• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free to Play Halo Online (Saber, H3 eng) announced, only for Russia [First Info]

Compsiox

Banned
Really hoping for a weapon toggle in one of these launchers/patches these modders have been working on. Any current way to hide weapons?

To further answer your question you can take off the HUD and then get a skull and drop it. You will then be a camera.

Compsiox

Banned
NO HUD/ WEAPONS:

B05FE5A8E75654C8A9DD3FE32D188372B09D0AF8

493478F4DECE4C631328B68C8704DEE2C285BC9D

55C1111E0CE2E4CC49339141001DFE6AFABB8A5F

Outside of map:

legacyzero

Banned
This seems like piracy to me. f2p or not. You arent even supposed to have this game and yet everyone here is hoping for online play.
Oh, the money Microsoft will miss out on with all these folks "pirating" this free to play game. We should not allow people to import games, or use VPNs to unlock games on Steam early either, Ya know? Go the whole distance?

Compsiox

Banned
Oh, the money Microsoft will miss out on with all these folks "pirating" this free to play game. We should not allow people to import games, or use VPNs to unlock games on Steam early. Ya know? Go the whole distance?

And if you do, you should get banned permanently from the internet!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

*boner* Is this a new for Halo: Online/PC version thing? Because if so, WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG, 343? I've been waiting years for this map to come back. ;____;

Why can't this release in the US and soon, I'd be all over a 24/7 Turf server.

Compsiox

Banned
i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

*boner* Is this a new for Halo: Online/PC version thing? Because if so, WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG, 343? I've been waiting years for this map to come back. ;____;

Why can't this release in the US and soon, I'd be all over a 24/7 Turf server.

Dude try looking around. The files leaked and people have been modding the fuck out of for two days. You can get it right now.

TheSeks

Dude try looking around. The files leaked and people have been modding the fuck out of for two days. You can get it right now.

Yeah, but you can't play it online. Which really kills the fun-factor for me. For me, I've been waiting for a Turf remake on Halo for years and wanting to play it since Halo 2 X-box Live shut down and Halo 2 PC's GfWL functions are also shutting down.

Compsiox

Banned
Yeah, but you can't play it online. Which really kills the fun-factor for me. For me, I've been waiting for a Turf remake on Halo for years and wanting to play it since Halo 2 X-box Live shut down and Halo 2 PC's GfWL functions are also shutting down.

The modded server support will be here in a week at the rate the modders are working.

Funny how people are just gonna take the f2p game and mod the shit out of it. I assume and hope at some point someone will be able to host multiplayer.

MS could've had actual sales but... Ah well.

Compsiox

Banned
Funny how people are just gonna take the f2p game and mod the shit out of it. I assume and hope at some point someone will be able to host multiplayer.

MS could've had actual sales but... Ah well.

If the modders keep working this hard it will be here in a week 2 tops.

iFirez

So, I loaded up the game at 3840x2160 and it runs flawlessly at 60fps... but that is just me alone. Anyway, I took some cinematic screenshots of the four 'new' maps you can find the full collection of large images here - http://imgur.com/a/EKlDx

1080p downsampled screenshots/panoramics

Enjoy :) Again just click here to see the full album of massive (3840x2160) images I took. Game feels like a hybrid of Halo 3 and Halo 4, visually and gameplay wise.

I would tell you but I'm in bed. If no one else tells you I'll take a screenshot tomorrow
Thank you kindly.
So, I loaded up the game at 3840x2160 and it runs flawlessly at 60fps... but that is just me alone. Anyway, I took some cinematic screenshots of the four 'new' maps you can find the full collection of large images here - http://imgur.com/a/EKlDx

Enjoy :) Again just click here to see the full album of massive (3840x2160) images I took. Game feels like a hybrid of Halo 3 and Halo 4, visually and gameplay wise.
This hurts my soul, would be nice to get the MCC proper.

TheSeks

Microsoft dun fucked up.

Shit leaked and modders already about to add multiplayer to it im crine

The best way of getting ahead of this is just releasing the Alpha to EVERYONE in all regions instead of doing it in Russia. Boom, instant multitudes of people willing to play the "legit" version over a private server hacked one.

Compsiox

Banned
The best way of getting ahead of this is just releasing the Alpha to EVERYONE in all regions instead of doing it in Russia. Boom, instant multitudes of people willing to play the "legit" version over a private server hacked one.

No. The legit version has microtransactions. No one wants that.

Item Box

No. The legit version has microtransactions. No one wants that.

It's probably going to get shut down real quick then. I wouldn't mind the actual thing being released worldwide if the cash shop isn't bullshit. And it probably will be, so it's a lose/lose situation.

Remark

Banned
It's probably going to get shut down real quick then. I wouldn't mind the actual thing being released worldwide if the cash shop isn't bullshit. And it probably will be, so it's a lose/lose situation.
if this ends up being released even if it does get shut down its already gonna be moving around the internet. microsoft better do it now lel

Compsiox

Banned

It we get all the maps before it shuts down would it really matter? It's not like Microsoft would release a Windows update to render illegitimate copies useless.

Edit: watch them release a Windows update

Snorlocs

Quick question. Isn't downloading the leaked version of the game then modifying said leaked game and redistributing it a form of piracy? Illegal reproduction and all that? Genuinely curious

Snorlocs

It's free. So no.

Well probably yeah.

lol. to the guy saying no because it's free, you are still taking files that you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to take, modify those files in a way that you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to then distribute them which, again, you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to do. This screams piracy to me.

Compsiox

Banned
lol. to the guy saying no because it's free, you are still taking files that you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to take, modify those files in a way that you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to then distribute them which, again, you were OBVIOUSLY not supposed to do. This screams piracy to me.

The files were gathered legally. They had a link on the official site. I see no problem. Modifying isn't what pirating means either.

Looks like people really do NOT want Halo Online in the west.
Sigh.

I do not think the gameplay of Halo Online, given all the f2p shenanigans, sprint, and bloom, will be very good. But if people extract the data and make a halo 3-like game out of it, that would be cool. That is the extent of my excitement beyond the usual technical interest in a game.

MaxiLive

Woah this is crazy, anyone got a quick summary of what's possible in game yet?

Not much, you can load into maps and run around by yourself. There is some hex edits to spawn in customised guns and a few others tweaks such as removing the hud etc.

Top Bottom