• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

While Stardew Valley is on my top 10 of the year, I really don't see it as a fun group stream. But let's see how that goes.

Xater

I just got around to listening to the podcast with Paul Barnett and it's brilliant. Now I want to hear those Bad Company pitches and all about VR investment insanity. The story about the Gungeon devs was also really cute. I could probably listen to his inside baseball stories for hours.

Curufinwe

I was surprised when Brad claimed console games don't have quick saves that Jason didn't point out that Dishonored 2 does, and it's implemented perfectly. You just have to press Options then hold R2 and the game quick saves and puts you right back in the action without having to press another button.

While Stardew Valley is on my top 10 of the year, I really don't see it as a fun group stream. But let's see how that goes.

Agree on the game not working well for streams, but the Vinny/Alex/Dan combo is such gold, I'd be entertained by a stream of them watching paint dry...

I just got around to listening to the podcast with Paul Barnett and it's brilliant. Now I want to hear those Bad Company pitches and all about VR investment insanity. The story about the Gungeon devs was also really cute. I could probably listen to his inside baseball stories for hours.

Yeah this was surprisingly awesome. I'm not normally a fan of Barnett, but the relaxed chat with Jeff really brought out the best in him. Solid podcast and definitely worth a listen.

Zomba13

I hope it's Vinny that plays Stardew and not just Dan. I mean, I'd watch Dan play Stardew and enjoy it, but I think it'd be nice to have Vinny be the new farm boy and Dan the old man who has left Vinny his farm in his will but is also a ghost teaching Vinny how to farm and that Pumpkins are a fall fruit.

I hope it's Vinny that plays Stardew and not just Dan. I mean, I'd watch Dan play Stardew and enjoy it, but I think it'd be nice to have Vinny be the new farm boy and Dan the old man who has left Vinny his farm in his will but is also a ghost teaching Vinny how to farm and that Pumpkins are a fall fruit.

Yup, that is what I'm hoping it would be. I wouldn't mind seeing how far Dan is with his farm though, he streamed the game a few times on twitch when it released.

LiK

Jeff's love for Let It Die continues to surprise me. Totally didn't expect him to like it so much.

Meneses

I seem to remember Dan saying something about checking in on his farm with the GBEast duders, and wanting to get married in-game or something like that?

Or maybe I just made that up for some reason.

Zomba13

Yup, that is what I'm hoping it would be. I wouldn't mind seeing how far Dan is with his farm though, he streamed the game a few times on twitch when it released.

It'd be nice to have Dan start off, show a typical day (or 7), show his farm and his process and then hand it off to Vinny and be all "now you do it".

oti

Banned
Man the bombcast is gonna be a real drag without Dan huh

It's a trade-off. No more crazy Dan stories is a good thing. I just hope the West hire will bring new opinions and a strong podcast personality to the table. Otherwise it'll continue to be the Brad and Jeff show.

Pretty excited for the stardew stream. I like the game a lot even though I haven't played it as much as I'd like (barely into first winter). I enjoyed Dan's solo streams of it a lot back when he did that, so it should be fun in a group.

ArjanN

IT's super fucking annoying. His chat reading in general is bad. I wouldn't mind him so much if he didn't always feel the need to check chat or look up every little thing on wikipedia

His solo streams are much better because of it.

You realize him reading the chat is clearly part of his job right?

Also, I feel most of the GB livestreams could use someone paying more attention to chat to pass on useful information, because outside of the occasional troll, collectively they're still going to be more informed on anything than anyone in the room.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i feel uneasy about the people cheering it on because of the intense capitalist cyberpunk undertones I was getting reading that thread
It's the direction we're headed. Embrace the futureeeeeee

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I kinda want to get doom, but I seriously don't want to have 89GB to download of MP shit I'm never going to touch.

Am I safe to buy the physical PS4 copy and just never update it?

LiK

Saw the latest GBE mailbag and I wanna send Vinny something expensive to make him feel super uncomfortable, lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided I don't want a Game of the Generation cast anymore after that Xbox One backwards compatibility category.
That was the worst.

faridmon

I've decided I don't want a Game of the Generation cast anymore after that Xbox One backwards compatibility category.
That was the worst.

You too got hurt by that Mass Effect 2 non-admission, I see.

Its Ok, buddy. You still have time to play better games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom