• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freakyforms (3dsware) |OT| of Don't Panic

zigg

I recently realized this is my most played game on 3DS.
I did put 20 hours into it, which was pretty awesome.

Here's some of my favourites. Hope some of you are still playing.
Sometimes. Pretty rarely now though. I bet I'd light right back up if I StreetPassed someone instead of the same old Plaza + Mario combo.

(Not that I mind getting Mario StreetPasses. They help cement my crown as local Mario champion.)

Lijik

I need to get back into this game.
I discovered while on break from college that its just not as much fun if I can't show a friend next to me the stupid shit I just created, its dumb voice, and what ever janky way it explores the world.

Classes started back up again so hopefully I get into more freakyforms in my downtime

winhax

Neo Member
I joined NeoGAF just so I could post my favorite Formees I created.

I happen to like the limit of 20 parts. My creativity starts to spark when I have to delete a part and then think, "I bet I could use this shape instead."

I am no artist when it comes to drawing, but I feel like one, even if my Formees are not perfect.

These four brought my Formee count to 50.

HNI_0052-Copy.jpg

HNI_0055-Copy.jpg

HNI_0057.jpg

HNI_0058.jpg

Lijik

I happen to like the limit of 20 parts. My creativity starts to spark when I have to delete a part and then think, "I bet I could use this shape instead."

Yeah! It turns things into a kind of a puzzle when I'm running out of parts for a complex design and need to start thinking about what Im placing down.

winhax

Neo Member
My girlfriend told me Catwoman's boobs are too big. I told her I had to make them that big, so that you could tell they were boobs.

zigg

While I was stuck for an half-hour in traffic yesterday thanks to a surprise winter storm, I somehow managed to StreetPass someone playing the game. And so I ended up making a few more and also finally taking shots of some that I hadn't done yet...

I think my work is getting more bizarre.

5kWRD.jpg
XH80k.jpg

DN4dM.jpg
HKFeE.jpg
zWQt2.jpg

zigg

Yes, more. The Downloads thread made me do it...

This batch actually turned out to be good on the whole, so there are a lot of highlights. I hit 80 Formees with these guys, got that last creation trophy. Still nothing for pen pals etc. :(

0sRcZ.jpg
l2IAf.jpg
SFP7L.jpg
K0EBq.jpg
JYDdO.jpg
w6j48.jpg
3rRWE.jpg
G1QMx.jpg
YoZyi.jpg
bUalR.jpg
kxhS4.jpg
ijuGA.jpg
VJd7L.jpg

zigg

In case anyone's wondering, max cash is 99999.

Max Formees is 80; you have to delete some of your own creations to make room for more.

Shiggy

If you played the first Nintendo eShop Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! game, you’ll be delighted to hear that you can add formees from this game to Freakyforms Deluxe via QR Code. Please refer to the electronic manual for instructions on how to save QR Codes of formees to an SD card.

The original Nintendo eShop game will eventually be updated so that all formees can be shared across both versions. Although use is limited in the first Freakyforms game, any formees, including new parts, from Freakyforms Deluxe can be viewed and saved via StreetPass or QR Code.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...yforms_deluxe_your_creations_alive_50159.html

zigg

My takeaway from that:
  1. New parts, nice! and good show updating the eShop version to make them work
  2. I bet the scanning in is no different than it is now—they'll be guests, not your Formees

zigg

What is it about this game that keeps drawing me back in? In the possibly-vain hope that there's anything resembling a community still around, here's 79 and one more (failed on the first upload)—my second volume of Formees from my second time through the game. (First time I played on my own; second time was after the loss of my original 3DS and I played with my daughter a bit.) Highlights, and bear in mind some of them are a little rehashy:

eUihy.jpg
HYu9q.jpg
MoVUj.jpg
p1MNz.jpg
7Tv41.jpg
BYxIk.jpg
14FOD.jpg
dvuxf.jpg
SMIZq.jpg
hfTDt.jpg
RrWAr.jpg
EDZsZ.jpg
hLsMN.jpg
MjPC5.jpg
ET6pT.jpg
nOmTu.jpg
A4alx.jpg
hAKUl.jpg

So... all that behind me, and yes, fully aware that it's probably a rip-off, I dropped $20 virtual bucks on Deluxe, partly out of intellectual curiosity, partly because I know I'll fill it with creations slowly over time too. It's kind of an interesting package—it has at least two landmasses for Meadow level 2, with one being totally new and the other being a combination of the old and some new areas. The RPG plays off your creation skills, too; more arms and legs gives you more attack chances, and apparently body-type parts bolster defense. (Those are the only tips I have so far.) So if anyone's interested, I can post some of what I've been doing in that game, too; an updated standard Freakyforms should read them just fine, and I am curious if that means you get to use the parts. If anyone's got questions about it, I'm willing to answer, too.

jgkspsx

Pretty much... is there actual gameplay in Deluxe? The creation part of the original was extremely entertaining, but the challenges themselves were... not.

zigg

Pretty much... is there actual gameplay in Deluxe? The creation part of the original was extremely entertaining, but the challenges themselves were... not.
The quests are pretty much, if not entirely, the same as they were in the original. Dungeons are orthogonal to wandering around and completing quests; you start out in an area, find the dungeon entrance, and go in, and your clock disappears and now you're in dungeon mode—clearing a dungeon or being defeated will end your session with that Formee.

The dungeons are light platforming affairs navigated essentially the same way you navigated the quest areas (though I did notice flight power has been severely curtailed), but your goal instead of "wander and talk to people" is to clear each room and defeat the other Formees that will drop out of the ceiling, chase you, etc. Battles are completely automatic affairs unless I'm missing something, and each defeat nets you cash and a stat upgrade.

Eating food restores HP. There are prize machines you can buy random items from for 1,000 coins a shot, like random (usually really good) upgrades or a full-HP snack. Other elements include hidden walls, colored gems to unlock colored doors, and breakable walls that drop food and upgrades.

What you get from all this is special powers that you can equip on a Formee either at creation time or in the menus (you can't switch them in dungeons); he'll use it in future battles. Seems to be a lot of them; I've seen a handful thus far.

Koomaster

Loved the first game, didn't know this was out already.

Are the dungeons linear or are there branching paths in them? Do old freaky forms travel over to the new game, or can they with QR codes?

zigg

Are the dungeons linear or are there branching paths in them? Do old freaky forms travel over to the new game, or can they with QR codes?
Your path between the levels is linear (so far). Each self-contained level is sort of a light puzzle-platformer area; you're not required to go straight from A to B and, in fact, there are some hidden areas here and there that make exploring worthwhile. Don't go in expecting your brain to be strained or anything though.

Old Formees won't automatically make the trip, but you can import them (or anyone else's Formee) directly off your SD if you have their QR codes saved there. They go into Guests like a normal QR scan.

It does StreetPass with old Freakyforms, too, FWIW.

zigg

Hey, anyone who happened to have subscribed to this thread.

Sign in to Miiverse on your computer and head over to the Freakyforms Deluxe community. A number of people are (probably painfully slowly) posting QR codes in there as screenshots. 😊

Top Bottom