• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoG Summer Sale 2015

Anyone that enjoys endless runners should really give Race the Sun a go - for £1.29 you have no excuse. Great sense of speed, controls feel tight, very responsive. Punt paid off.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ends on June 21st at 11:59AM GMT, so you have lots of time to spend that $4.77.
UGMWhym.gif

They be comin for my wishlist. (hopefully)

Teknoman

In for D4 and Wasteland 2!

GoG Galaxy really needs to get its friends list to normal status. I dont want to scour the forums and reviews to add people.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Bought another few games that I already own in physical form lol, couldnt resist. Got Space Quest 1-6, Kings Quest 7-8 (the only in the series I havent beat), and thus unlocked the amazing Sim City 2000! Definitely agree about Galaxy though, they really need to develop that further.

Soodanim

Ys 3 (OiF) at least can be described thus

In general though expect a kickass soundtrack and good gameplay.
Despite Ys 1 and 2's ye olde PC style combat they're still fun to play, so if you don't mind a simple combat system you can start with those.

Otherwise Start with Ys 3 instead then you can play Ys Origin (Origin functions as a prequel to Ys 1 and 2 taking place centuries before those 2 games, up to you whether to play it first or the others =3)
Why did I not see this until after the Ys deals were gone?!

And Valais too, that looks great. If I didn't have a big backlog I'd buy it at full price.

Morfeo

Aaand it just refreshed.

Yep, and I once again fell into the trap and bought way more than I will ever have the time to play:

Capitalism Plus
Betrayal at Krondor Pack
Wasteland 1: The Original Classic
Capitalism 2
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition

Pillars is like the only game I want from these Summer sales and it's only 10% off. :(

Ys Origin is the best action RPG of all time. Just play it, you don't need to play Ys 1 and 2.

Correction you don't need to play the shitfest that is Ys 1, Ys 2 however is the second best game for the series that you can buy on the PC. Play Ys 2.

Morfeo

Correction you don't need to play the shitfest that is Ys 1, Ys 2 however is the second best game for the series that you can buy on the PC. Play Ys 2.

I agree Ys 1 is not a great game, calling it a shitfest? I thought it was one of the better games on the Master System back in the day, and its part in the doublepack on the Turbografx and the PSP always felt justified imo. Its a decent game, but packed togheter with its sequel makes up for a very enjoyable introduction to the Ys-series imo.

Tizoc

Hey now Ys 1 and 2 aren't that bad!
If anything playthem on Easy to speed through them. Normal is do-able but they're among the only Ys games I'd ever replay on Easy :p

Ys 6: Ark of the Napishtim is on sale on gog, grab it! This game was released before Oath in Felghana so if you want to see how the combat's evolved start with Ys 6.
Alas it is the other game I'd recommend playing on Easy but it is a fun romp non the less.

Get in on dat RELEASE OF THE FAR WEST OCEAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5clOwRmevk
and
MIGHTY OBSTACLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02A9KsvsoW0

I missed Shogo and The Chronicles of Riddick deals. Does GOG repeat deals before the Summer sale ends or am I out of luck?

Edit-Also, is there a list of exclusive games only available on GOG?

Gaffi

I missed Shogo and The Chronicles of Riddick deals. Does GoG repeat deals before the Summer sale ends or am I out of luck?

I'm wondering this too. Unless I imagined it Trails in the Sky was on 50% sale and when I checked after work it wasn't. Never really payed much attention to GOG sales before enough to check.

Linkark07

Banned
I missed Shogo and The Chronicles of Riddick deals. Does GOG repeat deals before the Summer sale ends or am I out of luck?

Edit-Also, is there a list of exclusive games only available on GOG?

I assume the deals will reapper before the sale ends. It has happened before.

MrFortyFive

I'm wondering this too. Unless I imagined it Trails in the Sky was on 50% sale and when I checked after work it wasn't. Never really payed much attention to GOG sales before enough to check.

Historically they have repeated. If nothing else, they'll have to sooner or later. The sale goes until June 21st and at the rate they're going through games, they'll have exhausted their catalog by around day 11.

Historically they have repeated. If nothing else, they'll have to sooner or later. The sale goes until June 21st and at the rate they're going through games, they'll have exhausted their catalog by around day 11.
Sounds good I am wish listing those games and keeping a watch on them so I don't miss them this time.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hmmm... Is wasteland 2 good? I remember hearing mixed opinions upon release, but who knows? Maybe it's rad after a few patches.

What's better Pillars of Eternity or Wasteland 2?

I agree Ys 1 is not a great game, calling it a shitfest? I thought it was one of the better games on the Master System back in the day, and its part in the doublepack on the Turbografx and the PSP always felt justified imo. Its a decent game, but packed togheter with its sequel makes up for a very enjoyable introduction to the Ys-series imo.

Ys 1 became terrible once you get to the main dungeon. It is far too repetitive and confusing.

Tenebrous

What's better Pillars of Eternity or Wasteland 2?

Ys 1 became terrible once you get to the main dungeon. It is far too repetitive and confusing.

I've not played Wasteland 2 properly, but it is getting a pretty major overhaul in the summer to coincide with the console release. Pillars is great, though, so if you were going to pick one, I'd go with that for now.

vocab

Hmmm... Is wasteland 2 good? I remember hearing mixed opinions upon release, but who knows? Maybe it's rad after a few patches.

After all the patches its pretty good. If you wait for the GOTY update I imagine the games gonna be a lot better. The combat is more dynamic. More options, re balancing, looks better.

draetenth

What's better Pillars of Eternity or Wasteland 2?.

They are pretty much two different games... Wasteland 2 is a turnbased game in a post-apocalyptic setting and is the followup to Wasteland 1 (the spiritual predecessor to the Fallout series) while Pillars of Eternity is a nod to the old infinity engine games (mainly Baldur's Gate) with Realtime with Pause battles and a more I guess it's considered a High Fantasy setting (?).

Personally, I would recommend Pillars of Eternity simply because Wasteland 2 is getting an Enhanced Edition soon. Of course, the upgrade is free to people who own the Wasteland 2 so I suppose you could just buy that now while it has a decent sale and just wait to play it.

oatmeal

Banned
Grabbed Deadly Premonition and RealMyst.

I have DP on 360 but didn't play it much...I figure for 2 bucks...why not.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Realms of Chaos and Escape Goat 2!

Also Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe and Oceanhorn because why not?

Towerfall has great reviews but it seems required to have friends who want to play it (no playing with randoms online?) so I'll pass.

Teppic

Towerfall has great reviews but it seems required to have friends who want to play it (no playing with randoms online?) so I'll pass.
Yep, Towerfall is local only. Has some single player missions, but the most fun you'll have when you play with or against other players.

Moobabe

Nothing for me today - if I hadn't bought Shadowrun on steam a couple of weeks back I'd definitely dive in on Dragonfall - highly recommended.

Top Bottom