• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater (PSP) demo now up on Famitsu.com

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Space A Cobra said:
So will there be more to the full game than a 4 player co-op arena battler or is that all it is?

I don't think so. I assume that if anyone has ever played Monster Hunter then, this is pretty similar. Just go around and hunt Aragami for materials for your gear. I don't think there will be a whole lot to it besides that. I think the selling point here is that it has a story.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just dled the PSP demo off the JP PSN store. I'm going to give it a try tonight.

bigswords

Space A Cobra said:
So will there be more to the full game than a 4 player co-op arena battler or is that all it is?

Answer this man stat!

Edit: Oh wait , I only care if this game is 4 player co-op grind a ton, is this true? And I have lock on?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
bigswords said:
Answer this man stat!
Look under his post.

I seriously doubt Shift will have anything of relative note in the final game that doesn't deviate from the "play with friends, hunt monsters, get materials, repeat" cycle they've borrowed from Monster Hunter.

It has a story though.

Edit: Oh wait , I only care if this game is 4 player co-op grind a ton, is this true? And I have lock on?
Yeah, pretty much.
Lock-on is in this too, but the camera has severe issues keeping both you and the Aragami monsters in view when you're very close to one.

Luigiv

It's a bit late, but here are my impressions of the demo; stick to Monster Hunter.

Combat feels really bad. It's partially over the top and floaty like an ARPG but also partially heavy and visceral like Monster Hunter. The combination just doesn't work.

Gameplay seemed decent, and it looks acceptable, but I'm still upset that there isn't really any armor in the game.

Just a bunch of fashionable clothing for your skinny guy/ girl to look cool in while you fight. BLAH. C'mon, at least Monster Hunter let you look all powerful and bad ass decked out in your Naruga or Fatalis armor, but shorts with colored leggings on men?

Maybe I missed an option for making armor in the demo. I know I haven't seen any in screenshots, but I haven't been keeping up with this one too much.

At least Bamco's other blatant Monster Hunter rip off is letting you make armor based on all the kaiju you slaughter!

Jonnyram

I'm puzzled... this demo got 1 million downloads, including PSN, yet the full game is not planned for release on PSN? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Jonnyram

:lol Well Tokimeki Memorial 4 will be on PSN next week (finally!), so there is some hope for God Eater coming out too, maybe? I dunno, I think some publishers are just scared of retailers.

Geneijin

Thanks for the live stream link. Will keep tabs on it.

Hope God Eater sells well, but I'm more interested in the OST release than the game truthfully. Why must the OST be in March... (EoE)

Top Bottom