly speaking I d rather have them as some in-game unlockables; he is also a fan of Forza, and a fan of racing game

also thanks KingofSnake for posting the theme pix, siriuly M$ should consider adding the preview function for those premium themes

Sorry, just tired of reading his snide comments in almost every posts he makes. Go look at his post history ... the game is good but ... (insert whatever negative here). It just get kinda old.

Someone post theme for the rest of us to see, and he has to insert I am not buying that shitty avartar cloth eventhough you can plainly see that the person that post the picture have bought the "shitty" cloth. Instead of thanking the guy, he have to put in his 2 cents that the person bought "shitty" stuff.

dejay

Banned
antiquegamer said:
Sorry, just tired of reading his snide comments in almost every posts he makes. Go look at his post history ... the game is good but ... (insert whatever negative here). It just get kinda old.

Someone post theme for the rest of us to see, and he has to insert I am not buying that shitty avartar cloth eventhough you can plainly see that the person that post the picture have bought the "shitty" cloth. Instead of thanking the guy, he have to put in his 2 cents that the person bought "shitty" stuff.

He's just a negative person. Some people are fans of the game but are more vocal pointing out where they're disapointed in the game; they see the glass as half empty. Other people are fans of the game and gush about it's good points and don't mention the negatives; they see the glass as half full. Both types are fans and are entitled to their views. Of course there are the rare few, like Iknos (sp?), who can point out the good and bad points equally.

There were a few trolls around before, but fender isn't one of them.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Iknos said:
Your laughter is laced with poison.

X-Play gave Forza 3 a 5/5...this game is scoring consistently high and T10 should be proud.

Hope the scores don't go to their heads though the series has many areas it can improve and in my view some fundamental additions need to be made for Forza 4 IF NOT a patch for Forza 3. Of course I'm talking about the pre-race countdown and things like no qualifying trials for online races. I really don't think these things are that complicated to add to the game...I'm not asking for realtime day/night cycles here.

Still...good job on not only creating a great sim racer but evidently a great videogame that your publisher Microsoft can be proud of.

Maybe it's time people started talking about T10 in the same way they talk about Bungie or Rare?

The scores won't go to our heads. We're thrilled at the reviews but we know we've got to step our game up even more for future projects. It also comes down to the luxury of time -- and how you make the best of those resources.

Jonsoncao

Banned
chespace said:
The scores won't go to our heads. We're thrilled at the reviews but we know we've got to step our game up even more for future projects. It also comes down to the luxury of time -- and how you make the best of those resources.
realtime day/night cycles in Forza 4 please!!!!!!!!!

Shaneus

Iknos said:
Given Turn 10's track record for producing consistently high-quality software, I'd say they're a notch or two above Rare and possibly even Bungie.
Given that this gen is going to last a little while longer, I'd love to see them put some effort into something slightly different... either a rally game or something in a completely different genre altogether. They certainly seem capable of it.

Jube3

enzo_gt said:
Jube's painting Iron Man eh?

Yea i needed a fresh start on something new after Eddie from brutal legend.

my disc works even though it smells like trident or crest now :lol Still cant load tracks but the paint works and the 3 installed maps work flawless. Good enough for me.

Che I sent you the final paints for the cars, for wake and halo. If the wake car is too expensive let me know and I can find a replacement (150k volvo). I picked the volvo because it seems like a car alan wake would drive lol, i think ingame he drives a station wagon.

Top Bottom