• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

11986464_10203910533997881_3917287398109146006_n.jpg

....what?

thats like saying "if call of duty had halo's shooting, itd be the best ever. but it doesnt. so it isnt."

danowat

Banned
Let's have a little guessing game.......

This is a quote from a review of FM6, can you guess the final figure they awarded it?

Forza Motorsport 6 is a wonderful racing simulator that offers great races with fantastic cars. The game itself looks gorgeous down to the last detail. As for the gameplay, playing around with the assists and fine tuning options make you feel as though you really have an important role in your car’s performance on the tracks. Whether you drive a McLaren F1 or a Toyota Supra, remember to take care of your cars, treat them with respect, push them to the max and make them feel alive. Only then will you truly appreciate this game to its fullest.

shandy706

The GamesRadar review makes absolutely no sense....on an almost LOL level.

Has this reviewer ever played GT or Forza before?

I see he "Hates" Halo 3 and FEAR. Interesting site. How can you hate FEAR?! :p

They seem to lean towards arcade racers. That specific reviewer especially.

Edit** Wait....he also did the Project Cars review. Which got a higher score from him. Now I don't know what to think, haha. He even played it on the Xbox One. It runs and looks like crap on the X1...

Yeah...that makes a lot of sense. /s

danowat

Banned
Driveclub/10

Hehe ;)

Nope, they gave it 6.9/10 "Fair".

This is my problem with reviews, the final score, the bit that people actually take the most notice of, can at times, bear little resemblance to the body of text in the review.

After, what many may deem as hyperbole, they call the game "fair", bonkers.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
1 thing that is a bit "Gran Turismo-ish" about this game.

- NO Dynamic weather. It either rains or it doesn't
- Rain only available during daytime races, NOT during night racing.
- Weather/ night for selected tracks only <---- COME ON!!

This is as half assed as the whole premium/standard crap GT threw at us.

Either implement it fully, or not at all. This is nonsense.

I understand 60fps is a golden number, but to tone down when/ where you can drive at night or in the rain, is a STUPID idea.
Especially in a game which advertises heavily with said features.

If I want to drive say, Spa at night, in the rain, then let me do so, don't limit this.

xboxnerd

Banned

If Knack had Ninja Gaiden's battle, it would be the best action game ever made. But it doesn't. So it isn't.

If Rogue Warrior had Halo's shooting, it would be the best FPS game ever made. But it doesn't. So it isn't.

If TOZ had Last Odyssey's story, it would be the best RPG game ever made. But it doesn't. So it isn't.

If Ace Combat had Microsoft Flight Simulator's flight, it would be the best aircraft game ever made. But it doesn't. So it isn't.

...What? /s

Troy

Banned

Either implement it fully, or not at all.

I understand 60fps is a golden number, but to tone down when/ where you can drive at night or in the rain, is a STUPID idea.

If I want to drive say, Spa at night, in the rain, then let me do so, don't limit this.

If they did that to maintain 60 fps, they made the right decision. Performance trumps all else.

Nice reviews. i sorta expect a few wonky reviews though,ever game has 'em. Hey those sites need hits sometimes ;)

Just ordered the game directly from Xbox.com and was notified that I'll also be receiving a $10.00 gift card, or point card,or whatever the hell it is for pre ordering the game from them. Question...do they do this with all games? Like 3rd party games also? Or just 1st party stuff? Admiringly I'm more of a last minute gamer,I don't preorder games really. $10.00 gift card for XBox Live is sweet,lots of games to grab on there.

xboxnerd

Banned

Either implement it fully, or not at all.

Turn 10 explained this before. They decided not to include certain weather condition if it is not realistic. Like it hardly rains in Abu Dhabi so there won't be a raining Yas Marina, and some tracks do not open at night. It has little relationship with performance.

It still would be better if dynamic TOD is included though, and it never feel bored to race in rain.

paskowitz

GT6 has all these things... just at the expense of unstable framerates.

Putty

Turn 10 explained this before. They decided not to include certain weather condition if it is not realistic. Like it hardly rains in Abu Dhabi so there won't be a raining Yas Marina, and some tracks do not open at night. It has little relationship with performance.

It still would be better if dynamic TOD is included though, and it never feel bored to race in rain.

I had to chuckle at this 8)

Footos22

The GamesRadar review makes absolutely no sense....on an almost LOL level.

Has this reviewer ever played GT or Forza before?

I see he "Hates" Halo 3 and FEAR. Interesting site. How can you hate FEAR?! :p

They seem to lean towards arcade racers. That specific reviewer especially.

Edit** Wait....he also did the Project Cars review. Which got a higher score from him. Now I don't know what to think, haha. He even played it on the Xbox One. It runs and looks like crap on the X1...

Yeah...that makes a lot of sense. /s

If the events are dull like he is saying then what good is performance and graphics.

MouldyK

Hehe ;)

This is my problem with reviews, the final score, the bit that people actually take the most notice of, can at times, bear little resemblance to the body of text in the review.

How? What games have they given an 9 if they praise a 6.9 like that? XD

Discusguy

What they gave us is incredible driving experience at 60fps.

I'm guessing they will release other weathered tracks as they are completed as in the case with FH2 for weather dlc.

Trup1aya

So you'd prefer to have no rain or night time at all, over having them on select tracks...

I think most would agree that something is better than nothing... And that's probably what the devs were banking on...

Angel_DvA

Nice scores, I won't bite though, I prefer Horizon series, can't wait for FH3. I hope people who love FM series will love it.

GHG

But yet in the night races at yas marina your cars tires behave like its 0 degrees outside ;) .

Don't buy into the pr bullshit please. The reality is probably more a hardware limitation than anything since 60fps/1080p in all possible scenarios will not be compromised on. That's not a bad thing, but it comes at a cost obviously so we have limited conditions to play with.

Wait. I though GT series has dynamic weather and every track with weather and day/night conditions. I haven't played but I thought that Forza's blaming for lack of that things meant that GT had them...

Night/weather are on certain tracks, but not all of them.

Putty

But yet in the night races at yas marina your cars tires behave like its 0 degrees outside ;) .

Don't buy into the pr bullshit please. The reality is probably more a hardware limitation than anything since 60fps/1080p in all possible scenarios will not be compromised on. That's not a bad thing, but it comes at a cost obviously so we have limited conditions to play with.

You'd have to say a 2 yr dev cycle would be the main cause.

nib95

Banned
Oh! I see. I wonder why. I doubt GT was aiming for performance compromises.

Time constraints most probably. I doubt getting dynamic time of day and weather on any track is a particularly easy thing. Some of these Sim racers have a crap tonne of tracks as well (40+) which makes it even more arduous. That's why I have to give extra props to Project Cars. A crowd funded game by a smaller dev team that is stacked with features and content, that in some cases the big boys can't even match.

On a side note, fantastic reviews. I think it should easily clear a 90 on meta unless there's a few really bad scores to come.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Him, GameMaster and Playstation Official Magazine UK were one of the 3 Publications (Ironically, 1 for each System) to give the game a 9/10.

Game sits at a 75-78 Metacritic.

How was that game anyway? Good?

I thought it was pretty decent. If you liked Grid 1, you'll probably like Autosport.

xboxnerd

Banned

Well I was just stating the official answer...

I also wish to race with dynamic TOD and weather. Especially racing in a thunderstorm at night, that would be the best.

But I can accept it if 60 fps is locked, and it seems to be the fact.

You'd have to say a 2 yr dev cycle would be the main cause.

Been saying it for ages - I wish we had a third game (PGR 5 or hardcore Forza please) for rotation within the series. I'm still kinda burnt out after 5, and it's really making me lose any hype for this - even though reviews are great. Forza 5 still feels 'fine', and I won't be itching to leave the south of France or Italy for Playground's next entry. But give it another year, and I think I would. Add the bonus of more content and a new (or returning) third series, and I really don't think there'd be that much opposition.

Maybe I'll pick this up in a year, but Forza holds its value, and then it'll only be 12 months until the next one.... series fatigue anyone?

xboxnerd

Banned
Been saying it for ages - I wish we had a third game (PGR 5 or hardcore Forza please) for rotation within the series. I'm still kinda burnt out after 5, and it's really making me lose any hype for this - even though reviews are great. Forza 5 still feels 'fine', and I won't be itching to leave the south of France or Italy for Playground's next entry. But give it another hear, and I think I would. Add the bonus of more content and a new (or returning) third series, and I really don't think there'd be that much opposition.

Maybe I'll pick this up in a year, but Forza holds its value, and then it'll only be 12 months until the next one.... series fatigue anyone?

FH can be more PGR-like with larger cities. There are still some place for more arcadey racers. I would love to have another Midtown Madness or Burnout.

Oh man this is rich.

Someone I know who reviewed the game said he was in some play sessions with the Gamesradar reviewer and this is what he is saying:

"Wow, turns out I actually played with be guy who wrote the Gamesradar review. Spoilers: he knew nothing about the game"

"He was in an Xbox LIVE party with me. He was streaming and someone asked him if the game was 1080p 60fps, and I quote 'I don't really know, is it 1080p 60fps?'"

"He had shit races because he IS shit. He kept crashing everyone out, I'm not sure if he knows how the game works"

seen a couple reviewers who played with him claim that he just kept crashing into everyone lol

Oh man this is rich.

Someone I know who reviewed the game said he was in some play sessions with the Gamesradar reviewer and this is what he is saying:

"Wow, turns out I actually played with be guy who wrote the Gamesradar review. Spoilers: he knew nothing about the game"

"He was in an Xbox LIVE party with me. He was streaming and someone asked him if the game was 1080p 60fps, and I quote 'I don't really know, is it 1080p 60fps?'"

"He had shit races because he IS shit. He kept crashing everyone out, I'm not sure if he knows how the game works"

seen a couple reviewers who played with him claim that he just kept crashing into everyone lol

real or not he does sound like someone who prefers to hold down accelerate and steer to victory instead of driving a car with care and attention, that's how I see it anyway.

VinFTW

Damn fantastic reviews, couple low ones but ign has always been spot on for me and a 9.0 is fucking amazing.

xboxnerd

Banned
Oh man this is rich.

In another thread someone said that this guy held the world record of F1 2011 and Sega Rally, so it is strange if he don't know how to break.

wtshaolin

Banned
Hehe ;)

Ha, I just commented on that at N4G. At least be consistent between your review and final score. You can't say that it continues to be a favorite franchise of yours and grade it as anything less than good. Laughable clickbaithood.

Top Bottom