• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Quoting for the new page:
New Screens:
03%20-%20Southsun%20Survival.jpg
04%20-%20Southsun%20Survival.jpg
06%20-%20Desert%20Rose.jpg

01%20-%20Aspect%20Arena.jpg
02%20-%20Aspect%20Arena.jpg
07%20-%20Zephyr%20Rucksack.jpg

05%20-%20Candidate%20Trials.jpg
08%20-%20Mini%20Ellen%20Kiel.jpg
09%20-%20Mini%20Evon%20Gnashblade.jpg

Better not be crazy hard to get >.<

Or some lame RNGGGGGG

According to the release page:
Two new exclusive back items, the Desert Rose and Zephyr Rucksack, are available as rare drops from the Southsun Survival and Aspect Arena activities respectively.

markot

Banned
Random and I have to do stuff? They better not be bop.

Whys everything bop anyway? I wish I could sell my stupid southshore ticket, its useless and all the weapons are ugly!

Retro

Push them monitors together, son.

screenk0klv.jpg

Sorry for the dark image, it's dark here and my desk lamp isn't very bright.

Retro

Why would you have a gap betweem your moniters >.< that just increases head and neck strain!

And it looks ugly as hell too! I have my monitors so close, they'd be breaking certain laws if I lived in the south. Can't get them any closer with the frames.

Cels

I wonder how much of the population actually plays fractals frequently, like doing one at least once a week. I'd wager it's pretty small. It's true that you can go into fractals at any level but I'd guess that most parties are 5 level 80s, even at levels 1-9. I would also wager that a lot of players haven't reached 80. I remember seeing these numbers for World of Warcraft and being shocked by how few players reached max level.

It's nice to see that there will be a brand new one added along with the old living story dungeons but first I would love to see a reward revamp for fractals. That's a big reason I don't do fractals anymore. One, because I've done every fractal a couple dozen times by now, and two, the rewards aren't worth it to me.

Once you do enough fractals, you will have nearly no use for fractal relics and pristine fractal relics, especially in higher levels where, if you get the right ring, you save 10 pristine fractal relics on the spot. You do have a chance for lodestones and a very remote chance at a fractal weapon but if you want lodestones there are better ways to get them, and fractal weapons are more like winning a lottery than making steady progress towards an item.

Compare this to dungeons, and the fast, popular ones take ~10-30min to complete: tokens are useful for much longer because you can purchase entire sets of armor and weapons, instead of just two ring slots from fractals. And if somehow you gear up every one of your characters via tokens you can still buy rares to salvage. 26s (plus money from the bosses, which fractal bosses do not drop) and 70% of the next level are nothing to scoff at either.

Because cof1 farming exists, from a rewards standopint, everything in the game has to be compared to the opportunity cost of doing cof1 instead. I don't have any particular problem with cof1. Players flock to the most profitable area, and if it wasn't cof1 it would be something else. However, it's up to Arenanet to decrease the gulf in rewards between doing the fastest, most profitable dungeon and doing some other, more difficult dungeon, like TA F/U, Arah 4, or even cof3. It doesn't matter whether it's by making cof1 longer and more difficult or making those other dungeons easier, the disparity in rewards between cof1 and other group PvE activities in the game is not in a healthy place.

I don't do cof1 anymore because I've done it so much already, but it would be nice if the rewards for reward:time ratio in the game would be spread out more evenly. I feel like they are starting to recognize this, since you are now getting ~10s, karma, and a random item for completing a Sanctum Sprint. There were similar rewards for doing Crab Toss as well.

_woLf

VOTE FOR EVON FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GW LORE JUNKIES

GW2 desperately needs more lore based content. I'm so tired of everything being inquest or asura technology based. Seeing the other gods exile Abbadon would be absolutely amazing.

The news that they're going to be making more GW1-based content has be absolutely hyped. It's about fucking time.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, I try to do a variety of dungeons because cof1 bores me...I still do it probably once a day though because why not.

markot

Banned
And it looks ugly as hell too! I have my monitors so close, they'd be breaking certain laws if I lived in the south. Can't get them any closer with the frames.

Yeah, why doesnt a company make a moniter with at least one side with no bezel >.< the world is aching for it!

Katoki

Indeed. The yellow flower was nice but the rose is even nicer.

It should also make me feel less bad for having transmuted my frevid censer onto something which made it soulbound.

Retro

I would love to see a reward revamp for fractals.

New Fractal weapons (could be a palette swap but preferably new, but similarly themed models) and Fractal Armor sold just like a regular dungeon vendor, plus a variety of rare, fractal-themed items only available as drops (new versions of the Aetherblade monocle, Molten Facility jetpack, etc.)

New Fractals themselves would go a long way towards improving things. There are 8 of them (not counting the Solid Ocean one); doubling that and maybe including a new boss fractal (or two) would pump a lot of life in.

nataku

Lore, ahoy!

During his imprisonment, Abaddon sought a way to return to the world, sending out demonic servants to subvert the mortal realm. It was a servant of Abaddon who persuaded Shiro Tagachi to murder Emperor Angsiyan, causing the Jade Wind, and Abaddon sent titans, who acted as gods for the charr and gave them the capability to perform the ritual of the Searing. When the charr assaulted Orr, Razakel convinced Vizier Khilbron, who was also a follower of Abaddon, to read the Lost Scrolls and sink the land in the Cataclysm.

Abaddon commands Titans to act as gods to the Charr, Charr cause the searing. Present day Charr wants to get into position of power and research historical event of Abaddon's fall. To potentially communicate with a god that tried to destroy Tyria.

Hmm.

He didn't try to destroy Tyria, he simply tried to be returned to it and when defeated in Nightfall his power threatened to destroy Tyria. Think of it as something akin to a dead man switch for a bomb. Doesn't really matter anyways as Kormir absorbed the power so Abbadon shouldn't be a threat.

If anything could be gained it might be a source of power (relic) or magic. I mean, unless Anet wants to flip the script and pull some "Psych! Abbadon never really lost his power!" type of deal.

Evon, like most Lions Arch residents, doesn't seem to favor any factions. He just generally likes money. So I'm like to believe his motives are more about that then anything else.

I'm more curious as to what Ellen Kiel has to gain.

mingus

Pretty epic standoff against you guys in sbibl hills. We had to rally two other zergs to join the one already in to repel.

Lunar15

One piece of lore i'll give to thumanova reactor is that the Inquest is constantly researching how to become Godly, as well as how to tap the power of the dragons.

Still, Abaddon sounds wayyyyyyyy cooler

Levyne

Banned
Pretty epic standoff against you guys in sbibl hills. We had to rally two other zergs to join the one already in to repel.

Man, sieging/whacking at Hills for hours with no luck. Lots of kills and exp but man...

I have never been more fucking depressed logging out of the game for the day. Seriously. I feel like shit.

So fucking mad/sad/everything.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

nataku

One piece of lore i'll give to thumanova reactor is that the Inquest is constantly researching how to become Godly, as well as how to tap the power of the dragons.

Still, Abaddon sounds wayyyyyyyy cooler

Dragon lore vs God lore, go!

Which do you want more?

Levyne

Banned
Also no make ups occured today. Very little interest in chat on doing them. Like less than 3 people. ....maybe one core weekday mission make up day is needed rather than an awkward 2 day split. Or maybe it isn't. Or maybe I'm the only person even thinking about this. Maybe it's not a big deal.

Aquila

Also no make ups occured today. Very little interest in chat on doing them. Like less than 3 people. ....maybe one core weekday mission make up day is needed rather than an awkward 2 day split. Or maybe it isn't. Or maybe I'm the only person even thinking about this. Maybe it's not a big deal.

Good thing I missed it then right? I'm west coast time so I have a lot of trouble making it for the events. The current schedule is good but would there be any interest for a single late night session for makeups?

hythloday

You aren't the only one! Attendance at make ups has slowly tapered downwards since we came up with the schedule. I think a number of factors go into it:

-The content isn't new anymore, and we ALWAYS get the supplies challenge (slight exaggeration but yeah)
-It has been long enough that I think many people have all the commendations they want or need, and
-There is now a new release every other Tuesday, one of our makeup nights, so there is newer and more interesting stuff to do.

Something we can definitely talk about!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good thing I missed it then right? I'm west coast time so I have a lot of trouble making it for the events. The current schedule is good but would there be any interest for a single late night session for makeups?
Can you not make it to the Tuesday night 9PM ones?

Edit: Good point about one of our makeups happening on release nights. We can definitely look into changing that.

Khold, just in terms of policy that's how it's supposed to work. If a team of 5ish can't be put together, makeups don't occur. So no big deal. Last time I did them on a thursday we actually had a fair bunch, so sometimes there's interest and sometimes there isn't, and that's ok.

Complistic

The first comment there really had me laughing.

I would gladly vote for Dhuum if it meant getting the Abbadon fractal. We've killed gods, we can deal with some corrupt charr in the council.

The abbadon fractal is realllly compelling.

Trey

It's needed. Consolidate to one day, for all the reasons hythloday mentioned.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's needed. Consolidate to one day, for all the reasons hythloday mentioned.
I don't think the factors she identified are precisely in favor of having all makeups on a single weekday so much as they are merely contributing factors to low attendance for makeups across the board. I'm sure on some days we'd have few participants even if it was just a single day a week, and that's kind of the way it goes. But it's something we can consider doing for reasons of simplicity and lessening repetition, anyway.

The idea with having multiple chances during the week was the give guild members as much of an opportunity as possible to get the commendations that were needed during the week. That's why we started out with so many (basically missioning every single night!) and then after observation whittled it down to the more popular/successful evenings and shifted things around a little.

With the current schedule, there are two chances besides Saturday nights (Sunday + the corresponding weekday) to try for all mission types. Sunday makeups have been very successful, so those will definitely stay. But for people who can't make Sunday/Weekends, I hope we can still do something to try to get them their weekly comms.

Bearing that in mind, having a single weeknight mission makeup is certainly less of a burden on the officers so in that respect I certainly have no objection. The key is basically: for the people who consistently cannot make Sunday 3:00PM makeups, what weeknight and time is most helpful to the most people?

This is why I am having so much trouble. I also think Gnashblade is a sneaky sneakerson and started to suspect him of being the person who spurred on the Molten Alliance to profit from the resulting chaos.

Plot twist: Gnashblade IS an avatar of Abaddon, which is how he is able to keep his promise about the fractal.

Which, uhm, I guess technically still puts him above most politicians.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why do we even get to vote? None of us are even from Lion's Arch to begin with.
this is a pirate election, boy. one vote per LA citizen may seem right to you but as many votes as possible from as many people as possible will seem just fine to the winner.

hythloday

Why do we even get to vote? None of us are even from Lion's Arch to begin with.

Eh, I think it's just a way for the devs to let players have more interaction with the story. It's a great idea. Reminds me of a Choose Your Own Adventure novel. Also, in Sea of Sorrows
the council itself voted on all new members anyway. I don't remember reading that they even had citizens vote at all. Times change, who knows.

Lunar15

Eh, I think it's just a way for the devs to let players have more interaction with the story. It's a great idea. Reminds me of a Choose Your Own Adventure novel. Also, in Sea of Sorrows
the council itself voted on all new members anyway. I don't remember reading that they even had citizens vote at all. Times change, who knows.

I know, just joking on the randomness of an election. Although, technically, are we even voting, or just showing support for each candidate's trade agreement push?

Also, it'd be funny if we voted and the council just picked someone random, like a consortium member.

This shit is bothering me seriously as a speller.

This is ABBA donned with clothes.

This is Abaddon, Former God of Secrets.

What shitty boss, if they want to do something with a previous boss some kinda of tie in from the pass I prefer The Lich or Shiro, Abaddon is a F N loser...Sheeesh just make an expansion already, takes us to Elona i want to fight Joko..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom