• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

This is to piggy back what Hawk said:

To me from the demo having 24 racers made me giddy! I don't feel like that has been emphasized enough in forums, reviews, etc.. That alone is a real upgrade worth purchasing. Not sure if other racers have that or not, but Forza 6 was first time I've been able to play with that high of a car count.

P.CARS can have over 40 cars/opponents on track...framerate goes to shit tho..

aaronwt

Looks like the reviewers really liked the game. I'm am certainly looking forward to playing this on the 10th. I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition and those versions get to play it five days early.

QuikNez

Finally had the chance to get caught up on some of the details of my big 5 review sites; all are pretty consistent save for Gamesradar... pretty surprised about the 3 out of 5; I'm a big fab of Justin, I feel betrayed, hahaha, that ain't right.

None of Justin's arguments made any sense and were contrary to the remaining 4 of my big 5.

Anyways, I'm really happy that Forza maintains AAA status and got some well deserved praise, keep it up Turn 10!

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm so on the fence with the Forza 6 console bundle. I want it, but wonder if I wait if there will be another game included. MS has been running tons of deals, but only on systems available.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm so on the fence with the Forza 6 console bundle. I want it, but wonder if I wait if there will be another game included. MS has been running tons of deals, but only on systems available.
There will probably be a "Buy any Xbox One bundle and get any game free" when Battlefront and Black Ops III launch.

QuikNez

How do you go about losing AAA status in reviews? :)

Losing community and reviewer ratings / accolades / support. I recognize that all reviews are subjective and "AAA" is not a standard definition; however, there are plenty of "fall from grace and into mediocrity" examples out there that most would agree with.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Losing community and reviewer ratings / accolades / support. I recognize that all reviews are subjective and "AAA" is not a standard definition; however, there are plenty of "fall from grace and into mediocrity" examples out there that most would agree with.

I see what you mean but Forza can't be downgraded to AA from AAA. It's a AAA game whether it bombs in critical reception, fan reception or both. Only posibility is Turn 10 putting out a Forza title with 16 bit graphics - otherwise it can't downgrade :)

Mista

Banned
Not surprised. Forza is the best Racing game series ever

I want this game so bad especially that Horizon 2 disappointed me

God bless Turn 10

QuikNez

I see what you mean but Forza can't be downgraded to AA from AAA. It's a AAA game whether it bombs in critical reception, fan reception or both. Only posibility is Turn 10 putting out a Forza title with 16 bit graphics - otherwise it can't downgrade :)

In your heart and mine, no question, ride or die.

Outrun

Whether a particular review resonates with us or not is secondary to whether the game resonates with us.

Come next week (or this week) we will make our own minds on the complete game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They region locked cheaper digital games years ago right? 100 dollars is the only price you can pay for the ultimate edition?

Oh ok, is the US price the cheapest?

Games aint region locked.
I havent checked for Forza but Hong Kong, Russia and India are almost always cheaper than the US price.

Brazil is sporatic, sometimes super cheap sometimes costly.

But in HK i trust, havent been failed yet buying from Hong Kong.

Games aint region locked.
I havent checked for Forza but Hong Kong, Russia and India are almost always cheaper than the US price.

Brazil is sporatic, sometimes super cheap sometimes costly.

But in HK i trust, havent been failed yet buying from Hong Kong.

How do I see the prices in the hong kong store from my PC or Xbox?

Sounds like a fair opinion to me.

IMHO, it would be better to drop resolution (to 900p or something like 1360x1080, those "fake" 1080p you know) than fps.

Don't touch fps in Forza or you'll ruin the whole thing.

In fact, I think they should go that way in the future if they can't manage to make enough improvements.

Dynamic weather + 32 cars per race for 900p/non-1080p is a good trafeoff, methinks

Dynamic weather + 32 cars per race for 900p/non-1080p is a good trafeoff, methinks
There's literally no reason to add another 8 cars to the track and certainly not at the expense of the 1080p60 lock. It's hard enough as it is to get a reasonable (gentlemans rules) 16 player lobby going, let alone double.

Dynamic weather is a difficult one I think in terms of implementation and variety. I'm not overly bothered it's not in F6 but not having a drying track/line in a rain condition is a missed oppurtunity.

There's literally no reason to add another 8 cars to the track and certainly not at the expense of the 1080p60 lock. It's hard enough as it is to get a reasonable (gentlemans rules) 16 player lobby going, let alone double.

Dynamic weather is a difficult one I think in terms of implementation and variety. I'm not overly bothered it's not in F6 but not having a drying track/line in a rain condition is a missed oppurtunity.

Agreed. There's no need for more cars on the track, as it's busy enough already.

The game looks great and plays really well, and the rain effects are awesome. I'd think it would be a bit challenging to keep things straight (the way races are set-up, at least) in a simulation racing game if there was dynamic weather.

It fits Horizon, the GOAT, better.

I do agree more cars are not needed.

I suggested more cars so that Forza gets closer to the competition (pCars) which has 40 cars (or so I've heard), but as I said 24 is freakin awesome.

Imho what Forza needs has nothing to do with graphics and has been said a lot of times: longer races, classifications and proper pit stops

Mascot

Surprised, he was pretty down on 5.

FM5 deserved the reviews it got. and FM6 is a massive improvement. Why the surprise? He wasn't 'down on 5' because he dislikes the franchise, he was down on it because it was a low-point in the series and like a lot of reviewers, he probably expected more - launch title or not.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
How do I see the prices in the hong kong store from my PC or Xbox?

Change your Xbox One region to whatever store you want to check prices or buy from.

Same shit with the website, just change your region adn you have full access to whatever country store you set your region as.

Have an XE tab or calculator ready to calculate how much your are actually saving, because prices will be in the stores local currency.

Depending on where you are from and where you are buying you can save a shit ton on purchases because of Exchange rates.

danowat

Banned
Change your Xbox One region to whatever store you want to check prices or buy from.

Same shit with the website, just change your region adn you have full access to whatever country store you set your region as.

Have an XE tab or calculator ready to calculate how much your are actually saving, because prices will be in the stores local currency.

Depending on where you are from and where you are buying you can save a shit ton on purchases because of Exchange rates.

Or an easier way........

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

Yea, it's almost like a game needs to have a lot more wrong with it than that in order to get lower scores.

Exactly, very good scores for a corridor racer.

iAxG6WC5W46d8-uy3LaFEEqcWduTSzFLH3fetMlmyZ5S4ar5WH2PLH2Lu4hbNoWBDSvrdOuFLJtkTi1MAXEj5mQB54MvkN-YBjKc9ll0bPqKBYajlceI7iMZXSLMSPr6XxAgpQmK_WD8cJTxo1HE9UZaD73c6847bvJPq21IaHl9ibD5ABoBkJxuGpJ6slKAU1GfWiWOdERkcq6r-FbDlXkY70g0mkMxGlTZmqF71FTMpkcmACwrSWiCsUlfNso5dgyD2WhBmhRsmBZFZgcKTdmPUnm48PwhXlnS5JFJyZB-cx8pqTtDMXlWGueCoOFinHxAsvlAO0ohLPLM1xxiQtp5gRp3-43ZJJv0TFhHApnD1w7IxcaisWnjlmXeXrPF1Ij2s5llpzso9UqdLCv8lau7esuu2XHI_VVZmqmLPbstCOH9M17_axCnQ3dZVTZRNs-0zOrRNoQnFHFBXSySbfl7guSASCvQGPdj5QJwbdwbEeQ4f6AAzwGnL9N1CxJJiP2tF5sM0rjVtyk4irJYbLd8=w448-h291-no

I'll be making this joke for every track racer released from now on.

cantona222

I checked the car list here and it shows that they are having this model of Lamborghini Aventador:

2012 Aventador LP700-4

Out of curiosity, Why isn't it the 2015 model? They are identical I believe. Why aren't they including the latest model instead of 2012?

danowat

Banned
I checked the car list here and it shows that they are having this model of Lamborghini Aventador:

2012 Aventador LP700-4

Out of curiosity, Why isn't it the 2015 model? They are identical I believe. Why aren't they including the latest model instead of 2012?

Maybe they had the 2012 model all ready rendered, but the differences didn't warrant redoing it for the 2015 model, and they didn't want to (incorrectly) call the 2012 model a 2015 model?

No idea........

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member

2012 Aventador LP700-4

Maybe because they don't want to lie about the model year of the car they're using, the scan/model of the 2012 version works perfectly fine, it's pointless to re-scan the latest model year of a car when you have an identical version from a couple of years ago, etc.

EDIT: Ninja'd completely.

I'm still mad the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R got unicorn'd after FM2, and is MIA in all the X1 Forza games.

Grassy

2012 Aventador LP700-4

Well if they're identical what's the point of including the new one? I think they normally only bother modelling cars with significant model changes, different generations etc.
It's probably a waste of resources having to remodel a new car just because it's had a few tweaks here and there, they're better off focusing on bigger issues.

Mascot

2012 Aventador LP700-4

Ooh. A friend of mine has an orange one of those - I'll have to let him know it's in the game. It's a delightfully silly car.

Top Bottom