• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

RoadHazard

Gold Member
MvmntInGrn said:
Yes! :D

Somewhat surprised its not 1080p (dosen't sound unreasonable for a PS2 game on PS3) but that may be since GOWIII won't run at 1080p. I'm guessing 720p 2xAA (which is what GOWIII is running at currently correct?).

Day 1.

I believe GoW III runs at 1080p. I could be very wrong, though.

toasty_T said:
I never got around to finishing GOW II so this looks like a tantalizing.

Stupid internet ruined the ending for me :(

God of War II is a game that cannot be ruined because you know the ending.

duckroll

This is great news to me. I've never played any of the God of War games aside from checking them out at a friend's place, since I've never owned a US PS2, and the JP/Asia versions of GoW1-2 were censored. Now I can play both games on my PS3 for only 40 bucks! Good deal!

spwolf

duckroll said:
This is great news to me. I've never played any of the God of War games aside from checking them out at a friend's place, since I've never owned a US PS2, and the JP/Asia versions of GoW1-2 were censored. Now I can play both games on my PS3 for only 40 bucks! Good deal!

yep... awesome.

bigcheese

Great! I only played the first one, but I was planning on playing the second one pretty soon. Now I'll just go back and play them both.

todahawk

Kittonwy said:
Absolutely not. There should be a limit on how many times a Capcom fan can buy the same fucking RE game over and over.
Indifferent2.gif

You know you'll buy it.
And it will sit on the shelf right next to your PS2, Wii and Gamecube versions.

Spike

Heh, I was just about to go and pick them up for the PS2. Lucky that I waited and can now get them for the PS3.

Sad that they couldn't find a way to get the PSP version upgraded and included in this.

Jander said:
es. yu. ar. vee. ee. why. POWER.

Wasn't the survey asking about extras to be included in a possible GoW3 LE?

This would be that much sweeter if it was part of the LE package... but then Sony wouldn't be making $40 a pop.

Majmun

lynux3 said:
So when does ICO and Shadow of the Colossus get remastered?

If this remastering becomes a trend. I guess we'll see those a few months before Trico gets released.

I sure hope so. Ico and SotC are the only other Ps2 games I'd like to see remastered...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If there's trophies for the threesome minigames, I'm in. :D

Ah hell, I wanted to try these games anyways. GJ Sony, great way to drum up the hype for God of War III: The Movie: The Revenge: Too Many Colons.

Anything else going on at the conference?

jmd494

twinturbo2 said:
Ah hell, I wanted to try these games anyways.

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. The GoW series is probably the best feeling series of games I have ever played.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Justin Dailey said:
I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. The GoW series is probably the best feeling series of games I have ever played.
That's what everyone says, I just never got around to it.

When I saw this before work, I was like "Day one! :D"

Of course, over my seven hour shift my annoying brain started overthinking things. If God of War III is supposedly 1080p, why couldn't they get a couple of ps2 ports to run at 1080p?

The only reason I could think is if they didn't feel like redrawing any of the menu or HUD assets, and they'd be absolutely tiny at 1080p.

Anywho, day one! God of War III demo, woot woot!

God of War 1 & 2 will have trophies??? Fuck. Already bought GoW1 & 2 and played through like 60% of the first one on my backwards compatible PS3. Looks like I wasted my time and money, since I'm going to have to replay 1 again and wait for that to play the second.

Hell yes! I never got to play these games, and I just got a PS3, so I'll definitely be picking this up ^.^

Wii Fit Plus you say? I wish they would've announced more, guess we gotta wait until the October conference (assuming there will be one this year). I might pick up Wii Fit Plus...but not at release.

Rhindle

Well, it will be in interesting to see what "remastered in HD" means.

Have they redone all the asset in the game? That would be a pretty expensive exercise. But anything less than that would not be very appetizing.

-PXG-

Apparently, some people who worked on SFIV are working on the US version of TvC. They're making sure it's nice and polished.

I have the JP version, and I noticed that it does look (visually) unfinished. Plus, the game is unbalanced as hell (Karas, Ryu and Chun-Li are beast), there is not online mode and there are frequent frame drops.

I really hope this does well, so Sony takes note and can do a Ico/SoTC repackage, both running at 60FPS and 720p, right before The Last Guardian comes out. I've played both games, and I would gladly buy them again.

soldat7 said:
We're part of a very small minority, I'm afraid. ;)

I agree that the first GoW have better story than GoW2. in terms of gameplay though, GoW2 is a natural evolution of GoW1, so it's no wonder it has a much better gameplay.

-PXG-

New SFIV TE sticks.

Markman posted one earlier. One is white and pink and has the ladies of SFVI on it.

EDIT

Yep. There is one with ladies, and another one with the dudes (Zangief and Guile are the most notable ones/ if not, the only ones)

Justin Dailey said:
So glad I'll get to replay GoW I...which is vastly superior to GoW II in my opinion.
I prefer II myself, due to hating the "serious" story in the first, but I can see why the reverse might be someone's preference. The first game is more idiosyncratic, more experimental, and strives for more psychological intensity. The second game is an iterated, smoother version with more self-aware excess than attempts at real emotion.

Rhindle said:
Well, it will be in interesting to see what "remastered in HD" means.

Have they redone all the asset in the game? That would be a pretty expensive exercise. But anything less than that would not be very appetizing.
We already know they haven't redone the assets, by omission of any such mention in the PR. But I disagree about the value in that case. Both games run at sub-SD resolutions with tons of dropped frames and tearing on the PS2. Simply getting them to render in HD with no tearing would be a huge improvement. The added AA will help balance the possible disadvantage of blown-up jaggies, too. Maybe if you already own and have beaten the games none of this is enough to encourage a second dip, but if not this is quite a big deal.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Oni Jazar said:
I don't know why Sony doesn't do more Blu-ray compliations like this. When CDs first launched on PC there were a bunch of games compiled into CD because of the incrased space. When DVDs first came out it was the same thing. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have all the old Silent Hills on one Blu-ray? All the old Metal Gears? Every Jak & Daxter? It would be a no brainer IMO.
Baffling, I agree 100%.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This is awesome, I've always wanted to purchase God of War on PS2 but never got around to them, glad to play them again on PS3! :D

Darkpen

Banned
The moment I saw the PS Blog RSS entry for this release, I immediately thought of this:

8305_final_fantasy_anniversary_collection-v2-orig.png

Are you paying attention, Konami? Square-Enix? I want my HD MGS3, 60FPS ZoE2, and HD FFXII, dammit!

I will definitely be picking this up, though! :D

Top Bottom