• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

diffusionx

Gold Member
What makes Horizon 1 better in your opinion? I ask because FH2 is just a huge step up in map, events, driving, graphics, etc.

Certinty

What makes Horizon 1 better in your opinion? I ask because FH2 is just a huge step up in map, events, driving, graphics, etc.
Horizon 2 is great but the first game was on another level I thought.

- Preferred Colorado, great setting especially with the canyon. Italy and France were repetitive even though the off roading was great.

- Event system in FH2 was trash, the first made good use of the wristband system and had way better events I thought.

Of course the driving and graphics are better in the second game as well as other features but in many ways for me it felt like a step backwards.

Synth

Horizon 2 is great but the first game was on another level I thought.

- Preferred Colorado, great setting especially with the canyon. Italy and France were repetitive even though the off roading was great.

- Event system in FH2 was trash, the first made good use of the wristband system and had way better events I thought.

Of course the driving and graphics are better in the second game as well as other features but in many ways for me it felt like a step backwards.

Pretty much all this.

Plus Horizon 1 had better track layouts, with proper barriers outlining the course, so the circuit races were very PGR-like, and the more open "follow the checkpoint" stuff was reserved for Street Races.. which gave them a sense of variety. Also, fuck cross country races, with their stupid cheating AI racers... there's far, far too many of them.

FH1 also had better music.

...and a better color palette.

...and the Rally Expansion >>>>> Storm Island.

And I didn't mind Alice's constant compliments... Ben can die in a fire. Actually, that reminds me... FH1 actually HAD characters.. rival racers that gave the career a real sense of place and progression. They'd even come on the radio stations to chat shit to you...

Now I'm realising just how many things I prefer about FH1... :(

FH1 also had better music.

...and a better color palette.

...and the Rally Expansion >>>>> Storm Island.
One thing Storm Island gets better is that you can also free roam in it, but it ends up feeling small in no time.

Then again Horizon's open world always feels a little too small to me. I'd love to see it expanded by at least 4 to 6 times, with Horizon 1's rally expansion-like off-road tracks as a part of that same open world.

And yeah, Horizon 1's rally stuff was incredible. I had a really hard time with a lot of it but when you nailed those courses right it felt incredible. Heart pounding stuff.

Synth

One thing Storm Island gets better is that you can also free roam in it, but it ends up feeling small in no time.

Then again Horizon's open world always feels a little too small to me. I'd love to see it expanded by at least 4 to 6 times, with Horizon 1's rally expansion-like off-road tracks as a part of that same open world.

And yeah, Horizon 1's rally stuff was incredible. I had a really hard time with a lot of it but when you nailed those courses right it felt incredible. Heart pounding stuff.

Yea, freeroam was nice... just not nice enough to put it anywhere the awesomeness of the Rally Expansion.

And yea, the world in the Horizon games is too small for then to really hold my attention. I would honestly kill for a TDU2 with Forza's (Horizon or Motorsport, don't care) driving model. Unfortunately The Crew just ended up being worse all around.

Anyway.. back on topic... Forza 6 hey?... I should probably go play it so I actually have something to say here...

Gametrailers daniel bloodworth, who usually does good racing reviews has said that he isn't done yet.
And over at GiantBomb, i think Jeff usually does the racing stuff, at least forza, but i haven't heard anything yet, I'm guessing he'll have something to say on today's bombcast.

Mine's up now. Sorry for the wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2yqiFXMs4
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/0bft6f/forza-motorsport-6-review
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/97uoke/forza-motorsport-6-review

Mista

Banned
Finally got it. Played about 2-3 hours and I can say:

Forza 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5!

U3maCc0.jpg

m23

Still have to wait 2 more days to play, I hate all of you who have the game already. I've been playing Forza 5 in anticipation.

Mista

Banned
Still have to wait 2 more days to play, I hate all of you who have the game already. I've been playing Forza 5 in anticipation.

Forza 5 is just horrible. I didn't like it at all
Hold on just 2 more days left

Giant Bomb Quick Look
Jeff thoughts
+Looks Amazing
+Best Forza has ever played

-Dull lifeless menus/presentation.
-AI is still not great.
-Issues with Mod packs.

If he reviews I expect 4/5

I can't say I disagree with Jeff. The presentation of Forza was always lacking and too clinical.

I like the home spaces but I hate the cgi movies and the lifeless narration in the career mode.

Turn 10 could do so much more with archive material of famous races, small clips with real footage of the tracks...

I adore Horizon 2, all this talk of the first makes me want to go give it a shot...
There's no tuning or rain in the original, and while I preferred the off-road trails in the first Horizon to the ones in vanilla Horizon 2 there were very few completely off-road areas in Horizon 1. So if you love to speed through the hills and grass and bushes in H2 you won't really find that in the first game.

leng jai

There's no tuning or rain in the original, and while I preferred the off-road trails in the first Horizon to the ones in vanilla Horizon 2 there were very few completely off-road areas in Horizon 1. So if you love to speed through the hills and grass and bushes in H2 you won't really find that in the first game.

The rain in FH2 is pretty lacklustre to be honest, but that's probably because I played it after DC.

Noobcraft

The rain in FH2 is pretty lacklustre to be honest, but that's probably because I played it after DC.
It's pretty good on storm island, but the windshield effects let it down. SSR would go a long way in improving the way wet roads look in the game too.

leng jai

It's pretty good on storm island, but the windshield effects let it down. SSR would go a long way in improving the way wet roads look in the game too.

Yeah Storm Island made it more prominent, and I liked the thunderstorms. The base game rain was pretty useless.

poodaddy

And now I must decide between the Forza 6 Xbone bundle or the elite bundle with the SSHD coming out soon.....goddamn these choices.

Lego Boss

Did this ever get a full review on Eurogamer?

I know they did a 'first look' which was not really expansive, but I've not come across a full review yet.

Top Bottom