• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieH

Sunbringer title done. Got lucky with flawless defence. Taco popped way too soon yesterday while nobody was prepared so everybody kind of gave up and focused on defending the turrets for the achievement.

Grats on your first kill! Plenty more GAF were there than that. I'm not even in that shot! ;)

Yeah, I couldn't fit everyone in. You might be under the minimap. :p

Hedge

I really wish they'd hurry up with the pre-cursor crafting. I'm one pre-cursor and a few hundred T6 mats+lodestones away from my legendary. xD

Markot those are some awesome screen shots.

You should make a thread on reddit or official forums and post like 10-20 of your favourites.

I kinda want to use your screens as a desktop wallpapers.

Arkanius

Guys, for a Warrior that uses Soldier's and Knight's Armor (Depending on the situation), my accessories should be Berserker right? (Amulet, Rings, Backpiece...)

Ceres

Banned
What a fiasco. Been waiting seven hours for [OBEY] to show up, since they promised to help their server beat Taco today. Unbeknownst to people not part of Obey, they ended up guesting to Maguuma to go do it there, to "get away from the afk'ers in FA Sparkfly".

So meanwhile, half the FA server is sitting in Sparkfly, waiting for Obey to rock up. They don't, we fail Taco, and Obey fails Taco on Maguuma since they didn't have enough people.

Anyone suggest a good server I can guest to so I can see Taco taken down at least once?

My home server is really letting me down.

From what I hear, Maguuma is not a good place to get away from issues on your own server if you want to beat Taco. They have people who basically dedicate their days to trolling the turrets.

If you have an open guild slot, joining one of the event guilds might be the way to go. Otherwise, if you're able to get into SBI mainflow during primetime, you can try tonight probably. First after reset is the best time.

Shiokazu

doly didnt worked so well with me. time to consult builds and other players to make my first build.

since i have small money, i dont have really a way to buy armor again, so im sticking to valkyrie armor, trinkets are needing more work too.

though i still want to make a full divinity norn tier 3 cultural armor, not even knowing if its worthy.

Complistic

rallied the server to ignore teq and just defend the turrets :p

It was the most coordinated teq fail in history.

Got the flawless defense though woo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still gotta get that flawless defense, Tail jump, power play... I did get the sunken treasure last time, he feared me right into it.

Jira

Of course Pizzadin not only gets an ascended wep but the only one he'd want. Also, Miktar those shots are AMAZING.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Of course Pizzadin not only gets an ascended wep but the only one he'd want. Also, Miktar those shots are AMAZING.
*headscratch* Teq drops a box, "Tequatl's Hoard." You pick the weapon. And Pizza of course chose the greatsword despite having just forged an Ascended greatsword like two days ago or something.

edit: I'll get you Levyynnnneneeeee

again edit: Indeed Miktar, glad you're getting so many kudos on Reddit. You've got a great eye and your D3D settings and composition rock!

Ashodin

*headscratch* Teq drops a box, "Tequatl's Hoard." You pick the weapon. And Pizza of course chose the greatsword despite having just forged an Ascended greatsword like two days ago or something.

again edit: Indeed Miktar, glad you're getting so many kudos on Reddit. You've got a great eye and your D3D settings and composition rock!

NOW I HAVE TWOOOOOOOO

Jira

Oh that's right.

Katoki

Oh shit. Part of me had blocked out Diablo 3 from back then and I didn't realize until I went to the darkd3 site that the d3 was Diablo 3. Looks like I'll finally try it out due to a lot of the comments saying it's more "stable." SweetFX has been kind of finicky lately and crashing at bad times.

Ceres

Banned
I started using darkd3 a few weeks ago too. Personally, I use Balanced setting. I like the sharpening it adds but it washes out some lighter colors (test it off and on at the character screen if you want to see what I mean). I haven't messed around with any of the settings myself but might eventually.
I tested all the filters before going with Balanced myself.

Thanks. I'm shocked at the response. I was wary of posting anything there, because I generally don't like drawing attention to myself, but everyone's been very kind. I got a lot of private questions about SLI settings (seems many didn't know about AFR2 for Nvidia cards running SLI and GW2).

Makes me want to take more shots, perhaps now Anet will let me go first person :p

Thanks. I'm shocked at the response. I was wary of posting anything there, because I generally don't like drawing attention to myself, but everyone's been very kind. I got a lot of private questions about SLI settings (seems many didn't know about AFR2 for Nvidia cards running SLI and GW2).

Makes me want to take more shots, perhaps now Anet will let me go first person :p

Can you link your post? I wasn't able to find it on reddit.

Wow, these are some amazing shots. Great work.

Ceres

Banned
Oh well, another failed attempt at Flawless Defense.
People just ignore the "Less than 9 defending the turrets" instructions

I think the issue with south turrets draw champs due to how close the zerg is to them.

Would be good to always have at least 1 person on hammer duty to repair turrets too. I know I repaired every single northern turret the moment it took any damage. Have 1-2 people on turrets hitting fingers the moment they spawn and repair asap while the rest takes out any other enemies might be a great way to do the turret def without going in assuming you're going to lose.

Arkanius

I think the issue with south turrets draw champs due to how close the zerg is to them.

Would be good to always have at least 1 person on hammer duty to repair turrets too. I know I repaired every single northern turret the moment it took any damage. Have 1-2 people on turrets hitting fingers the moment they spawn and repair asap while the rest takes out any other enemies might be a great way to do the turret def without going in assuming you're going to lose.

I was repairing and destroying fingers.
But its hard when there are two champions hitting your turrets.

I was repairing and destroying fingers.
But its hard when there are two champions hitting your turrets.

We did this yesterday, most of the map agreed (or didn't disagree anyway) to trying for the defense achievement. It seems the key is pulling the mobs and champs away from the turrets. Don't fight them right on top of the turrets. Basically this is the same strategy during a legitimate Tequatl fight too.

Speaking of a legitimate Tequatl attempt, now is the time to get in sparkfly if you want that. SBI seems good for the first attempt after reset. < 40 minutes now.

Levyne

Banned
Nothing above rare again, but an 8g aquabreather. Yay?

During the first stun, the megalaser had like 1 hp left. This made us late to the dps stack afer and 75->50 went slow. But we won!

Complistic

tequatl glitched so bad that time. The main timer stopped completely and he turned invisible. Luckily we could still damage the place he should of been.

I don't think it can be understated how magnificently the new Tequatl has been tuned. It's a fight made for a server's macimum load of people with a hard 15 minute (plus battery phase) timer. When a server downs this boss, it's a very close feat - sometimes down to seconds on the clock. There is amazing encounter tuning and QA that has gone into this fight.

jersoc

bugged teq.

BEFf2Pd.jpg

Complistic

we actually didn't get the (master work) green chest for that event because the second battery defense bit failed automatically when it started.

I was going for power play, so it sorta screwed me out of it. It would of been close though, if it hadn't glitched on us. Who knows. Ill take what i can get :p

Shiokazu

i finally get to see defeated tequatl. but i only get to see it defeated was because he went full bugged and the timer froze.

its like they activated tequatl easy mode because i cried too much.

Retro

Just got my Honors in Applied Jumping title (which is what I really wanted, for my Engineer) and Yellow Backpack cover (which will collect dust in my bank forever). I am so turned off by the SAB this time around I'm not even going to set foot in Tribulation mode. I'm completely done with this content until it is fixed and I've had a long time away from it.

And before anyone calls me a hypocrite, the new Taco is hard but doable, and doesn't need to be 'fixed' because he is not broken. SAB World 2 is objectively bad design and its creator has explicitly stated it is broken, and therefore it needs to be fixed.

If SAB ends up not coming back at all because of this, I can't say I'll be upset. Great concept, one that holds a LOT of charm for me, but one that is now absolutely squandered. It is the first thing in GW2 that I can honestly say I hate and if you'd suggested such a thing back in April I'd have laughed in your face.

Bleh. Time for bed, already stayed up later than usual to finish this off so I can spend the next week without it sitting in the back of my head nagging me. Back to spamming "Join in Sparkfly Fen" until the new Twilight Arbor update...

...on the same day as Terraria 1.2 goes live...

Fuck.

Jira

Guys an i5 with 8 gigs of ram and a 640 is a good set up right

A 640 is pretty damn bad, it's an absolute entry level card that will get you 25-40 FPS on most modern games at 1080. You get what you pay for. Grab a 660 for $100 more and you'll see more than double the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom