• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

Didn't back personally (no offense, I just rarely do), but I tweeted it out to 500 or so followers so hopefully it will reach a few people who are interested.

Jobbs

Banned
Ahhh, just ten more thousand till the Wii U Stretch Goals!!!

With just two more hours, I don't think we can make it.

frighteningly enough, I think we can make it. It's early to say it for sure, but if this pace maintains, then yeah.

the brown lining here about hitting 60k at the last minute -- DO NOT mistake this for complaining -- but we won't have time to offset the cost of keys through bundle tiers and and wii u specific backers. So the cost of the wii u keys ($4.50 each cost to us) could hit us a bit.

Now, do not get me wrong, this is a nice problem to have. I'm going to be fine either way. It's just the brown lining. :)

I'm toying around with possible ideas that work for all parties involved. we'll see.

Even if the Wii U stretch goal won't be met, people can still pledge more money over paypal. If it adds up a Wii U version might be possible later down the line.

Said I would back it if the total started scratching close to the Wii U stretch goal. Over 50k sounds close enough to me. ;)

KchPDTr.jpg

Godspeed Jobbs! I know you're not making any guarantees you can't hold to, but remember us Wii U owners as you toil away on the labyrinth depths of Ghost Song.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
First Gaffer to donate $5 gets one of my bundle tier copies. PM me a screenshot and we'll work through it. Be honest! I'll probably ask for the email confirmation to be forwarded as well.

J-Tier

Tweeted to a couple guys that are related to video games with tons of followers. Ask some of the peeps you follow for a shoutout!

heh, backed it hoping for the WiiU version and it looks like that won't happen. Now I'm backing a game I wont play.
I could be a dick a remove my funding, but my mother taught me better than that.

Shame on everyone else not helping it get to the WiiU goal! :(

frighteningly enough, I think we can make it. It's early to say it for sure, but if this pace maintains, then yeah.

the brown lining here about hitting 60k at the last minute -- DO NOT mistake this for complaining -- but we won't have time to offset the cost of keys through bundle tiers and and wii u specific backers. So the cost of the wii u keys ($4.50 each cost to us) could hit us a bit.

Now, do not get me wrong, this is a nice problem to have. I'm going to be fine either way. It's just the brown lining. :)

I'm toying around with possible ideas that work for all parties involved. we'll see.
Now we aren't even at the goal yet, but lets just say we hit the Wii U strecth goal. As of now, none of the pledges mentions the Wii U keys, so wouldn't that mean you could place the Wii U keys at the pledge where it wont screw you over (could be Bundle Tier/etc).
What I mean is once the dust has settled, it probably wont be that much of a problem. Honestly, I'm all for double dipping if/when it releases on Wii U, even If I happened to get a code from my pledge.

heh, backed it hoping for the WiiU version and it looks like that won't happen. Now I'm backing a game I wont play.
I could be a dick a remove my funding, but my mother taught me better than that.

Shame on everyone else not helping it get to the WiiU goal! :(
It's not over yet. And it's been mentioned before, even if the Wii U goal isn't met at kickstarter doesn't mean that a Wii U port wont come to frution. It's just wont be a promise via kickstarter.

TDLink

They way I see it is that the kickstarter tiers promise a PC version. They say nothing about a Wii U version. So if a Wii U version is funded I expect to pay for the game again to play it on that platform. Maybe not everyone sees it that way, or maybe you don't see it that way. Just saying, technically you haven't promised anyone Wii U keys even if the game does come to that platform.

A double dip discount for backers would be nice though, I'm not going to lie!

Fireblend

Banned
Well, I'm happy that it made it into the 50k range, and know that all of that surplus money contributes to the Wii U version even if Jobbs is unable to guarantee it. Congrats Jobbs, you and your project deserve every cent you'll get.

I bet from here on out you'll get tons of opportunities to get the game the recognition and exposition it deserves :)

The way Sony has been snatching up indies left and right for PS4 and Vita, have they had any interest in Ghost Song, Jobbs?

I knew it's Unity and Wii U, etc., but just curious.

Madn

First Gaffer to donate $5 gets one of my bundle tier copies. PM me a screenshot and we'll work through it. Be honest! I'll probably ask for the email confirmation to be forwarded as well.

I'm probably going to sound greedy but I'm interested..

TDLink

as I keep saying, don't worry so much, it's going to be totally cool either way. ;) we're golden now!

see this post for my official thoughts on the wii u matter.

Yeah I got the backer e-mail alert for that update earlier today. I just want to be hyped until the end. The last hours of a kickstarter are exciting. I am extremely happy for you and this project that it has all gone the way it has.

GulAtiCa

Really looks like an awesome game. I really hope it can eventually come to Wii U some day. Sadly I am unable to pledge anything at the moment do to finances. :(

But if it comes to Wii U I'll buy it day 1. :) Heck even on just PC or w/e I might get it anyways, cause it really looks amazing.

Jobbs

Banned
Really looks like an awesome game. I really hope it can eventually come to Wii U some day. Sadly I am unable to pledge anything at the moment do to finances. :(

But if it comes to Wii U I'll buy it day 1. :) Heck even on just PC or w/e I might get it anyways, cause it really looks amazing.

I loooove my wii u and would also love to play it on there. I think this version has a decent chance of happening either way.

and no worries, I recognize that not everyone can afford it -- Believe me, I know what it's like to not be able to afford things -- And that's fine. Maybe you'll buy it when it comes out. :D edit: I see you said you'd buy it when it comes out. right on!

Pledged for the Game Tier. Looks like it will probably get to about $53-55K. I hope to see it on Wii U like quite a few others, so I'll be sure to go for it if/when it gets there, but in the meantime, as long as the project is completed in the end, I'll be content.

Good luck and congrats on funding!

Top Bottom