• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: 'Abandoned' from Blue Box doesn't exist, Hasan misleading fans intentionally and making fake NDAs.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The building comes crashing down:

A Gamespot Exposé has new information regarding the 'Abandoned' x Silent Hill situation, basicaally it's all a scam:

Sources say Kahraman eventually admitted to the PSN group that Abandoned is not in development, but to this day maintains that a playable prologue is. As previously mentioned, the sales of that prologue are intended to fund the full game and attract investors, but the materials he's shared with the private group have only caused confusion. He would promise play tests, sometimes to even just one person in the group, but no play tests were ever actually presented. Some members had a running joke that the game should be called "Wallbandoned" because so much of what Kahraman showed them were in-game walls and nothing more. Those close to the situation question how much progress is actually being made on even the prologue.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
200.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Despite once being planned to release on PS5 in the fall of 2021, several people close to Kahraman tell GameSpot that there is no game--at least not one that is actively being worked on. The reason for that isn't as fun as it being part of some long-con Kojima ARG like fans once suspected. In reality, those close to Kahraman tell GameSpot, despite Kahraman's public claims that the game's development is coming along, he has privately admitted Abandoned is on hold and he first needs to fund its development with a playable prologue, which our sources indicate he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to create..

Whelp ... it's exactly what so many of us suspected all along.

Sympathies to people who were keeping that big thread afloat.

Tarkus98

What in the actual fuck. This dude intentionally created fake NDA’s to continue to move along his little fantasy world? Damn lol, gotta give this jackass props. Wow, my head is spinning.

0neAnd0nly

As someone who just followed the news, but doesn’t really care (SH just isn’t my game, typically)…

So everybody is focusing on him - but shouldn’t Sony be getting a bit of pushback too? I mean Sony let this thing float, promoted it even (so weird), didn’t directly answer questions regarding it.

Anybody else find that stuff strange? Not sure they are working in the fans best interest here.

Pretty obvious at this point, it was fun in the first days but has long run it's course.

He "lucked" into some viral marketing for his scam project and then didn't know what to do other than string people along.

What we learned out of this is how out of touch companies like Konami and Sony are with the community, they couldn't even bother to shoot it down when it got out of control.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
So everybody is focusing on him - but shouldn’t Sony be getting a bit of pushback too? I mean Sony let this thing float, promoted it even (so weird), didn’t directly answer questions regarding it.
Sony didn’t do anything they don’t normally do for any indie who signs up to publish their game on PSN. Not their fault Hasan is a con artist who should be in jail.

To team real...put your money where your mouth is and send Hasan your hard earned $$$ if you really believe he is working with Sony/Kojima on a Silent Hill game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Been clear as day ever since someone revealed that he’d done this with multiple other ‘projects’ in the past that never saw the light of day. Some people need their heads testing.

CosmicComet

This is as high profile a vaporware scam as Wardevil back in the day for PS3.

If yall remember that game was presented as the end all be all of tech and graphics that gen and it was meant to be a PS3 exclusive.

Turns out it was just a long winded investor scam.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

Sony didn’t do anything they don’t normally do for any indie who signs up to publish their game on PSN. Not their fault Hasan is a con artist who should be in jail.
So I hear people that defend Sony say this.

But I mean.

Allowing a game with… what is being reported as virtually zero existence pay for a blog post feature? Release an APP? Yoshida responding vaguely to messages about the game on social media. The biggest “insiders”, “journalists” and websites in gaming news covering the story. I mean, FRIGGIN BLOOMBERG ran multiple stories on it - specifically mentioning Sony in all of this, and not once did they ever … idk… hush the rumors? Put out the flames?

Respectfully, not a great look. They sort of caused the fire to spread IMO. And PlayStation is my console of choice, I don’t say this as someone who wants to see them fail or pull a “gotcha”.

Lunarorbit

So team real and team fake are both right in the end!

What a great conclusion. When he talked with Colin a few weeks ago it was mad suspect.

THE:MILKMAN

I still want to know why even after Nuare, Sony, Geoff and various media were duped by this guy, nobody has done anything about it for over a year. Not even Tweet to warn people he was fake.......Totally silent accept recently that Lance dude probably after being banished from the group!

This piece also reads like the author was deep "undercover" in these Hasan groups himself and probably in convo with that Lance guy too. It is all a pretty embarrassing episode, though.

I call bullshit on anyone that claims nothing could've been done. Sony could've pulled the Abandoned app from the store once his fakeness was established.

Also the NDA thing he had people sign....Is that walking the line of legality here? Surely he isn't in any position to be doing that?

jaysius

Banned
#TeamFake for the win!

#TeamReal and #TeamFake are both losers though because they made mountains out of mole hills, it was a huge pile of steaming NOTHING.

People over analyzing tweets and over analyzing pictures that had nothing to do with anything.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Hilarious stuff how angry both sides got about it.

What a dumb con.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Let’s be honest. Sony are to blame here too. They effectively gave this man a platform.
They featured it on the PS blog, on their youtube channel, and released a demo on PSN.
But I thought #teamfake's argument was anyone can publish anything on there as long as you have a video and go through the Indie process, etc, and Sony has nothing to do with it as far as support goes?

I mean, that was what they were going with in that mega thread... can't keep up with the usual suspects' blame games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom