• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX: 10th season of 24 tentatively planned for 2016; sans-Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people spoiling stuff that happened last season in a thread that isn't LTTP.

Jack handed himself over to the Russians at the end after committing two acts of defenestrations and being chased by a missile-equipped drone through London and cutting Chang's head off with a samurai sword.
God damn, Jack Bauer, you are amazing.

Natiko

Banned
I mean I'll take this over no 24 at all, but it should really only be without Jack for maybe half the season as they rescue him.

ghostjoke

Banned
Yeah but Season 6 had no tony

They can pull this off imo, especially if they get Aaron Pierce, Chloe, Mandy, Belcheck and Kate Morgan involved with Tony too.

Just think of the possibilities for badassery. And then just when you thought itd never happen...boom, they rescue bauer in episode 10 and he joins the team for the finale.

IT WOULD BE AMAZING

One of the many problems with season 6, but I just meant unless they have good plot reasons (i.e. not because Kiefer is doing something else) then
just skip to the rescue of Jack and proceed from there.

I've forgotten about Belcheck, he was pretty cool, and it seems so long since Pierce was about patriotin' it up, and Mandy, that's like season 4? Would be so cash if she came back to drop another bombshell. Don't fuck this up Fox, make the dream team come through.

Vally

Hmmm not sure how I feel about a 24 season without Jack... but if the alternative is not getting a new season at all I'll gladly take a spin-off with Tony and Kate

Rich!

Hmmm not sure how I feel about a 24 season without Jack... but if the alternative is not getting a new season at all I'll gladly take a spin-off with Tony and Kate

Who says bauer wont be technically in it.

I'm still betting the entire season would still revolve around Jack Bauer, if only the latter half.

He doesn't have to be the main character or in it at all. Lets give Tony a shot with Bauer as motivation for the plot.

jesu

I'm still betting the entire season would still revolve around Jack Bauer, if only the latter half.

He doesn't have to be the main character or in it at all. Lets give Tony a shot with Bauer as motivation for the plot.

A whole series about rescuing Jack would be cool.

Vally

Yeah I really doubt he won't be in it, he should appear as a guest star at least

Rich!

Yeah I really doubt he won't be in it, he should appear as a guest star at least

Final two episodes. They rescue him, and he gets a superb finale, makes amends with Tony, says goodbye to Chloe and Belcheck and then the timejump shows him settling down with his family (kim, his grandchildren) and his story ends there.

jesu

Final two episodes. They rescue him, and he gets a superb finale, makes amends with Tony, says goodbye to Chloe and Belcheck and then the timejump shows him settling down with his family (kim, his grandchildren) and his story ends there.

He could have an autistic child that sees numbers.

Tookay

TONY ALMEIDA KATE MORGAN POWER HOUR

Come FOX, you know you want to redeem Tony.

And I like the idea of having Jack being a periphery character who factors into the last couple hours.

ryan299

Only way I'd be interested in this is if it stars Tony and if Jack is somehow evolved. Like we don't need to see Jack but his character needs to be involved. Maybe Tony is trying to free him.

Also didn't see a thread on this but Fox wants to bring Prison Break back. Don't see how considering
Michael dies at the end

Bishop89

:/ what is this shit, no thanks. Bauer IS 24. Might as well just create a new show.

unless it features Tony trying to rescue him for the first half

wildfire

Banned
I didn't like Renee Walker. But I loved Kate. More of her would be acceptable. Almeda would be god like. Taking a risk on anyone else to lead the show is risky but I wouldn't mind watching a Jack free show.

Blader

I really hope this next one is the last one. No more cliffhanger endings, no more teases for movies that won't happen. Just give this show some long overdue resolution and end it.

Bishop89

Hasn't jack been featured in every episode so far. It would blow not having him in every future episode.

Jack is 24. If he is not in it, what's the point? I might as well just watch another spy / espionage show like... Nikita *shudders*

Also Tony is amazing.
Kate was horrible, don't know why people liked her. Mandy was in like what, 3 episodes, and had more character than Kate.

liquidtmd

Banned
The fundamental problem you have is that with no 'passing of the torch' or decent send-off for Jack, people will start 24 Season 10 (or 24: Whatever its called) with "WHAT HAPPENED TO JACK" in their mind.

I don't care whichever words are uttered like "Jacks still
in prison in Russia
. I don't care however good Tony or whoever is who fronts it. The Kiefer shadow will loom incredibly large. Even if they did 8 episodes sans Jack then stuck him in for the last four, the season debate would purely be "When is he going to show". And whats the point of spending 2/3's of a season just waiting?

You want the main draw and he is it.

Vally

TV Insider

Newman says he's not concerned about backlash after announcing that the next installment of 24 might not include Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer. "If [Sutherland] wants to, he'll be in it and it will be built around him," he says. "That would by far be our preference." [...] "There's a point Jack Bauer can come in and fit very organically in their story, but they were prepared to do something that would be the one installment without Jack Bauer,"

So it seems it could go either way, depending on what Kiefer decides

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JACK BAUER POWER HOUR OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Seriously a show about Tony/Fem Bauer saving Jack from the Russians would be great, but Jack still needs to be a focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom