• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoG Summer Sale 2015

cj_iwakura

One day left before the sale ends.

Also, check your wishlists. Checked mine and found some games that aren't on main page are on sale like Last Express.
It was a few times, just buried.

I'm sad TIE Fighter never went on sale. Tempted to get Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island 2, but it's only like $6 more for the bundle...

Bowl0l

I saw this thread and went back to gog.com
Then I got curious and googled Nordic Games leave gog.com.
Because of that, I bought Dark Fall 1 and 2 even though it's not on sale.

@gaf, will LucasFilm leave gog.com before the next sale? I am really broke right now...

Catshade

@gaf, will LucasFilm leave gog.com before the next sale? I am really broke right now...

Ummm...Nordic Games are back for good.

And if a publisher leaves GOG, they usually have one last sale before the games are taken off.

I don't see why would that happen. The GOG pullouts are becoming increasingly rare, and some things even eventually return, as seen in Nordic's example. And I think they had to resign everyone's deals when they started to display prices in local currencies, so since then major pullouts should come with a warning.

Bowl0l

Ummm...Nordic Games are back for good.

And if a publisher leaves GOG, they usually have one last sale before the games are taken off.
I didn't know that. At least now most of my wishlist are cleared.

I don't see why would that happen. The GOG pullouts are becoming increasingly rare, and some things even eventually return, as seen in Nordic's example. And I think they had to resign everyone's deals when they started to display prices in local currencies, so since then major pullouts should come with a warning.
Noted. Now I will just wait for the next sales.

Nordicus

Damn you GOG, that gap between STALKER: Clear Sky and Xenonauts freebies is just enough to mean that buying Witcher 3 Expansion Pass now gets me Xenonauts for free...

...fine, have my money CDProjekt! I was going to get the expansion near launch anyway

Could someone please help me out with a list of exclusive games on GOG that are also on sale. I have found Shogo and Chronicles of Riddick that really stand out as quality titles that are not available anywhere else and I would like more titles like these. They are dirt cheap right now and I am tempted to snatch these up before the sale ends.

Koren

I'm interested in trying GOG, but I'm curious to how it works on Linux. Is there a steam-like application or a stand-alone installer for games that simplify the installation/uninstallation process?

I'm interested in trying GOG, but I'm curious to how it works on Linux. Is there a steam-like application or a stand-alone installer for games that simplify the installation/uninstallation process?

The steam-like client is not available for Linux yet.

Some games have deb installers for ubuntu based distros. Tarball archives are available for all games, so you can extract the game files to any folder you want on any distro.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Woah, almost missed the free games that are available depending how much one spent on the summer sale. Make sure to check that and redeem before the sale ends, if you qualify!

cj_iwakura

Could someone please help me out with a list of exclusive games on GOG that are also on sale. I have found Shogo and Chronicles of Riddick that really stand out as quality titles that are not available anywhere else and I would like more titles like these. They are dirt cheap right now and I am tempted to snatch these up before the sale ends.

Pretty sure Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura(best title ever) are only on GOG. Same with The Last Express. Maybe the Tex Murphy games?

Also Dreamfall & The Longest Journey, I think. Even if they're on Steam, they'll never be that cheap there.

Koren

The steam-like client is not available for Linux yet.

Some games have deb installers for ubuntu based distros. Tarball archives are available for all games, so you can extract the game files to any folder you want on any distro.
Many thanks...

I actually run a debian, so deb files would probably be handy. That being said, having a client acting as a package manager is really handy, so I hope they'll create one, one day...

Pretty sure Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura(best title ever) are only on GOG. Same with The Last Express. Maybe the Tex Murphy games?

Also Dreamfall & The Longest Journey, I think. Even if they're on Steam, they'll never be that cheap there.
Thanks for the info. I also noticed that they have some older Rayman games that aren't on Steam like Rayman Forever, Rayman 2, and 3. Also some of the games released on GOG are different from Steam versions like the Earthworm Jim games and Duke Nukem 3D.

Deadly

Doubtful didn't they just have this big announcement for the arrival of LucasArts?

Persona7

Banned
Many thanks...

I actually run a debian, so deb files would probably be handy. That being said, having a client acting as a package manager is really handy, so I hope they'll create one, one day...

They are still working on it but will be available eventually.

Zimbardo

Giants: Citizen Kabuto
http://www.gog.com/game/giants_citizen_kabuto

was such a cool game back in the day. i just bought it during this sale myself to give it another try sometime ...and there's also mods and, i believe, fan patches out for it now, too.

well worth a look.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto
http://www.gog.com/game/giants_citizen_kabuto

was such a cool game back in the day. i just bought it during this sale myself to give it another try sometime ...and there's also mods and, i believe, fan patches out for it now, too.

well worth a look.

Wow, I used to own this game so many years ago. Thanks for the heads up.
GOG is such a great place for long forgotten PC games. I just hope they keep expanding and surprising us with more cool deals behind the scenes to get even more DRM free games on their service.

Gruso

Bought a number of games that need DOSBox. Any good resources for introducing me to it?
If you're only concerned with launching the games, you don't need to know anything - DOSBox is bundled with the installer, so they will install and launch like a native Windows program.

For the advanced, many tweaks can be made by editing the dosbox.conf file (introduction here). If you're running GOG Galaxy, there is GUI access to most of it.

Top Bottom