• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: 'Abandoned' from Blue Box doesn't exist, Hasan misleading fans intentionally and making fake NDAs.

bitbydeath

I said it's a requirement to write one, and no indication of anyone ever paying for them.

Sony just doesn't post them all... but they post a ton of them. I swear you've never even looked at the Sony blog lol
Try search for MadiSon on the blog for example, it’s a PT inspired game coming out next month with pretty decent graphics but you won’t find anything on it there.

Or Ninja Break which is a game that just released, again 0 articles.

The blog is mostly AAA games with the occasional indie, why doesn’t everyone advertise on there? It’d make sense that the only reason is $$$.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
We are never gonna see butthole now!

Sad Anxiety GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

The real butthole is the friends we made along the way

Pelta88

IDK if that's the barometer, in general. Does Fable, Perfect Dark, etc, not exist then?

Not until I see gameplay, no.

They could CGI me to death and I still wont get hype until I see it running on console. I have a friend who was devastated by Starfield's delay. Obviously and for me, personally, I've yet to see a single second of gameplay so it was a "welp" situation for me.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have said this was all bullshit since day one. And watching his interview with Colin pretty much guaranteed it.

Griffon

Seems Hasan is the kind of kid who loves the hype and fame, but doesn't understand what it takes to actually make a game. The fact that he got so many people interested is impressive (how the fuck did he get a premiere with Sony?), but it doesn't matter if there's no game behind it.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This is the major Sony Playstation 5 exclusive title that Playstation fans has been talking about, isn’t it?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems Hasan is the kind of kid who loves the hype and fame, but doesn't understand what it takes to actually make a game. The fact that he got so many people interested is impressive (how the fuck did he get a premiere with Sony?), but it doesn't matter if there's no game behind it.

Ironically, it really should because making a game is actually easier -or at least way more predictable an enterprise- than generating the amount of hype he got from his efforts already!

Honestly, especially if this was a proper scam operation, I'd expect to see way more movement on keeping the hype alive because, if nothing else, as I've said repeatedly from a business standpoint hype alone has monetary value.

I mean seriously, if I was running this as a scam, I'd be contacting kids on game-dev courses and hobbyists to knock out concept art and assets on the cheap while I was syphoning up more funds/cutting deals with third party contractors to create *any* sort of saleable product to reap the rewards of my initial promotion. Its a complete no-brainer.

That it appears to have simply been "abandoned" seems kinda on-the-nose to me.

Varteras

Gold Member
These companies purposefully don't address rumors, because once they start, when they don't, it's as if they are confirming them.
It's also not the first time a game was announced with its own PlayStation Blog post that ended up being nothing.

I would be surprised if anyone on this forum knew about this game. Announced way back in 2014. The creator of this game was a forum goer on VGChartz who was part of the PlayStation community over there. Some of us left that forum and he created his own on his website to invite us to continue discussing things there. Away from the ridiculous moderators of that place. He informed us then that he had been working on a PS4 game. Which was this very simplistic game that he was hardly ever any closer to releasing after years of development.

Well, we very soon realized the kind of person he was. Quite the braggart and possibly an alcoholic. He started becoming woke and worried that someone like Anita Sarkeesian would see his forum and put him on blast for everything we would say on it. Which, honestly, was even less than what gets said around here. So he started deleting posts and threatened to punish people for saying anything that might get him in trouble with the woke crowd. I was one of several people who left. Now he mostly talks to himself on his own forum though there are still a handful of people there from the original group.

He is still working on that game supposedly but it has been reimagined as a type of battle royale. Keeping in mind that development on it started more than 8 years ago. He is also supposedly working on several other titles. Only one of them actually released and it was on Steam for $10. One of those trash games that just clutters the store. So, people might be surprised that Sony gave this guy any time in the light. Don't be. It's not the first time Sony used their blog to put attention on a game from an unknown and unproven developer that ultimately didn't amount to anything.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
He is a real person with a real company registered in a real countries commerce division... he's released real software too (realllly shitty) to Android and Steam.

What makes you think Sony does any more than verify the above when one of thousands of indies submits themselves to the dev program? (BTW those are the things Sony says are required on the form you submit to the dev program..)

What exactly aren't you buying? You actually think this is still Kojima or something?
Maybe when there is a huge controversy, like this game, it would be in Sonys best interest to investigate.

What I don’t buy is that Sony can’t monitor this game. That was the point of your comment. That Sony is not unable too. I don’t buy that.

bitbydeath

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont think everyone even knew or saw the posts people did here or on Reddit when a poster noticed that clunky video shown was an Unreal forest asset download. That's why the gun part looked like shit like someone tossed in PS2 quality gunplay.

Once I saw that it had scam written all over it.

The guy hyped up the game with a $40 asset pack download.

ArtHands

The studio is denying Gamespot accusation that this Playstation 5 game doesn’t exist.

"It is in development, all of this is just out of context resulted by angry fans who did not see the game, the article written by Gamespot is just based on what these angry users speculate," a studio rep said. "One of them is pretending to be an business partner.

"The Prologue will be released whenever we are ready. We are not letting speculation force us to 'prove' the game."

Kdad

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.pcgamer.com/report-the-silent-hill-like-horror-game-abandoned-is-in-disarray/[/URL]

The studio is denying Gamespot accusation that this Playstation 5 game doesn’t exv

"It is in development, all of this is just out of context resulted by angry fans who did not see the game, the article written by Gamespot is just based on what these angry users speculate," a studio rep said. "One of them is pretending to be an business partner.

"The Prologue will be released whenever we are ready. We are not letting speculation force us to 'prove' the game.

3a0.gif

See...nothing to see...full steam ahead.
#Teamreal

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
On the plus side, at least there were no pre-order pages. Just imagine if you pre-ordered it somewhere and couldnt get your money back.

Orbital2060

The way I remember it from last year was that the whole thing was made up by some crazy fans who were salty that Sony didnt have an E3 show, and doubled down on this and the Stranger to Chaos meme to try and make it a bigger thing than the Xbox showcase. This Hasan guy caught on to it after the fact and started rolling with it as people starting making all this crazy shit up. Not that hes not complicit in keeping this going but the fanbase started this not him.

ArtHands

The way I remember it from last year was that the whole thing was made up by some crazy fans who were salty that Sony didnt have an E3 show, and doubled down on this and the Stranger to Chaos meme to try and make it a bigger thing than the Xbox showcase. This Hasan guy caught on to it after the fact and started rolling with it as people starting making all this crazy shit up. Not that hes not complicit in keeping this going but the fanbase started this not him.

Yah. I figure that was what gave me the impression that this is a Playstation exclusive.

Nocturno999

Outside of a couple of hundred GAF/Twitter hardcore types, this isn’t a huge controversy. This isn’t even a minor controversy.
Hasan farts and the Silent Hill trends on Twitter.

Anyways, at this point is too naive to think that Sony and Kojima aren't involved in this.

This whole ruse stopped being interesting the moment they showed the Abandoned app first video though.

Last edited:

The studio is denying Gamespot accusation that this Playstation 5 game doesn’t exist.
What studio? There isn't even proof a studio exists. Only Hasan has been communicating with anyone. Anyone that still believes in this "game" after all this time is seriously gullible or just meming. If it was up to me, all talk of this "abandoned" would have been banned long ago. Stop giving this grifter Hasan any attention.

Last edited:

Gojiira

As someone who just followed the news, but doesn’t really care (SH just isn’t my game, typically)…

So everybody is focusing on him - but shouldn’t Sony be getting a bit of pushback too? I mean Sony let this thing float, promoted it even (so weird), didn’t directly answer questions regarding it.

Anybody else find that stuff strange? Not sure they are working in the fans best interest here.
Thats just wrong…
Sony has some system in place where Indie devs can get a slot on shows, thats all this shitshow did, get a slot, showed a trailer and got the same exposure/promotion as every other Indie dev did. So no, Sony has nothing to do with Abandoneds running trend of nonsense.

Top Bottom