• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

rvy

Banned
Fyodor Dostoevsky said:
ZoE2 is already 60fps...do you guys know what these terms mean or does it just look nice to say "SOTC HD 60FPS 1080p BBQ"
I think they mean 60fps at all times, not with framerate dips. :lol

Someone please make a post in the GD!

Nintendo announces:

Link: www.press.nintendo.com/ (Media Only)

if you are on nintendo's email feed from media you have already received this email

"

Nintendo Unveils Wii Fit Plus Launch Date and New Colors of Nintendo DSi, Wii Remote

Announcements Give Consumers New Options
NOTE: Multimedia available here

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo today announced that the new Wii Fit™ Plus game will launch in North America on Oct. 4, and also revealed new colors for its popular Nintendo DSi™ system and for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers and Wii MotionPlus™ accessory. Starting Sept. 13, Nintendo DSi will be available in White and Pink, joining the Blue and Black versions already on the market. Additionally, this holiday season, Nintendo will release a new Black version of the Wii Remote bundled with a Black version of the Wii MotionPlus accessory, which brings precise motion control to games that have been designed for it. A Black version of the Nunchuk controller also will be available for the holidays.

Nintendo of America President & COO Reggie Fils-Aime made these announcements in his keynote address at the 2009 GameStop Manager Conference.

“All of these announcements bring more options and more choices to consumers as our industry heads into its busiest time of the year,” Fils-Aime said. “Each of these products allows consumers to enjoy a more personal gaming experience, no matter how they choose to play.”

Here are the details of today’s announcements:

* Wii Fit Plus: This enhanced version of the top-selling game offers a range of new features, along with new exercises, yoga activities and balance games designed to keep workouts fun. For the first time, users can customize their workouts to target specific areas of their bodies or to fill specific intervals of time. Wii Fit Plus will replace the current Wii Fit™ configuration at retail, and will be bundled with the Wii Balance Board™ accessory at a suggested retail price of $99.99. For people who currently own Wii Fit and want to add the expanded options to their fitness regimen, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available on its own at a suggested retail price of $19.99.
* White and Pink Nintendo DSi colors: The two new colors give consumers even more options to personalize their experiences. All models of the Nintendo DSi hardware come with two cameras and interactive options to let users create and manipulate pictures or sound in fun and creative ways. All versions of Nintendo DSi are available at a suggested retail price of $169.99.
* Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus Black bundle: The Black bundle is the first new color for the Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus.
* Black Nunchuk: The Black Nunchuk will be available as a standalone purchase.

Remember that the Wii™ console features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about Nintendo products, visit www.Nintendo.com.

"

My Site:

www.youtube.com/foxmccloudds

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darkpen said:
The moment I saw the PS Blog RSS entry for this release, I immediately thought of this:

8305_final_fantasy_anniversary_collection-v2-orig.png

Are you paying attention, Konami? Square-Enix? I want my HD MGS3, 60FPS ZoE2, and HD FFXII, dammit!

I will definitely be picking this up, though! :D

Shiiiiiiiiit. I'd buy 10.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kagari said:
Shiiiiiiiiit. I'd buy 10.
Good to hear, since to maximize profits, its going to be a 10 part collection, with each disk as its own retail package! You will have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12, all remade in ether brilant 2D or 3D, depending on how the orignal was, with full VA to boot. Its going to be fantastic I tell you.

FoxMcCloudDS said:

Nintendo announces:

if you are on nintendo's email feed from media you have already received this email

"

Nintendo Unveils Wii Fit Plus Launch Date and New Colors of Nintendo DSi, Wii Remote

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo today announced that the new Wii Fit™ Plus game will launch in North America on Oct. 4, and also revealed new colors for its popular Nintendo DSi™ system and for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers and Wii MotionPlus™ accessory. Starting Sept. 13, Nintendo DSi will be available in White and Pink, joining the Blue and Black versions already on the market. Additionally, this holiday season, Nintendo will release a new Black version of the Wii Remote bundled with a Black version of the Wii MotionPlus accessory, which brings precise motion control to games that have been designed for it. A Black version of the Nunchuk controller also will be available for the holidays.

Nintendo of America President & COO Reggie Fils-Aime made these announcements in his keynote address at the 2009 GameStop Manager Conference.

“All of these announcements bring more options and more choices to consumers as our industry heads into its busiest time of the year,” Fils-Aime said. “Each of these products allows consumers to enjoy a more personal gaming experience, no matter how they choose to play.”

* Wii Fit Plus: This enhanced version of the top-selling game offers a range of new features, along with new exercises, yoga activities and balance games designed to keep workouts fun. For the first time, users can customize their workouts to target specific areas of their bodies or to fill specific intervals of time. Wii Fit Plus will replace the current Wii Fit™ configuration at retail, and will be bundled with the Wii Balance Board™ accessory at a suggested retail price of $99.99. For people who currently own Wii Fit and want to add the expanded options to their fitness regimen, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available on its own at a suggested retail price of $19.99.
* White and Pink Nintendo DSi colors: The two new colors give consumers even more options to personalize their experiences. All models of the Nintendo DSi hardware come with two cameras and interactive options to let users create and manipulate pictures or sound in fun and creative ways. All versions of Nintendo DSi are available at a suggested retail price of $169.99.
* Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus Black bundle: The Black bundle is the first new color for the Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus.

Remember that the Wii™ console features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about Nintendo products, visit www.Nintendo.com.

"

My Site:

Can someone please make a nintendo thread.... Let it be heard! Im too new on this site :p

RBH

Kind of odd that Nintendo would announce black versions of the Wii Remote, Nunchuck, and Motion+ before announcing the actual black Wii system in the U.S.

RBH said:
Kind of odd that Nintendo would announce black versions of the Wii Remote, Nunchuck, and Motion+ before announcing the actual black Wii system in the U.S.

I know! They said they have no plans on that, or on a VC for DSi... where is nintendo these days! lol

Darkpen said:
The moment I saw the PS Blog RSS entry for this release, I immediately thought of this:

Are you paying attention, Konami? Square-Enix? I want my HD MGS3, 60FPS ZoE2, and HD FFXII, dammit!

I will definitely be picking this up, though! :D
Final Fantasy One in 1080p 60fps. =3

Spike

FoxMcCloudDS said:

Nintendo announces:

"

"

My Site:

Black wiimote, nunchuck, and WM+, yet no black console. :lol

Hy_

Will not double dip.

Thanks to your feedback, we are excited to announce the God of War Collection for this Holiday Season. Now fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic journey of God of War and God of War II in 720p HD form. Both titles have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience, only on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring the PlayStation Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the very first time.

...oh f u sony.

iratA

OMG I'm all over this and I already own these on PS2. I'm giddy like a little school girl right now. Oh and GAF'ers can thank me if they want because I was one of the people who made this happen. Yeah I participated in that survey indicating that I wanted this.

Sony take a bow.

Darkpen

Banned
Fyodor Dostoevsky said:
ZoE2 is already 60fps...do you guys know what these terms mean or does it just look nice to say "SOTC HD 60FPS 1080p BBQ"
So I take it you've never beaten ZoE2.

Yoboman

Hopefully they throw in some nice graphical improvements. Maybe use the cutscene quality Kratos ingame for a higher poly count. Throw in some relatively easy lighting improvements (HDR)... Not expecting an overhaul, but just a push to HD and anti-aliasing will be a little disappointing.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I never played GOW1, just GOW2. I took a break from gaming when GOW1 came out, too much going on at work. So it will be great to play through GOW1 in HD.

Just when I thought I knew the line-up for this fall...

They would be smart to include a demo for GOW3 on the disc as well. Fingers crossed. Even would be cool as a bonus for finishing the games to provide extra incentive. Though maybe that'd piss a lot of people off, I don't know.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Yoboman said:
Hopefully they throw in some nice graphical improvements. Maybe use the cutscene quality Kratos ingame for a higher poly count. Throw in some relatively easy lighting improvements (HDR)... Not expecting an overhaul, but just a push to HD and anti-aliasing will be a little disappointing.

Considering the turn-around, I really doubt you are going to see the improvements you are hoping for. Unless they are outsourcing this, they also have their hands full with GOW3. As soon as you add more features it has to go through so much more testing to make sure that nothing has broken. A port to HD with AA would not require nearly as much testing.

Colasante

Thunderbear said:
I never played GOW1, just GOW2. I took a break from gaming when GOW1 came out, too much going on at work. So it will be great to play through GOW1 in HD.

Just when I thought I knew the line-up for this fall...

They would be smart to include a demo for GOW3 on the disc as well. Fingers crossed. Even would be cool as a bonus for finishing the games to provide extra incentive. Though maybe that'd piss a lot of people off, I don't know.

The original God of War definitely has a lot of fun extras that can be unlocked with New Game Plus, including a Cow Suit. That should be incentive enough to beat the game.

Alternate

Neo Member
MARCH 2010? GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

Very much want this. Now it gets me wondering though:

Is this only playable on the PS3 because they're remastering the (as in, recoding, rebuilding) the game to work on the new Cell architecture, or is it because they have found (gasp) a way to make the PS3 do decent PS2 emulation (I guess in certain cases)?

Seems like the former, rather than the latter, although I suppose while one of my dreams have come true...

jorma

is now taking requests
Awesome, never played either game before and i really hoped this rumour was true, and with trophy support to boot, well Sony really delivered.

So when does this holiday season thingy start? I want it now!

I dread the Trophies for GOW1. Unless they make some updates it'll be Challenge of the Gods with no savepoints, Pillars of Hades, fucking pushing that fucking dude in the cage up that fucking hill for half an hour. Mark me down for Platinuming GOW2, but I'm not even trying the first game:lol

grumble

I hope that people buy the shit out of this compilation, so that companies will start remastering and re-releasing all their PS2 games in HD PS3 goodness. There are a lot of games that I would buy this way. Be a good marketing advantage for them, too.

I hope we europeans get a chance to play GoW1 uncensored now.
In the original european release the guy in the cage was changed in a zombie in a cage.
Not quite the same...

Takuan

KeeperofPhazon said:
Here's hoping that Shadow of the Colossus and Ico receive similar treatment upon the release of the last guardian.
YES.

Shadow of the Colossus with texture smoothing & AA, locked at 30 FPS would be fantastic. 60 FPS would be icing on the cake.

Kagari said:
Keep dreaming.

I doubt it too, but I can at least imagine Square Enix keeping an eye on how this will perform. It could serve as a barometer for future re-releases of classic titles, such as the Team Ico games and past PS1 and PS2 classics.

Me? I'll happily take a Chrono Trigger 720p re-release, please. :D

Alternate said:

March what? This is coming out this year! This is not the GOW III thread.

I still can't believe they're going to release this, it will be sooo mine. Now get to work on Shadow of the Colossus HD, please :D

Goldrusher

Alternate said:

Very much want this. Now it gets me wondering though:

Is this only playable on the PS3 because they're remastering the (as in, recoding, rebuilding) the game to work on the new Cell architecture, or is it because they have found (gasp) a way to make the PS3 do decent PS2 emulation (I guess in certain cases)?

Seems like the former, rather than the latter, although I suppose while one of my dreams have come true...
Is playstation.com blocked for you ?

Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution.

Althoran

Wow this is soo great. Now I can play 1 and 2 again before GOW 3 is coming.

This is a fantastic idea.
Now someone start on Ico + SotC ports for PS3 so I can play them before Last Guardian comes out.

freitax said:
Still, gow has some good textures, great lighting and good models, the hd bump and AA will sure make it look great and we still don't know if they will put new textures or new models, also the ps2 wasn't the n64 so I will love the hd jump, I know this because I love to see it in my pc monitor:D
200 pages later I say...

How many people here that are totally pumped are honestly in the same situation as you though? I imagine tons of people still have their PS2's and GoW discs around :p

Not saying this isn't sweet, Im just surprised this MANY people are shitting their pants!

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm new to the GoW franchise, so this is a nice surprise for someone like me who wants to catch up on the storyline etc.

AniHawk

CrankyJay said:
I'm new to the GoW franchise, so this is a nice surprise for someone like me who wants to catch up on the storyline etc.

Yeah, playing this for the storyline isn't the best of plans.

IrishNinja

Moobabe said:
Is this an official art book or something from a magazine? If it's the former where can I get it?

i gotta double check, but it looks like the art book, i wanna say i got mine on play asia and it wasnt much at all.

sun-drop

man ..who is behind all these moves at sony recently? talk about timing ...

if they get GT5 out this year it'll be another masterstroke .... talk about being patent and lineing up yr ducks ..

you'd think MS would's done this for the halo series ... maybe rerelease halo3 in HD this time :p

but seriously if sony start tapping the ps2 stable of classics and give them the same treatment ... dam. but put them on PSN ...even in HD these things can't be filling up much of a bluray ..

TheExodu5

Banned
AniHawk said:
Yeah, playing this for the storyline isn't the best of plans.

The story's not bad. The characters and dialogue are shit, but the story's decent. The end of GoW2 is awesome.

The story in GoW is head and shoulders above other action games, at least.

sun-drop said:
man ..who is behind all these moves at sony recently? talk about timing ...

I know, it's crazy. I did not expect a $299 Slim (expected another $399 deal like when we got the 80GB Motorstorm bundle). I did not expect this. I did not expect them to make ads that were worth shit. After so many years of blunders, it's surprising to see them do so much right in such a sort span of time.

Top Bottom