• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

xrnzaaas

So that Gamesradar review is kinda baffling.

Most of his complaints are actually understandable assuming they're true. The only thing I wouldn't agree with is complaining about "dull driving". Racing using "dull, slow" cars was always a part of FM (and GT as well) and a lot of people (myself included) take pleasure in that.

sam777

Most of his complaints are actually understandable assuming they're true. The only thing I wouldn't agree with is complaining about "dull driving". Racing in slower cars was always a part of FM (and GT as well) and a lot of people (myself included) actually take pleasure in that.

Some of the complaints though are not relevant when you can turn said things off in the settings e.g. rewinds.

danowat

Banned
Most of his complaints are actually understandable assuming they're true. The only thing I wouldn't agree with is complaining about "dull driving". Racing using "dull, slow" cars was always a part of FM (and GT as well) and a lot of people (myself included) take pleasure in that.

Racing using slow(er) cars I can get, but it's part of this type of game, it's ingrained in it's DNA, just like GT, I would say maybe he would prefer the non-gated type of career, but GR already heavily marked down PCars as well (although gave DC 4/5)

I somehow managed to roll my car on a straight because it waggled under acceleration, which grew more violent before turning into a spin, which tipped over and barrelled for some 50m.

This statement is bizarre though, from that anecdote it would appear that the reviewer doesn't like sim games, and can't handle them very well, although I understand he has a pedigree with racers, which makes the above statement all the more bizarre.

terrible

Banned
Some of the complaints though are not relevant when you can turn said things off in the settings e.g. rewinds.

And complaining that the mod payouts are pointless because of the wheel spin prizes is a bit odd too. They're basically mini objectives (ie start at the back of the pack or similar) to spice things up should you choose to use them, the money is just a bonus. It's a silly thing to complain about.

jem0208

His biggest complaint seemed to be that he didn't like racing with slow cars.

But that's always been a major part of Forza. That's like giving Halo a 6 because most of the game involves shooting a BR.

terrible

Banned
His biggest complaint seemed to be that he didn't like racing with slow cars.

But that's always been a major part of Forza. That's like giving Halo a 6 because most of the game involves shooting a BR.

Lol almost, I'd say it's more like complaining that you have to use the assault rifle a lot at the start when you'd rather be using the BR.

MouldyK

11986464_10203910533997881_3917287398109146006_n.jpg

derFeef

accessible isn't arcade though. i know you can make the game dumb as hell if you so wish, with rewinds and auto breaking and driving lines. but that's not really the same thing as an arcade racer. unless there's some sort of of mode that just turns the game into burnout/NFS hot persuit or something? in which case i'm in.

if it wasn't open world, it might have been. picky tastes remember....plus the heavy use of DOF, motion blur, night racing and reflective streets and jj abrams lens flare make it nigh on impossible to see where you're even going. and that's not even counting the "cinematic racing camera"

there needs to be more legit track based arcade racers. MS has the IP for one as far as i'm aware (PGR) but won't make it :(

I just read "I don't really want an Xbox One or the games - but I am really liking to argue about them with people"
Sorry to call you out, but it's a bit exhausting.

xrnzaaas

I was talking mostly about the Drivatar and the full sim handling complaints (although I must admit that the second complaint can be very subjective).

Him, GameMaster and Playstation Official Magazine UK were one of the 3 Publications (Ironically, 1 for each System) to give the game a 9/10.

Game sits at a 75-78 Metacritic.

How was that game anyway? Good?
IMO, not really and the the first two points would never translate to a game of Forza's DNA. It's like asking the shooting in ArmA to be like Battlefield.

Great reviews. I skipped Forza 5, so looking forward to jumping into this game.
I owned 5 for a few weeks but it was nothing over the stunning forza 4 at the time so it shall be my return too, the break of not playing forza has made it fresh for me again.

KORNdoggy

I just read "I don't really want an Xbox One or the games - but I am really liking to argue about them with people"
Sorry to call you out, but it's a bit exhausting.

who's arguing? lol

and i want an xbone. waiting for quantum break personally.

tuna_love

Banned
I don't want to be the guy who doesn't agree with reviewers but if I only had one fun race in my time reviewing a game I'd score it lower than 3 out of 5.

What don't you "get" in other sim racers?

I seem to have less fun at first and never continue to play. I crash, spin out, and I always head right back to something like Burnout Paradise or Mario Kart where everything feels awesome to me. Sure it's not realalistic, but that controller isn't a real steering wheel either. Unlike in a real car, I don't feel the road via the feel of a steeling wheel, clutch, breaks, seat, and g-forces. So to me, something in-between a real car and an RC car makes more sense for video games. I could be totally wrong. I've yet to fall for a racing sim however. But with every major sim driving release I think ooh so pretty, better, perhaps this will be the one.

danowat

Banned
I seem to have less fun at first and never continue to play. I crash, spin out, and I always head right back to something like Burnout Paradise or Mario Kart where everything feels awesome to me. Sure it's not realalistic, but that controller isn't a real steering wheel either. Unlike in a real car, I don't feel the road via the feel of a steeling wheel, clutch, breaks, seat, and g-forces. So to me, something in-between a real car and an RC car makes more sense for video games. I could be totally wrong. I've yet to fall for a racing sim however. But with every major sim driving release I think ooh so pretty, better, perhaps this will be the one.

I think T10 try to (as I said before, at the detriment of those who want a proper sim racer) do more to appeal to as many people as possible more than most other sims (or pseudo-sims).

Give the demo a try.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
accessible isn't arcade though. i know you can make the game dumb as hell if you so wish, with rewinds and auto breaking and driving lines. but that's not really the same thing as an arcade racer. unless there's some sort of of mode that just turns the game into burnout/NFS hot persuit or something? in which case i'm in.

Not calling you out or anything, just curious.

What were you expecting when you came into this thread?
And do you think this is the appropriate place to discuss whatever it is you are trying to discuss?

P.S Have you played any of the city circuit races in Forza Horizon 2....those might as well be closed circuit races....ohh damn but some of them happen at night.

P.S.S If you gonna be that picky about your racers you might be NOT playing anything for a very long time.

On Topic

That GamesRader.
Hatred of the AI and driving slow cars are his biggest complaints.

Thats like hating most RPGs because the hero starts at level one and cant do those world ending super spells for the first double digit percent of the game?
How is that a complaint.....isnt that called progression, and something im guessing atleast most people like.
The idea of starting slow, then gradually getting faster is logical to me...but maybe im just strrage.

I sorta get the random payout hate...but is it really a negative?

Also.
He fails to mention Rivals Mode or any multiplayer at that.....Rivals and MP are pretty big components in Forza and leaving them out of a review when he is hating on being rewarded too much is pretty bad.

All those cars and the cash he is getting, will come in handy when playing Rivals and MP.
He basically just reviewd the championship mode.....so should this review be Forza Motorsport 6 SP review or something?

KORNdoggy

Not calling you out or anything, just curious.

What were you expecting when you came into this thread?
And do you think this is the appropriate place to discuss whatever it is you are trying to discuss?

P.S Have you played any of the city circuit races in Forza Horizon 2....those might as well be closed circuit races....ohh damn but some of them happen at night.

P.S.S If you gonna be that picky about your racers you might be NOT playing anything for a very long time.

i'm not against night racing...haha. what gave you that impression? my issue is specifically with NFS's night racing and how much post processing is used which has resulted in a less then clear image. forza horizon at night looks great. and i didn't know all the races in horizon where locked off tracks. i thought the open world was ingrained into the racing...now i know it's not it's one I'll add to the list :)

and i wasn't looking to discuss anything. i was simply saying how if i was that way inclined, this would be the game to get me to buy an xbox earlier then i initially plan to. it seems to be reviewing great. and i imagine it'll sell a lot of people on the console.

i just made a comment, other people made it a discussion or an "argument" as some people like to keep calling it. lol.

GHG

i'm not against night racing...haha. what gave you that impression? my issue is specifically with NFS's night racing and how much post processing is used which has resulted in a less then clear image. forza horizon at night looks great. and i didn't know all the races in horizon where locked off tracks. i thought the open world was ingrained into the racing...now i know it's not it's one I'll add to the list :)

and i wasn't looking to discuss anything. i was simply saying how if i was that way inclined, this would be the game to get me to buy an xbox earlier then i initially plan to. it seems to be reviewing great. and i imagine it'll sell a lot of people on the console.

i just made a comment, other people made it a discussion or an "argument" as some people like to keep calling it. lol.

They're not. Probably just a third or a quarter are.

kazinova

Oh, jesus.

I read the Gamersradar review for Forza 6

Then I read that guy's Driveclub (take a shot!) review.

Ho-ly shit, this guy, a tip of the fedora to you, sir. Enjoy a sudden spike in @mentions on twitter. You've gamed the system.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, I'm so ready for this game. Skipped Forza 5 and recently sold Horizon 2.

Why would you sell Horizon 2? :( That is the game of the forever for me - so damn fun, no matter how many times you go back to it.

Oh man! I was going to wait on this till later but I can't. This will be a good break when I am heartbroken choosing between Triss and Yen and need some predicability in my life.

In the demo with the right AI settings and most assists off (I can't get on with manal clutch so I just rock manual) the racing is amazing, it all comes down to the setup you give yourself, if you feel that the AI is no challenge then turn it up.

One thing though about the forza AI is that they always brake early and take sweeping corners way too slow, that is one complaint I am willing to moan at turn10 about, it's not exactly 'drivatar' standards if the AI doesn't copy your breaking points...

Top Bottom