• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoG Summer Sale 2015

LewieP

No, not ever. GOG is staunchly anti-DRM.

If you really want a DRM-free download plus a Steam Key, you can get that sometimes on the Humble Store/Humble Bundles.

If you buy Race The Sun from GOG, you can get a Steam key.

So no, not "No, not ever".

Nothing I want that I don't already own on either GoG or Steam. I'm tempted to spent that $1 for a free copy of simcity 2000.

MrFortyFive

The slow migration of my Steam library to DRM-free continues. Picked up the D&D bundle as well (never owned those on Steam though).

Pretty cool that through the combination of current offers, even if you bought nothing else during the sale, buying the Witcher 3 + expansion pass would net you:

The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Sim City 2000
STALKER Clear Sky
Xenonauts

Pretty good for a game that came out 2 weeks ago.

autoduelist

May actually double dip on some of my older titles I have on Steam (STALKER titles), and maybe Jade Empire if it's a fun title.

Now that GOG Galaxy exists I'm sorely tempted to buy DRM-free versions of all my Steam games.

DON'T DO IT, ME!

I know this feeling. I have Heroes of Might & Magic on steam, but M&M proper on gog... and I want them all on gog. I also want Wizardry 6-8 on gog since it makes more sense there.

If only I had the budget for such nonsensical double dipping.

So, what are the rules for GOG sales? Are their a Steam Daily equivalent?

Generally the franchise sales are awesome -- you need to pick up everything for the best deal though. They're awesome in that if you already own some they don't charge you for those, but also let you keep the highest tier discount. So that's really cool.

They're pretty good at recycling deals and giving you a second chance if you missed them... but you should still grab stuff just in case.

Man, I love gog.

i think im going for baulders gate 1,2, and ID

never played any surprisingly. figured i'd jump in on them before pillars...

or should i just get pillars?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gog and steam sales are always my weakness. Just.....70-80% off i mean im losing money if i dont buy right?

Anyway, are all GOG downloads drm free in the way that each exe installer can be copied and installed on computers with no internet? Never actually tried that.

Just got Beyond Good and Evil and booted it up... haven't played this since it came out on PS2. What a great game.

I forgot how much I loved it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Gog and steam sales are always my weakness. Just.....70-80% off i mean im losing money if i dont buy right?

Anyway, are all GOG downloads drm free in the way that each exe installer can be copied and installed on computers with no internet? Never actually tried that.

Yes -- if you want to throw a game's installer on a flash drive and install it on any number of other computers, you can do that. There's no phoning home or anything to deal with.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When will Ubisoft allow the Ghost Recon expansions to go to GoG? They aren't going to sale the original Ghost Recon or it's expansions on Steam and I can't simply buy the expansions on Steam to use with my GoG copy.

UBIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Houndi101

System Shock™ 2
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Legend of Grimrock 2
Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

+ Stalker Clear Sky and Sim City 2000, going for that Xenonauts

Catshade

Everybody should get Chronicles of Riddick at 70% off ($3), especially since the TAGES-laden version has been pulled from Steam a while ago.

Dizzy-4U

Damage so far:

- Duke Nukem 1 & 2
- Tomb Raider 1 - 2 - 3 - Revelation - Chronicles
- Lands of Lore 1 - 2 -3
- Kyrandia 1 - 2 - 3
- Gabriel Knight 3
- Sensible World of Soccer '96 '97
- Sanitarium
- Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2

I know it sounds wrong but It feels weird to have Witcher 2 installed between all those point and click games of old. I think I'm just gonna hide the few "new" games I have and leave my GOG library just for the old stuff.

petran79

Banned
I'd advise against since there's no online multiplayer mode. GGXXAccent Core just dropped on steam, buy that instead.

There is an online patch for the GOG version that gives the game lag free gameplay and you can watch lobbies and replays.

Althane

Nice set of games on sale.

The damage (so far):

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (For the music, honestly)

Card Boy

Banned
No discount on The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass. That is not a hopeful sign that it will get a discount during the Steam Summer Sale :/

Why the f would there be a sale/discount on it when the content for it isnt out yet? Holy shit dumb post is dumb.

Tenebrous

Nice set of games on sale.

The damage (so far):

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (For the music, honestly)

Nice list! I didn't notice Arcanum was on sale, so I'm going to go pick that one up now.

Chronicles of Riddick and Tomb Raider 123 for old times sake bought. I can't see me playing them for years but just nice to know I have playable versions!

So many games I enjoyed at one time or another..

But I'd rather spend my money on grabbing Amiga versions of most on eBay now that I have my Amiga set up and fully working with a USB reader and all that.. and with Steam around the corner..

I'll probably buy Grimrock 2 on steam as well, regional pricing and all that.

Althane

Nice list! I didn't notice Arcanum was on sale, so I'm going to go pick that one up now.

It's totally worth it off-sale price, anyways, but honestly, I wanted the music since the site that was originally hosting the soundtrack went down some time ago, and I lost my copies of it.

Edit: Adding Riddick to it. Heard great things about them, but never played them. Now I'll own them and never play them!

And now I realize that Arcanum doesn't have the music inherently downloadable. Derp.

I mean, I've still got Arcanum. So, no loss for me. But derp.

FaintDeftone

Tempted to grab Beyond Good & Evil even though I own the Xbox version. It would be nice to have in case my Xbox ever kicked the bucket. Adore that game.

Tizoc

Everybody get the Ys games if you haven't already.
You can start with 1 and 2 if you are OK with ye olde PC style combat, or jump into Ys OiF (Ys 3) for dat FALCOM action goodness.

I know I'm LTTP but La Mulana and Super Time Force Ultra are legit! Holee cow!

Somewhat related, hopefully Axiom Verge and Broforce come to Gog as well.

Everybody get the Ys games if you haven't already.
You can start with 1 and 2 if you are OK with ye olde PC style combat, or jump into Ys OiF (Ys 3) for dat FALCOM action goodness.

Are Y's games on sale?

These sales are so tempting :(. Passed on the D&D Enhanced Edition collection since I'd prefer them on Steam (that was hard to walk away from), and now they have the City Builder's bundle and those are really nice games too which I have old and damaged copies of. And Galaxy looks like a nice client too...

Must stay strong and avoid buying extra games...

Can someone looking at Ys as objectively as possible give me an idea of whether it's worth jumping into that series from the start? I honestly know next to nothing about it, but I've occassionly heard good things. Would these titles properly hold up?

Althane

How's Space Pirates and Zombies?

I found it to be a pretty average space mining/shooting game, but the difficulty curve turned me off the last time I tried playing.

Not sure if that's been adjusted in patches since. I'd say it's worth it at that price, though. Definitely more than 5 hours of enjoyment to be had.

Top Bottom