• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

p3tran

Banned
bj00rn_ said:
You guys at the top of the leaderboards; do you use "normal" racing lines relatively staying inside the tracks in the way you do in real life, or are you somehow using "shortcuts" to do the awesome times?

first of all, this is a preliminary leaderboard :) we havent even tested the waters yet

second, in F3, the instant you try to get just a bit off the tarmac/curbs,
the instant you touch anything, or even if you are slip-streaming behind someone,
the "!" lights up and your laptime, whatever will be, will be listed below the last laptime without an "!".
so it looks very-very solid and a major improvement over F2 where you could slipstream or being pushed without disqualifying your lap :)
Pepto said:
RS200 = Renault 5 Turbo? :\
RS200 is a Ford. I havent fixed my R5's yet 8) and on that board my time is with the Audi TT

woot!
tt_woot740.jpg

Oh man, I can't wait to race in Positano. When I visited, I was afraid just walking on those narrow roads, can't imagine racing on it at 100 mph! Man were they narrow. And the elevation was ridiculous.

It'll be awesome just going through Photomode to see how similar it is to how I remember it :D. Awesome place.

sneaky77

RSTEIN said:
Meh...

MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at some pt 3 hrs ago it was dark blue and had stars around iron man... looked pretty cool.. then he changed his mind and added a lot of stuff lol

Gowans

Holly shit, a friend of mine has just text me saying he's got this today. (works in retail)

I'm heading over now with my memory card to play and beg beg beg I can borrow his copy over the weekend.

Fingers crossed!

Gowans

Got it!!!

borrowIng the shop copy just for the weekend and tiz amazing.

Hopefully I can last till my cheap blockbuster le shows on thurs/fri

nib95

Banned
Jube3 said:
Finished it in one awesomely fun marathon session. Excuse the wierd interlacing, my capture card isnt the best.

ironman3.jpg

Absolutely LOVE it, but if I can be brutally honest, I'm not totally keen on the composition of the art work on the bonnet. It's not necessarily that it's asymmetric, just that it doesn't flow quite so well with the rest, and the general aerodynamic shape of the vehicle. Just seems a bit obtrusive. Perhaps have the metal strip more centralised like a race stripe, tucked further to one side or something else?

Falagard

Jube3 said:
Finished it in one awesomely fun marathon session. Excuse the wierd interlacing, my capture card isnt the best.

ironman3.jpg

Wow, I saw you working on this last night and all you had done was part of the head ;-) Amazing you got that done in one session.

Dina

Sweet car jubei. Saw bits and pieces of it in progress, but what I love most is how it's not a simple iron man picture on the sides and on the hood on top of a red and gray car. It's all very well planned out and every side of the car got the same attention.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My Wheelstandpro is shipping to me! Woohoo I can't wait!!

Still debating on the LE vs. Regular though. Just kind of confused what I am getting besides the keychain and USB stick.

Senua

Gold Member
Diablohead said:
Japan get's the game 22nd right? Looking forward to the animu car bomb flood :lol
i'm hopefully getting it before 22nd so i wont have to see all the naked 12 year old cartoon girls for a bit lol

Jube3 said:

http://2daystilsunday.com/links/ironman3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Just busted one...f'kin wow.

Iknos

MikeDub said:
You and me both, it's proving a tricky one.

You get some exclusive cars that are listed in the OP but what the OP doesn't mention is that you will also be signified as a VIP when playing online and that you will be gifted stuff from T10 in the future. Things like livery designs. I imagine that means tune settings and decals as well. Or maybe tuned cars with great liveries.

I imagine some of the awesome work we see from Jube3 and m0dus will be the sort of gifts you'd get as a VIP member.

sneaky77

Brandon F said:
My Wheelstandpro is shipping to me! Woohoo I can't wait!!

Still debating on the LE vs. Regular though. Just kind of confused what I am getting besides the keychain and USB stick.

Gifted cars from turn10 every so often for being VIP, plus some free dlc cars on the first day if your country has live support.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:

ironman3.jpg
Holy mother of God, that is incredible.

When I left you this morning, you had a (very nice) torso at most, I come back from work and you have done all this? You're insane man.
Gowans007 said:
Got it!!!

borrowIng the shop copy just for the weekend and tiz amazing.

Hopefully I can last till my cheap blockbuster le shows on thurs/fri
*Hates Gowans to DEATH*

Gowans

Well the games amazing hammering through it to get cash.

I really need rewind now tho :lol

uk guys I suggest Argos next week they always stuff up.

op_ivy said:
Hm I thought benchmark ring was like forza 1's which was a fairly obvious copy of the test track ring from gran turismo 1, but it looks more like a classic daytona layout with 3 corners, that's quite cool.

Fujimi's layout looks nuts! amazing that they spent time making it a looped track instead of just a point to point from forza 1, I am seriously thankful to turn 10 that they spent effort doing that.

Recoil

pQOZX.jpg

Also, I'm gonna agree with Doodis.... I can't help but thinking Hawkeye would be much more appropriate for that car, especially with the spoiler you've got on it:

DarkReign_Hawkeye_01.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MikeDub said:
One with lots of curves to enhance the fishiness of it all.

cars397.jpg
???

love that car in pgr. hope the cockpit is a bit easier to see out of in f3

I just preordered the limited edition from Gamestop. I feel bad because it's $40 more than my Amazon order was (after taxes and counting the $10 promo), but I want EVERYTHING on this game!

The extra cost is torturing me and my normally thrifty game-buying habits...

KHarvey16

UltimateIke said:
I just preordered the limited edition from Gamestop. I feel bad because it's $40 more than my Amazon order was (after taxes and counting the $10 promo), but I want EVERYTHING on this game!

The extra cost is torturing me and my normally thrifty game-buying habits...

All those other times you were saving up for this one.

(that works for me a surprising number of times)

Giant Bomb's Video Review

I know I dont post here at all (Only got a PS3, so waiting for GT5, sigh), but just had to say... what an amazing game... looks great and seems very fun to play as well! I think I might finish up my uncharted playthroughs and then go over to my friends place this weekend and check it out!

Oh, 5 stars, and some high praise from Jeff.

Top Bottom