• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games Giveaway (PC) - Helping DocSeuss

Man, that is an unbelievable story to hear. I've donated $20 to the cause and I hope everything turns out ok for you.

#GameRequest: Splinter Cell: Blacklist

DocSeuss

Man, that is an unbelievable story to hear. I've donated $20 to the cause and I hope everything turns out ok for you.

#GameRequest: Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I appreciate it, seriously. Donations had slowed down a bit once the arbitrary goal was reached, but I can still use all the help I can get. I'ma make sure to stay alive and be amazing; I've chosen to look at your guys' help as an investment in me, so I hope to do some awesome stuff in the future.

I appreciate it, seriously. Donations had slowed down a bit once the arbitrary goal was reached, but I can still use all the help I can get. I'ma make sure to stay alive and be amazing; I've chosen to look at your guys' help as an investment in me, so I hope to do some awesome stuff in the future.

Pleasure to be part of the contribution. As I read your story, I find it hard to believe that someone could have a grudge against you to that extent.

Jesus. Thanks to Minister of the Dog for a large batch of awesome games:

McPixel
Thomas Was Alone
Batman Arkham Origins DLC
Mirror's Edge
Orc's Must Die GOTY
Mark of the Ninja
Brütal Legend
Bastion
Limbo
Aquaria
Nightsky
Assassin's Creed IV

...Think I have to start giving away multiple a day at this rate! Y'all are too kind.

Sure thing! (That ACIV wasn't on me though)

I hope none of the keys cause any trouble. I see there are still +20 days left for the donations, so maybe keep it at 1 per day unless you get many more games? However you think it's best.

Good luck DocSeuss.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I would like Assassin's Creed IV.

Best of luck, Doc.

DocSeuss

I hope none of the keys cause any trouble. I see there are still +20 days left for the donations, so maybe keep it at 1 per day unless you get many more games? However you think it's best.

Good luck DocSeuss.

I handed off some of the keys I was planning for another giant giveaway, so there's definitely more than 20 now.

FYC

Banned
The winner of Splinter Cell Blacklist is Mman235! Congratulations! Check your PMs.

The winner of Nights Into Dreams is ricardo_sousa11! Don't have the key yet, but I should shortly. Keep an eye on your PMs.

The winners of Secret of the Magic Crystal are hohoxd123 and derExperte! Also waiting for the keys on this one, keep an eye on your PMs.

Oh, my bad! Edited that.

And yeah, what Doc said.

hohoXD123

The winner of Splinter Cell Blacklist is Mman235! Congratulations! Check your PMs.

The winner of Nights Into Dreams is ricardo_sousa11! Don't have the key yet, but I should shortly. Keep an eye on your PMs.

The winners of Secret of the Magic Crystal are hohoxd123 and derExperte! Also waiting for the keys on this one, keep an eye on your PMs.

Oh, my bad! Edited that.

And yeah, what Doc said.

This is the greatest moment of my life.

Mman235

Wow I won? Thanks!

I wasn't sure what to get together to donate but I'm so surprised by this that I went and donated $10 too.

FYC

Banned
Thanks again to Orayn for donating those. I PM'ed Ricardo and Hoho, but derExperte, for some reason the last copy of Magic Crystals won't let me e-mail it to myself, so I can't setup Modbot for it. Would you mind adding me on Steam so I can give it to you directly? I tried just a minute ago but you declined.

Anyways, we have even more games to give away!

System Shock 2 thanks to Dr Dogg

Nightsky and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP thanks to Rolodzeo

DocSeuss

Thanks again to Orayn for donating those. I PM'ed Ricardo and Hoho, but derExperte, for some reason the last copy of Magic Crystals won't let me e-mail it to myself, so I can't setup Modbot for it. Would you mind adding me on Steam so I can give it to you directly? I tried just a minute ago but you declined.

Anyways, we have even more games to give away!

System Shock 2 thanks to Dr Dogg

Nightsky and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP thanks to Rolodzeo

Seeing as System Shock 2 is the best game of all time, this is automatically the best thread of all time. Can't wait for someone to pick that up. I bought it day one on GoG when it hit.

hohoXD123

I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I'm pulling for ya, Seuss. You're a good dude and I hope things work out for the best.

Godofnerdiness, I don't want to enter to win anything, but I have one copy of Nights Into Dreams and TWO copies of Secret of the Magic Crystals in my Steam inventory if you want to add them as runner-up or joke prizes in addition to the main things.

Thanks for Secret of the Magic Crystals ;)

Ezalc

I just want you to get better Doc. Hope everything works out man. I have a few games I'd like to offer do I just send you the gift links Godofnediness?

Sorry about your job, Doc. Reading your story is so frustrating, I hope something good can come out of this.

I would like Brutal Legend.

Acccent

I want System Shock 2!!!
I don't even care about Doc I just want the damn game!

(kidding, in case it wasn't obvious...)

FYC

Banned
Holy smokes, thanks to mcfishstick for donating a bunch of games

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut x3
Viscera Cleanup Detail x3
Velvet Assassin x3
Unearthed
No Time To Explain
Not The Robots
Mini Motor Racing
Major Mayhem
Shattered Heaven

Antoids

Banned
i could go for

viscera cleanup detail
assassin's creed iv
deadly premonition: director's cut

Best of luck to you, Doc!

i capitalized it because that is how much i care

Dambrosi

Banned
I don't suppose Outlast is still available? Though I feel kind of shitty asking for it in this thread without giving anything in return. I guess I'll PM Godofnerdiness about that.

FYC

Banned
LIFRqp7.png

3j6xEdS.gif

Holy hell. That is fantastic. Thank you so much, everyone.

(And people are still sending me games @_@)

DocSeuss

Hey, guys, what's going on in thi--

to me, words. Help me respond to this.

Words?

D:

English language, please, I feel like I've gotta say something.

Hello?

:(

Words failed me.

So, here's what's been going on for me right now. I started experiencing a few anxiety attacks, which I haven't had in years. Fortunately, they seem to have calmed down, largely thanks to you guys. My brother's job, it turns out, won't be hiring him for the summer months, which essentially doubled what I'm going to have to pay for rent and utilities. The initial figure was a conservative estimate of just living costs. I didn't expect anyone would be this generous, so I shot for something low. I broke down the costs. It looks something like this:

$1,500 rent
$250 electricity
$150 water
$75 gas
$90 internet

By hitting $2,000, you guys have put me around there (Paypal fees have taken like ~$100 or more)! So. I get to live!

Money beyond it goes towards this list, which I've put in order of importance:

Soap and laundry stuff.
Shoes and clothes. Not anything fancy, just that all my stuff's falling apart. Holes in my shoes, soles that basically have no texture, jeans and pajamas coming apart, holes in my socks. That kind of thing.
Air filter. I need this for health reasons.
Doctor's appointment. I need one.
Gas for the car. Seems self-explanatory.
Other misc expenses.

Again: I won't be buying any games, even bundles, or games-related stuff, with any of this. No frivolousness. If I get games before I get a new job, it's because I earned them through some other means (eg surveys). Part of me kinda thinks if I get any extra beyond everything detailed above, I might pay for an Unreal sub and work on this indie game I had intended to do this summer, to see if I can get it into an Early Access/Kickstarter style state, and just do that instead of a job, but I dunno. Depends entirely on if you guys are cool with that.

I donated. I hope it helps you Doc! I'm glad GAF finally set up a donation page for you. Sorry to hear about your job loss and I really hope you pull through.

FYC

Banned
The winner of Outlast is Dambrosi! Congratulations! You should be receiving a PM from hohoXD123 shortly.

The winner of Arkham Origins DLC is kudoboi! Congratulations, check your PMs.

The winner of Mirror's Edge is wolff! Congratulations, check your PMs.

So, we got a few more games donated.

Dambrosi donated:

Gun Monkeys
Aerena - Clash of Champions

Ezalc donated

Surgeon Simulator
Puzzle Bots
VVVV
Cave Story+
Thomas Was Alone
Limbo

Rolodzeo donated

Crayon Physics Deluxe

And last, but not least, DocSeuss offered a ton of keys he had saved for a Steam thread giveaway later this year:

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Creavures
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Ravensword: Shadowlands
Defense Technica
AirBuccaneers
Face Noir
Not the Robots
Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold Episode 1
Driftmoon (Might not work)
Q.U.B.E.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
Trainz Simulator 2012
Tropico 3 Gold
Alien Spidy
Sine Mora
SkyDrift
Dollar Dash
Disciples III: Resurrection
Bridge Project
Captain Brawe
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
Call of Juarez
Lucius
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
King Arthur II
Bad Hotel
Gravity Badgers
Really Big Sky
Saturday Morning RPG
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
Skyward Collapse
To the Moon
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta
Gun Metal
A Game of Dwarves (might not work)
Warlock: Master of the Arcande (might not work)
Europa Universalis III (might not work)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

Thanks for donating y'all!

Dambrosi

Banned
OMG!!! And to think, I would have just bought Outlast myself earlier in the week
for £3.75 off GamersGate
if I'd got my ESA payment on time. I'm almost glad I didn't now! Thanks to both Godofnerdiness and hohoXD123 for the generous gift!

And a heartfelt "whoa" at DocSeuss's donation. You gotta admit - however money-poor we are, we ain't poor for games! :p

Top Bottom