• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii) Pre-Order Bonus CD and Dual-Boxart

zigg

Mr. Hyde said:
Dual. I am playing it with Japanese audio/English subs. You can actually change the menus to Japanese or French, too.

I'm probably going to go that way. Main characters are allright (though they tend to... speak... really... slowly), but the voices of the memories can be kinda rough.

Tenkei

Has anyone who preordered the game in Canada been able to get the soundtrack? None of the GameStops in Waterloo seems to have received any.

wrowa

No6 said:
I have to ask, does the part of your brain that makes you find abused women attractive also rewrite history in order to defend Nintendo? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a connection given the various mental aberreations I've seen from certain posters. Ico did not score poorly at all on release.
No6 said:
I'm just trying to figure out why you'd compare a game getting poor reviews to one of the best reviewed and fondly remembered games of last-gen, and how, if at all, to your physical attraction to beaten women. That said, I was not aware that you are German, and if HBO Real Sex 14 has taught me anything, it's that you may have a prediliction for some silly/trite sexual fetishes.
Wow. You are disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Tenkei said:
Has anyone who preordered the game in Canada been able to get the soundtrack? None of the GameStops in Waterloo seems to have received any.

I did in downtown Toronto and got the soundtrack right away!

Sorry you're having trouble finding it. :(

Edit: Damn me for putting "did" twice, that's what happens when you get hay fever. :(

Tenkei

Hero of Legend said:
Did did in downtown Toronto and got the soundtrack right away!

Sorry you're having trouble finding it. :(
Argh, if I can't find it tonight, then I'm going to cancel my preorder and buy it from the GameStop Website, since the page indicates that I'll get a soundtrack when I buy it from there, even without a preorder.

zigg

Tenkei said:
Argh, if I can't find it tonight, then I'm going to cancel my preorder and buy it from the GameStop Website, since the page indicates that I'll get a soundtrack when I buy it from there, even without a preorder.

I was buying copies of Little King's Story (somehow I ended up as a distribution point for friends) months after its release from Amazon and they came with the squeezy Oniis shrink-wrapped to the game. :lol

(Sadly, that's no longer the case, but I do still have two!)

Tenkei

zigg said:
I was buying copies of Little King's Story (somehow I ended up as a distribution point for friends) months after its release from Amazon and they came with the squeezy Oniis shrink-wrapped to the game. :lol

Online purchase made. I'll post impressions of the game whenever I actually receive it. :lol

Boogiepop

Got mine yesterday. Through some fault of either mine or Gamestop's, not sure which, the case got slightly cracked and a decent bit of the plastic around the cover ripped, so I think I'll take advantage of the back of the receipt's claim that opened new games can be exchanged for identical items for up to 30 days. Anyway, only played about 25 mins or so thus far, but it's been plenty pretty thus far, and I found the use of the Wiimote speaker a nice little touch.

MiniDitka

So pretty.

NDVD_013.jpg

Gameplay videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/ShotMyEyeOut10#grid/user/F962B753CA8A9CA2

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Huh, so doomed1 is banned. Wonder what happened, seemed to still be posting a week ago...

Ah well. I guess this will be the temporary official thread until he's unbanned.

Solune

zigg said:

Wtf really? I thought those Onis were GS only preorder bonuses?
I was thinking of preordering Fragile through GS as well for the Bonus CD but international shipping + duties to Canada is killer for just the cd.

MiniDitka said:

I don't know why, but I suddenly lost interest in this game... it was on my MUST BUY!!! list, but something happened, and now I'm like "bleh."

Maybe it's the bad impressions of the gameplay. :(

Graphics-wise, it looks awesome... for a Wii title. I had just finished a couple of previous gen titles too, and also Silent Hill Shattered Memories, so I'm more than welcome to play Wii games that aren't as graphically up to par with PS3 or 360.

I dunno what it is... just SOMETHING has me bothered about this game... so MOAR HYPE PLEASE!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've only managed about 25 minutes tonight, but this game fucking OOZES atmosphere. They nailed that perfectly. Not too keen on the combat though. Seems pretty... janky.
Assuming the game opens up a bit, it'll probably have a very satisfying exploration element as well.

Tentative thumbs up.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Mejilan said:
I've only managed about 25 minutes tonight, but this game fucking OOZES atmosphere. They nailed that perfectly. Not too keen on the combat though. Seems pretty... janky.
Assuming the game opens up a bit, it'll probably have a very satisfying exploration element as well.

Tentative thumbs up.

I came here to post this, you beat me to it.

Solune said:
I was thinking of preordering Fragile through GS as well for the Bonus CD but international shipping + duties to Canada is killer for just the cd.

Yeah I had to give up on the idea of getting it from Gamestop as the total price would have been around £60 to the UK. Problem is that the only OST being listed on eBay is about $30 excluding postage, which is insane for what is essentially a free CD.

Hopefully someone will stick a copy of that Moonlight Tracks up for around $15-20 so I can buy that and then just get the UK release cheap in a month when all the reviews have rolled in.

Mejilan

It's only a 12 song sampler. For those prices, you're probably just better off importing the full OST or something.

Mejilan said:
It's only a 12 song sampler. For those prices, you're probably just better off importing the full OST or something.

Already crossed my mind, but from the few scraps of info I've read it seems that the opening and ending themes aren't on the full Japanese OST.

Some people will find this a worthwhile struggle, other people will just find it a struggle. All the stuff that's wrong with it is gameplay-related.

Hero of Canton said:
Some people will find this a worthwhile struggle, other people will just find it a struggle. All the stuff that's wrong with it is gameplay-related.

Very true - in my case, the story and memories are what kept me plowing through. Worst design decision was the green light (it reveals secret messages on the walls). I didn't want to miss any, so from the point I got it onwards the whole game was one long green glow :p

Tenkei

Solune said:
Wtf really? I thought those Onis were GS only preorder bonuses?
You're in Canada? Use gamestop.ca and you won't have to pay any shipping or handling charges, assuming that you don't pick the express shipping option.

zigg

Hm. I've had a little trouble with the combat so far—specifically, it's hard to judge how close I am to any given enemy and I've even found myself attacking an enemy that was somehow behind me—but I can't say I've had any trouble with movement and flashlight use, apart from the apparent inability to look down at my feet. I was thinking it was working out rather well actually.

Mudkips

Banned
duckroll said:
It's definitely shitty. The system doesn't unlock either, it just gets worse. It starts out with amazing potential, being turn based and with the "enemy moves as you move" AP system ala VP2. Then very quickly the game starts to drop into a pool of it's own turd by "upgrading" it into a realtime button spam fest. It's not fun, it's simplistic, and it is a piece of shit. I will fight you and your entire family over this issue!

Eternal Sonata's combat was great.
It never turned into a spam fest.
You just had to plan ahead and be quick when you got to the "full" battle system.

Mejilan

zigg said:
Hm. I've had a little trouble with the combat so far—specifically, it's hard to judge how close I am to any given enemy and I've even found myself attacking an enemy that was somehow behind me—but I can't say I've had any trouble with movement and flashlight use, apart from the apparent inability to look down at my feet. I was thinking it was working out rather well actually.

Yep, I'm pretty much of the same mind. You can crouch or back up, that'll allow you to aim lower, in a sense. Combat's pretty uninspired, but I actually rather dig the slight clunkiness to the movement. The measured movements and animations suit the game's atmosphere quite well.

I just beat this game last night. I wish the last event scene was longer. :(

Anyway, it took me just ten hours to finish. I didn't get all those items with memories. I almost ran past every enemy in the game. There were only a handful of enemies where I had no choice but to fight them due to the path being too narrow, not including boss enemies or that one room where you had to defeat the ghosts to get an important item.

The best parts of the game was the atmosphere. The environment and music drove the experience. The combat got old quick so I just avoided it. I really like how the Wii remote speaker was used. Some of the sounds creeped me out as I was roaming the game's many dark straightaways, turns, and corners.

Oh yeah, and I played the entire game with the english dub setting.

I enjoyed Fragile Dreams. Thanks for bringing it over Xseed! :D

Mejilan

Backing up is easier than crouching, IMHO. Once you hit B to zoom, you can always hit A to zoom even further if need be.

ShockingAlberto said:
Is it my wiimote or is the B button zoom ridiculously sensitive in this game?

I didn't have any problems with it.

Spirit Icana said:
I just beat this game last night. I wish the last event scene was longer. :(

Anyway, it took me just ten hours to finish. I didn't get all those items with memories. I almost ran past every enemy in the game. There were only a handful of enemies where I had no choice but to fight them due to the path being too narrow, not including boss enemies or that one room where you had to defeat the ghosts to get an important item.

The best parts of the game was the atmosphere. The environment and music drove the experience. The combat got old quick so I just avoided it. I really like how the Wii remote speaker was used. Some of the sounds creeped me out as I was roaming the game's many dark straightaways, turns, and corners.

Oh yeah, and I played the entire game with the english dub setting.

I enjoyed Fragile Dreams. Thanks for bringing it over Xseed! :D

Ah, so I don't have to engage in crappy game controls for the most part then? And as the reviews say, leveling up seems incidental. So I'm assuming enemies that you have to fight aren't that much harder to beat if you're under-leveled?

Interest increasing again.

Dineren

Banned
I was going to pass on this for now, but my visa rebate from my n900 showed up so I decided to go ahead and order it. The comments on combat have me a bit worried, but if you can skip most of the fights I'll be satisfied. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot tomorrow.

Picked up my copy today.
Glad to see the person in front on me also purchasing a copy of the game.:D
EB Games gave me a copy of the Magna Carta 2 art book for some reason.:lol

Solune

Tenkei said:
You're in Canada? Use gamestop.ca and you won't have to pay any shipping or handling charges, assuming that you don't pick the express shipping option.
Damn I didn't know gamestop.ca started taking orders, whenever that was up and running. But the bonus isn't showing with Fragile anymore. Oh well, wanted the cd more for the art sleeve since it's unique seeing as I have the Aoi Teshima tracks already.

Top Bottom