• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 03/11/2014

The stitching on the leather still wasn't perfect enough for DriveClub

you got to feeeeeeeeeel that leather

got to get each individual thread on that carbon fiiiiiiiiiiiiiber

man watching that reveal again makes my skin crawl with excitement

Brad expected more from the titanfall single player campaign.

lol

well tbh that "campaign" is so half hassed lol. All it is is multiplayer maps with an audio clip during the loadout session and a 20 second animation/audio during the start of the match

jediyoshi

well tbh that "campaign" is so half hassed lol. All it is is multiplayer maps with an audio clip during the loadout session and a 20 second animation/audio during the start of the match

Wat, the bulk of the audio occurs during the actual match itself.

Wat, the bulk of the audio occurs during the actual match itself.

Yeah you're right, they do chat during the matches but my audio is so filled with explosions, gunfire and people doing voice chat that I never really could figure out what was going on besides IMC came from Earth and want to control the colonies and the Militia are fighting back? May go back through the campaign again since my friend just got the game and wants to play together, maybe I'll get something more out of it haha

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I seriously don't even understand the pixel showing everything in the universe question.

To make it simpler, imagine a 2x1 black and white screen.

Two pixels wide, one pixel tall.

Your options for each pixel is either black, or white.

So possible configurations are

BB

WB

BW

WW

If you showed all 4 of those configurations, you would show every image that's possible of being shown on that screen.

The concept is the same, except on a MUCH much larger scale. It's making the screen show every possible combination of pixels, which would result in every possible image capable of being seen on that screen appearing.

Now, lets assume instead of a black and white screen, we have a full color screen.

That means there are 255 shades of red, 255 shades of green, and 255 shades of blue for every pixel.

So that means every pixel has 255*255*255 possible colors it can show, or 16581375 colors total.

That's for every single pixel.

A 1080p display for example, has 2073600 pixels. So (and my math may be a bit wonky here) to get every possible combination, the screen would need to show (16581375)^2073600 number of images, which is 10^(10^7.175239356116171)

To give a more easily digestible number, that's 14970606 decimal places.

So the "show everything in the universe" thing might sound crazy until you realize the fucking GARGANTUAN amount of images it would have to show to show every possible pixel combination.

Chuck

Still without luck
i34T87ZSWeFbF.gif

I am starting to wonder how this scene will look in retail version.

This one looks similar, but without the dramatic chiaroscuro-style lighting, a simplified skybox and less dragons flying around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRpge6kHc8&t=5m13s

10oosh.png

28rpux.png

yeah Brad, I don't know what people are talking about either...

<.<

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Newark isn't the smelly part, Gerstmann! It's the stabby part. Get your North Jersey geography straight.

Can't blame him. Newark is all the way over there and gets bundled in with New York. I can't speak for everyone but I think of New York as a gigantic region.

You all have to work on your messaging. I know about a bridge that the governor of NJ shut down purely for spite. He reminds me of Tony Soprano. "Let's make this difficult. Maybe then they'll get the message." type thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Between john drake the grim reaper, the escalation of beef in both australia and the science world, talking about dark souls as teenage girls, car fucking, skatesaurus and jack tretton hunting down the shit smearer, this has been a podcast for the ages.

Between john drake the grim reaper, the escalation of beef in both australia and the science world, talking about dark souls as teenage girls, car fucking, skatesaurus and jack tretton hunting down the shit smearer, this has been a podcast for the ages.

Yeah, I haven't laughed out loud like this in ages.

This was a really good podcast, it had me laughing several times.

Vinny and Brad's Dark Souls II dedicated coverage makes me think about the crazy transformation Giant Bomb has had. From dismissing the Souls games to providing never-ending and inordinate coverage of them.

I havent listened to the show, but this was a bad week for a guest. With two big games out I want the crew to be super in depth with them. But its whateves, we're getting a multipart Dark Souls 2 series.

Top Bottom