• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

**Free Game Giveaway - Helping Libby the Cat [FUNDED!]**

DVCY201

Wait, so if I want Super Metroid I just comment in? And then it's like a raffle? Okay then, I'm in!

Are donations closed? Is Libby okay Post-Op?

Spike

I hope Libby is doing okay. I'll be donating by the end of the week.

May I please be entered in the Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World drawings?

TEJ

I hope Libby is doing okay. I'll be donating by the end of the week.

May I please be entered in the Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World drawings?

By Mario Kart 8 you mean Mario Kart 8 promo game? I don't get why people think I am giving away MK8.

maxcriden

Wait, so if I want Super Metroid I just comment in? And then it's like a raffle? Okay then, I'm in!

Are donations closed? Is Libby okay Post-Op?

No, donations are still open to pay for the surgery. As far as I last heard recovery is okay so far. I'll have an update soon. If you want Super Metroid for Wii U, yes, your comment got you in.

By Mario Kart 8 you mean Mario Kart 8 promo game? I don't get why people think I am giving away MK8.

Yeah I need to make this clearer somehow. I'd thought it was clear.

I get in just by posting? If so, I would love to win super metroid or the mario kart promo game

Yep, you're in!

maxcriden

Apologies for the double post, but there is finally an update!

Libby is doing really well today. Stephanie took off her collar for awhile to let her "breathe" again. She usually licks at her stitches when Stephanie does that, but this time she just went and curled up under a blanket and went to sleep instead! We have NEVER seen her do that before! She goes back to the vet tomorrow and it will (hopefully) be the last time we have to take her for awhile. I can't express my sincere thanks and gratitude to the gaming community for their positive thoughts, contributions, and kind words! Thanks to everyone's generosity...we are up to $585.33 between Paypal and the GoFundMe page! More than halfway there! You guys have no idea how much we appreciate everything that's been done! From the money donations, to the game donations, to maxcriden for making the thread(s)...you guys mean the world to us and thanks again very, VERY much!

P.S. We are going to start up a Facebook page for Libby so we can post more photos of her (and her brothers, haha) and I want to type up our backstory a bit so anyone who would like to know a little more about her are more than welcome to do so! As soon as we get it started (which will hopefully be tonight) I'll send it to over to Max and he can post it!

Smellycat

Humble Bundle 8 please
3AQmK.gif

edit: glad the cat is doing well

Griss

Good news about the cat. I'm pretty unsentimental about most things, but I grew up next door to a vet's and had a golden retriever for 16 years, so I know how it is with pets. I certainly have some stories due to the amount of mad/loveable animals next door, but this thread isn't the place. Wishing you and Libby all the best.

I suppose I'll put my name down for the Mario Kart bonus game.

maxcriden

Humble Bundle 8 please
3AQmK.gif

edit: glad the cat is doing well

I'll PM it right now. Fitting username.

Good news about the cat. I'm pretty unsentimental about most things, but I grew up next door to a vet's and had a golden retriever for 16 years, so I know how it is with pets. I certainly have some stories due to the amount of mad/loveable animals next door, but this thread isn't the place. Wishing you and Libby all the best.

I suppose I'll put my name down for the Mario Kart bonus game.

On the contrary, this thread could use more cat stories and pics! Here's one of my own cat, Eli:

11490310434_2d6f56b7ef_z_d.jpg

maxcriden

BTW, the combined donation total is now over $580!!! We're over halfway there! Thanks guys! I know James, his wife Stephanie, and Libby herself are immensely appreciative!

I'll take anything Nintendo. Pokemon, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, or MK8's promo. Preferably the latst one. And I'm on mobile right now, but I'll look into donating when I get home. Best of luck to all of you, and thanks for doing this little giveaway to raise awareness. Very cool of you.

Edit: I'll take WWHD if I win, for clarification. Thanks again.

SSWerwolf777

Neo Member
Had to change my entry due to idiocy on my part.

Still looking for some more movie codes to throw in the pool.. let's get a big dumb raffle going n keep this cat on the front page ya?

Also..
Aku-tenshi
tumblr_n608vz16GJ1tcpomzo3_500.jpg

Loki
tumblr_n608vz16GJ1tcpomzo6_1280.jpg

And bc dogs are better.. Lei-fang
tumblr_n608vz16GJ1tcpomzo1_1280.jpg

Cth

I'd really like Pokemon Y!

Hey maxcriden, I just sent you another PM with a Titanfall Expedition to give away. Hope it helps :)

I'd like Titanfall Expedition!

I just remembered I lost two ferrets to lymphoma/cancer a few years back. I remember getting a similar bill, and even though things didn't end so well for Mia and Maxi, it was worth it to have that extra time together. I'm so glad things have turned out better for Libby and looking forward to seeing future updates.

It was difficult to watch, and one of the hardest things I had to do, so glad you guys didn't have to be put in that position. Best wishes for continued recovery!

Dicer

Banned
Super Mario U please, I have Luigi U but my Mario went to my sons house so he could play it.

Excellent cause and contest, thanks to all.

Pikma

Banned
I really want to help, but unfortunately my pockets are completely empty until next week, so I was thinking about ways of helping out, and I have two, is it ok if I donate a Super Metroid code for WiiU?

And the other alternative, well I guess I'll need to PM someone (the OP I guess?) to see how it could work

maxcriden

Update 5/23

We took Libby to the vet today for a quick check up and while they said her stitches looked good, they still want us to bring her back to make sure her stitches stopped draining. If they aren't they have to give her a long term shot and I'm assuming it'll just be a couple days and she can finally take off her cone and return to normal!

maxcriden

I'd like some VVVVV action, yo.
That game looks hyper swag.

Check your PMs!

I'd like Titanfall Expedition!

I just remembered I lost two ferrets to lymphoma/cancer a few years back. I remember getting a similar bill, and even though things didn't end so well for Mia and Maxi, it was worth it to have that extra time together. I'm so glad things have turned out better for Libby and looking forward to seeing future updates.

It was difficult to watch, and one of the hardest things I had to do, so glad you guys didn't have to be put in that position. Best wishes for continued recovery!

I didn't officially put this one up yet, but, what the heck, I'll send it to you!

VVVVVV please (darn, late). Also I want Pokemon!

I have 67 dollars on my account currently so I'll glady help Libby!

Actually TMK, you're in luck, as we were just given another copy to donate. When I get the code I'll send it along.

maxcriden

New Humble Bundle giveaways!

Wyv and Keep (think this is a Desura Key if I remember correctly)
Giana Sisters
The Swapper
Puzzle Bots
VVVVVV (won by the Magical Kitsune)
Thomas Was Alone
Psychonauts

Have at it!

Top Bottom