• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 2 |OT| Returns Tuesdays at 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Adalind and Truble are just the worst. I checked out the Grimm facebook page a few months back and people on their fucking LOVE them. It makes me sad. I saw a fair amount of people asking for the show to drop Nick completely and refocus the show on just Truble. These are bad people and their opinions are bad.

Yup I've witnessed these fans too. There are a LOT of people that watch the show exclusively for the drama instead of the elements that actually make the show interesting. It's really strange but it seems like the majority of tv watchers prefer drama over anything else.

I've watched every single episode so far and I hate the Adalind character, just kill her off already, all she does is fuck things up without a care in the world and it's frustrating to watch.

I'm not keen on Truble, I kind of guessed why her character was added to the show and I'm not impressed.

I'll give the beginning of season four a go but if it's crap then I'll give up, Wu should be brought into the inner circle and the writers should stop trying to turn it into a soap opera.

I completely agree. You hit the points that frustrate me when watching Grimm. Probably isn't helping that I am currently watching Buffy for the first time which is essentially a superior version of Grimm. lol

Women love their drama... And shipping. Networks have shifted their directions to try appeal to the female demo, hell TNT made it into pretty much a joke by labeling everything on their network, regardless of what it was as drama.

Yup I've witnessed these fans too. There are a LOT of people that watch the show exclusively for the drama instead of the elements that actually make the show interesting. It's really strange but it seems like the majority of tv watchers prefer drama over anything else.

What I don't get about those "fans" is why the fuck were they watching it in the first place if they hate Nick so much. For me if the show dropped Nick, I'd be out for sure. It's why I may be out for this season depending on how long it takes for him to get his powers back. I watch the show for Nick, and him being a Grimm. Take that out of the picture and I have no reason to watch the show.

hi threaaaaaaaaad

seems a bit quiet around here :x

so im catching up to the season 3 of grimm, and i'm on the final episode now, and from the way things are progressing it looks like nick will be de-grimmed. i haven't read up on the thread's posts yet, cuz avoiding spoilers, but i just want to say that I really like Theresa. She's so cute <3

I LOVE HER amg *___*

I think im enjoying her more than I thought I would :>

Kevin

Anyone planning on doing a Season 4 thread? Show comes back on October 24th (Friday) along with Constantine.

njean777

What I don't get about those "fans" is why the fuck were they watching it in the first place if they hate Nick so much. For me if the show dropped Nick, I'd be out for sure. It's why I may be out for this season depending on how long it takes for him to get his powers back. I watch the show for Nick, and him being a Grimm. Take that out of the picture and I have no reason to watch the show.

Ding ding ding

Kevin

I believe Nick gets his powers back within first few episodes. Hard to narrow it down from cryptic comments but I'm guessing no later then episode 5.

I believe Nick gets his powers back within first few episodes. Hard to narrow it down from cryptic comments but I'm guessing no later then episode 5.

Sounds good to me. I was one of those concerned it'd be a season-long affair.

I dislike stories that hook you with "this person has weird abilities" and then remove said abilities. You just removed the reason I came here in the first place!

Is Grimm like The X-Files and Supernatural? Or is it completely different?

I'm unfamiliar with the X-Files, but it's a little like if you crossed Supernatural with a police procedural. Your protagonist is a police detective with some supernatural abilities who tackles crime (well, mostly crime) committed by "supernatural" (ish) humans. Most of the fantasy creatures on the show are basically "were-(species)" of different kinds in that they can shift from a human form to a somewhat more animalistic one (though they're generally still all humanoid). Some are genuinely good and keep out of trouble, some are violent and taking care of them is what Grimms, like the protagonist, do. The show is unusually lacking in overt magic for a show of this type; while magic and spell-casting absolutely exist and are a part of several large plot points, most of the "Wesen" are portrayed as if they're just a different species of human with some weird abilities (i.e. shapeshifting is more "grounded" than casting spells).

Thanks for the replies

My friend gave me the first season, but I have so many other shows I'm behind on (Dexter, Sopranos, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, The Wire, The Shield) that I've yet to watch it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a reason why a mod doesnt just change the thread title to remove the "season 2"?

Kevin

Grimm - David Giuntoli Interview - Transcript [Major Spoilers]:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/grimm-david-giuntoli-interview_17.html

Lots of throwaway questions but enough spoilers to make it worth a read. I do hope that either Adalind is killed off this season or they find something super interesting and fresh to do with her character moving forward.

Short trailer for season 4:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/grimm-season-4-new-promo-blinded-to.html

Still hoping for a good proper trailer soon. 20 or so seconds isn't much...

is there a reason why a mod doesnt just change the thread title to remove the "season 2"?

What do you have against tradition?!

But seriously, yeah, we should just get the thread title changed. Didn't have enough posts over season 3 here to warrant a new season 4 thread on its own.

That trailer has me hyped!

And yeah, the thread title needs a change, there might be people catching up to season 2 and they'll stumble upon spoilers when clicking on this thread.

I've got negative hype after that trailer.

From the transcript maybe spoilerish

I depend more on Trubel. She and I grow very close. Again, she's much like a young sister to me -- or a daughter to me. And that's what you'll be seeing.

UUGGHHHH no thanks, do not want. Just so disappointed in where this show is going.

Kevin

Yeah this show had so much potential and some really good mythology which is why I'm confused that they are ignoring most of the good story and mythology stuff and putting all the cheap drama at the forefront of the show.

Nick has become a side character to Adalind, Juliette and Trubel. Heck he's not even a Grimm anymore. It's like they pretty much completely ruined the show in favor of cheap drama tricks.

I'll tune into season 4 in hopes that most of this cheap drama is sorted out early on but I have a feeling that it's going to last all season long and beyond (since Grimm moves at a snail's pace).

My favourites are Nick and his Captain.

The others are just interesting supporting characters. Monroe and Rosalie were so cute in the beginning but I think they went to the deep-end of super-sugary in the last season :<

Nick has become a side character to Adalind, Juliette and Trubel. Heck he's not even a Grimm anymore. It's like they pretty much completely ruined the show in favor of cheap drama tricks.

I've bitched about it before, but it's because of the Facebook fans. Seriously, you load up that page and it's nothing but people bitching about how much they hate Nick, and how Adalind, Juliette, and Trubel are the best things in their life next to oxygen and breathing. They don't care about the Wessen and just want more Adalind and drama. It makes no fucking sense to me, and it's ruining the series.

alekth

For a while I thought they just didn't have the money to make good monsters anymore and human drama is so much cheaper to film, but if it's what a huge chunk of the viewers are asking for, I guess I won't make it very far into this season (after making it through last one mostly out of hope and obligation).

njean777

I've bitched about it before, but it's because of the Facebook fans. Seriously, you load up that page and it's nothing but people bitching about how much they hate Nick, and how Adalind, Juliette, and Trubel are the best things in their life next to oxygen and breathing. They don't care about the Wessen and just want more Adalind and drama. It makes no fucking sense to me, and it's ruining the series.

How could people hate Nick? He is the fucking maincharacter of the show, like wtf? If you don't like the main character why even watch the show? People are just ruining the show for the people who do like Nick...

Kevin

I've discovered that a lot of good shows with lots of potential have been ruined because the American mainstream audience LOVES the drama and cheap tricks. The stuff we on here might not like is the stuff most tv viewers actually want. Nobody watches tv for storytelling anymore but instead for, "Who slept wirh X" style drama. It's super lame!

How could people hate Nick? He is the fucking maincharacter of the show, like wtf? If you don't like the main character why even watch the show? People are just ruining the show for the people who do like Nick...

Yeah I don't fucking get it either. Why are they watching the show in the first place if they don't like Nick.

I'm telling you, during the season finale last year, there a TON of people in their facebook page requesting they just have Juliet dump Nick and get him off the show. Making Trubel the main character. People being HAPPY that Nick lost his powers because he was "terrible". They're very vocal and killing this show.

Kevin

Whens the next season begin? If its crap, I'll probably just drop this tbh

Season starts this Friday, October 24th on NBC. I think either 8 o 9 (US Eastern). Paired with Constantine which I enjoyed the pilot for.

I hope the drama created in the season 3 finale is dealt with swiftly in no more then 5 episodes so that we can hopefully move onto more interesting stories.

Kevin

I'm guessing nobody here watched this. Premiere was alright. Could have been worse. We'll see how this season goes.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm guessing nobody here watched this. Premiere was alright. Could have been worse. We'll see how this season goes.
Why does this show get no love here? We are still using a season 2 thread? Aren't we in season 4 now? Thread title is misleading it's on Fridays

About to watch it when I get home

Premiere was pretty good. Better than last year's. Actually set up stuff and didn't solve a monster of the week. They didn't beat us over the head with a nixk not having his powers which was nice, but not as nice as Juliet in that dress. :)

Volimar

I fell off a bit last year, but I caught the premiere because of Constantine. I have no idea what's going on. There's a female Grimm and the regular Grimm lost his Grimm powers...

Was there ever any resolution of his frankengrimm power?

Kevin

I fell off a bit last year, but I caught the premiere because of Constantine. I have no idea what's going on. There's a female Grimm and the regular Grimm lost his Grimm powers...

Was there ever any resolution of his frankengrimm power?

Nope lol it was just randomly forgot about after a few episodes and never mentioned again.

Nope lol it was just randomly forgot about after a few episodes and never mentioned again.

This is a good question, actually. Will he get all his "bonus" powers back when his powers are restored, or just the base set of Grimm abilities?

Because the show's writing is messy enough they could just use Nick losing his powers to wipe the "bonus" abilities out, in order to justify never mentioning them again. :/

Kevin

I just hope they don't take all damn season for Nick to get his powers back. I can't really find anything to indicate how long Nick will be without his powers. It took pretty much an entire season for Juliette to, "remember" ugh...

I just hope they don't take all damn season for Nick to get his powers back. I can't really find anything to indicate how long Nick will be without his powers. It took pretty much an entire season for Juliette to, "remember" ugh...

God that shit was painful and the pacing was such a wreck.

This is really a show that I like in spite of the writing, rather than because of it.

Kevin

The MOTW cases are usually fun but the main story is usually both boring and pain stakingly slow an uneventful.

Adalind dama for four seasons now, Royals story which has gone almost nowhere for four seasons now, the key storyline which was super interesting but is going oh so slow and only mentioned once or twice a season. Nick's mom's storyline which was interesting and gone nowhere, Grimm mythology never really goes past MOTW.

This show has so much potentialy but just spins it's wheels. I watch it still for popcorn tv and am still disapointed by the storylines year after year.

I want the show to explore the rich mythology that they introduced early on and now kind of simply replaced with snail's pace storylines and cheap drama.

I don't think season 4 is even going to move the plot forward much for any of the interesting plots because the last two seasons have not.

So much wasted potential after every turn and now we are left waiting for Nick to get his Grimm powers back in hope that we don't wait all season.

Supernatural at least keeps the story moving forward even if it's writing can be bad at times.

Grimm needs to speed up the pace ten fold and focus on more interesting stories and the mythology the show was originally conceived on.

I saw it. There's nothing much to be said just yet.

Why does this show get no love here? We are still using a season 2 thread? Aren't we in season 4 now? Thread title is misleading it's on Fridays

About to watch it when I get home
Could we get a new thread, or at least update the title of this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom