• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

sensui-tomo

Hey since i just found out that official gundam music is in the game, are there any big themes in it?(like any lyrical songs from gundam or the Zeta theme(Riders in the sky) or King of hearts

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey since i just found out that official gundam music is in the game, are there any big themes in it?(like any lyrical songs from gundam or the Zeta theme(Riders in the sky) or King of hearts

It seems that there are no vocal songs in the game itself.

New Video added to OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GBJtQxQz8

Also oh man do the post story missions not fuck around lol. You seriously will need to go into the MG parts territory or get slammed hard. D: This is most def where you will want to play with others, since your non boosting AI friends are mostly useless you are next to them when needing a revive. I wonder why BanNam didnt give them AI to actually boost instead of the slow as shit hovering around. Even more so with how fast the death countdown is on occasion.

Like my high lv 10+ HG stuff can get outclassed by the MG stuff in just a few levels.

Am real happy that there is all this extra content though!

sensui-tomo

It seems that there are no vocal songs in the game itself.

New Video added to OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GBJtQxQz8

Also oh man do the post story missions not fuck around lol. You seriously will need to go into the MG parts territory or get slammed hard. D: This is most def where you will want to play with others, since your non boosting AI friends are mostly useless you are next to them when needing a revive. I wonder why BanNam didnt give them AI to actually boost instead of the slow as shit hovering around. Even more so with how fast the death countdown is on occasion.

Like my high lv 10+ HG stuff can get outclassed by the MG stuff in just a few levels.

Am real happy that there is all this extra content though!

I'm still glad that someone here is showing the best zeon mobile suit some love. Just wondering are there any bosses that use Perfect Grade in this game or is that grade just left out?

Parakeetman

I'm still glad that someone here is showing the best zeon mobile suit some love. Just wondering are there any bosses that use Perfect Grade in this game or is that grade just left out?

This game has a bunch of perfect grade bosses actually. I think some of my vids might show it.

redwolflim86

Neo Member
Play the game for few days. This is a G gundam simulation game. The burning gundam is a game breaking MS. You could cleared the hobby and cafe shop stage 15 by yourself only. Just keep spamming burning finger.

Parakeetman

Play the game for few days. This is a G gundam simulation game. The burning gundam is a game breaking MS. You could cleared the hobby and cafe shop stage 15 by yourself only. Just keep spamming burning finger.

And the problem with that is?

Game lets you play the way you want to.

sensui-tomo

When you say Burning gundam, do you mean God gundam (from G Gundam aka the last mobile suit Domon Kashu pilots) or the Build fighters Try , Burning gundam ? Also calling it a G gundam simulator makes it sound good(which the game looks great to begin with)

Parakeetman

When you say Burning gundam, do you mean God gundam (from G Gundam aka the last mobile suit Domon Kashu pilots) or the Build fighters Try , Burning gundam ? Also calling it a G gundam simulator makes it sound good(which the game looks great to begin with)

God Gundam is in the game.

Burning Gundam = Build Fighters Try the MCs MS.

sensui-tomo

God Gundam is in the game.

Burning Gundam = Build Fighters Try the MCs MS.

Oh i know the difference of the two and that god gundam is in, I was just asking which was the OP unit and that people still call the God gundam, Burning is always something I see happen so i asked for clarification.

Shouta

it seems like there's some story content but it's barely coherent garbage, lol.

I'll try and post up my MS later but I went form melee to pure ranged when I got TG's Dober Gun. Long Rifles are gross, lol.

Parakeetman

Oh i know the difference of the two and that god gundam is in, I was just asking which was the OP unit and that people still call the God gundam, Burning is always something I see happen so i asked for clarification.

I would have to check which is the higher rank for lv wise with the MG kits. Since would imagine thats the stronger suit.

Parakeetman

How much post story content is there outside of the Cafe/Shop challenges?

Hang on turning on the vita to check. I finished the first round of the post story missions and unlocked the next batch, but dont think Ill be able to win since I barely beat the last one lol

Right now I counted 7 more missions. Am sure there is a few more after this. These missions have special enemies that show up and defeating them will net you an orange colored box that has resources in it. Get ready to be juggled all over the place though D:

it seems like there's some story content but it's barely coherent garbage, lol.

I'll try and post up my MS later but I went form melee to pure ranged when I got TG's Dober Gun. Long Rifles are gross, lol.

The dober gun I was using that thing for a while pretty awesome :D Looking forward to seeing what you made!

Ken

Oh man, AmiAmi is sold out of PS3 copies. Perhaps I should dust off the PS3 and get it digitally. This game is getting better reception than I would have guessed!

Parakeetman

Oh man, AmiAmi is sold out of PS3 copies. Perhaps I should dust off the PS3 and get it digitally. This game is getting better reception than I would have guessed!

As mentioned multiple times now this game is pretty damned good for Gundam mayhem.

Real good amount of content.

Ken

As mentioned multiple times now this game is pretty damned good for Gundam mayhem.

Real good amount of content.

How would you rate the depth of the combat? Was watching the latest Kampfer Amazing video you posted and it was hard to tell if you could like, chain combos together or cancel out of things.

Parakeetman

More story than the first one?

Still waiting on my copy that I've had preordered since day one. [sigh]

A pox on your house, Japan Post.

story is a mess lol they just should have gone with some sort of build fighters scenario

the character design outside of the shop chick and announcer MC are pretty bad.

Parakeetman

How would you rate the depth of the combat? Was watching the latest Kampfer Amazing video you posted and it was hard to tell if you could like, chain combos together or cancel out of things.

id say its deep since they let you use as many weapons as you can fit on so chaining moves together is possible.

Shouta

I'm actually still getting parts to make my perfect Gundam. I haven't colored any until I get the ones I want, lol

Reishiki

Banned
So where do I find the Ability Patches for getting new abilities onto parts?

My Breaker Rank is 30, and I've got access to Canyon and Panama maps. I can't help but feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Parakeetman

My Breaker Rank is 30, and I've got access to Canyon and Panama maps. I can't help but feel like I'm missing something obvious.

You might need to progress farther in the game. Though you should know when you get them. I dont remember exactly when they started to show up but it was later on in the game. The drops are not super rare, so you should most def see them when they do start to appear in the maps.

I'm actually still getting parts to make my perfect Gundam. I haven't colored any until I get the ones I want, lol

haha i know that feeling, used to do the same in Armored Core. I wouldnt color my unit until I was sure for the most part this was the setup Id be running for a while.

kubricks

The more multiplayer games I played, the more I wish it can have more players in the action.

Is it just me or are certain parts very hard to find? At level 50 I have many parts in the development plan but I am always missing a chip or two. I NEED that shotgun chip or whatever... where the hell is it?

Parakeetman

The more multiplayer games I played, the more I wish it can have more players in the action.

Is it just me or are certain parts very hard to find? At level 50 I have many parts in the development plan but I am always missing a chip or two. I NEED that shotgun chip or whatever... where the hell is it?

yeah i only got one from a real later in the game mission dont remember which but was for the hg version i need the mg one at this point. weird thing too is parts drops are from the same MS but the weapon chips are not.

i wonder if its possible to scratch build into the shotgun but am guessing not since its like all the stuff on the shop is generally a base for something else. such as the gouf heat rod is what turns into the kampfers chain mine.

some parts are insanely hard to find also the mats for upgrading things in the mid 10s HG or low 3-4 for the MG parts. those are post game drops.

Parakeetman

Just pulled the info for you.

専用ショットガンH-CADをアフリカタワーのミッション6のエース機から入手

Africa Tower Mission 6 - Rare drop from the ACE unit. This is for the HG version. No info yet on the MG one.

----

I might have to go out of my personal preferences and just create a unit to collect materials with.

Looks like they've released a demo of the Vita version - http://gematsu.com/2014/12/gundam-breaker-2-demo-hits-ps-vita-japan

Nice to see a demo is out. Helps folks who are waiting for their copies since seems like places are still sold out.

Just checked the HP for JPSN and did not see it listed though when I ran a search?

Just pulled info for you also.

アビリティ1はカフェ8〜10でエース倒せば6個ぐらい手に入った筈

Get to the Gundam Cafe 8-10 events. If not unlocked yet progress further in the story. Can potentially get 6 pieces from defeating ACE units.

Or get to in the story ISLAND IFFISH 1:グラビティ (Gravity)

As that place you can get Ability I / Master I chips.
Proof of that is in my video here which is linked in the OT too. Its where I was doing runs on to gather lv 1 chips.
ISLAND IFFISH 1:グラビティ

But you will need to get the ACE units to show up for them to drop I think.

kubricks

Just pulled the info for you.

Africa Tower Mission 6 - Rare drop from the ACE unit. This is for the HG version. No info yet on the MG one.

----

I might have to go out of my personal preferences and just create a unit to collect materials with.

Nice to see a demo is out. Helps folks who are waiting for their copies since seems like places are still sold out.

Just checked the HP for JPSN and did not see it listed though when I ran a search?

Just pulled info for you also.

Get to the Gundam Cafe 8-10 events. If not unlocked yet progress further in the story. Can potentially get 6 pieces from defeating ACE units.

Or get to in the story ISLAND IFFISH 1:グラビティ (Gravity)

As that place you can get Ability I / Master I chips.
Proof of that is in my video here which is linked in the OT too. Its where I was doing runs on to gather lv 1 chips.
ISLAND IFFISH 1:グラビティ

But you will need to get the ACE units to show up for them to drop I think.

OMG Parakeetman thanks a TON!
Off to parts hunt now!

Jrs3000

Where do you determine your max point cost? I went over mine, I don't see what my limit is. It goes up with Build rank correct?

Also, when you develop a new part do you lose the original?

Parakeetman

Where do you determine your max point cost? I went over mine, I don't see what my limit is. It goes up with Build rank correct?

Also, when you develop a new part do you lose the original?

Second section of the OT.

The General Specification/Detail Specification translation from HDKirin: https://mobile.twitter.com/HDKirin/status/545647352455786497

B5KHTTgCcAAf7dk.png

The limit goes up when you lv up the parts / abilities that up the Total Capacity rating. Such as Legs / Body and on occasion Backpacks.

Yes when you develop a new part from an existing one you lose the base part. As it turns into the newly developed part.

Demo is definitely up, in the demos section! Dl'ing now, havent played the first but had my eye on this, hope i like it!

Ah! found it thanks. Gotta add it to the OT.

Jrs3000

Thanks, I saw the capacity but didn't know it was related to cost. I was thinking of capacity in terms of AC. So that means you'll have to find another part or buy from shop if you develop new and lose the original then correct?

Parakeetman

Thanks, I saw the capacity but didn't know it was related to cost. I was thinking of capacity in terms of AC. So that means you'll have to find another part or buy from shop if you develop new and lose the original then correct?

Yes that is correct.

Demo definitely doesnt have cross save in it, unless thats unlocked later.

Nope should be available at all times via START button.

Sakura

How do I pick up the parts that fly off suits with the numbers above them? They always seem to disappear.

Parakeetman

How do I pick up the parts that fly off suits with the numbers above them? They always seem to disappear.

Those parts are not for pickup. Any items that can be collected will be square shaped and of varying colors. If you are close they will fly towards you and be automatically collected.

Just loaded some yen onto my jpn account to get this as a game to play during winter break. So far I'm enjoying it~ that x and o reverse on the instructions sure did throw me off at first though. Thanks very much for the translations so far! My kanji is lacking so some things were hard to read. I hope i'll be able to play with my brother on our 2 ps3s because playing Extreme VSFB on 2 screens next to each other for arcade was awesome instead of having to split screens.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dammit guys, after reading the rest of the topic, I'm tempted now D:

Guess I'll go for the PS3 version, even if I would have preferred the PSV one... such a shame that the stupid requires a reformat/restore every time you want to change accounts.

EDIT: Also, if I'm reading the PSN page correctly, buying there includes the GBFT bonus suits until March 31st. Neat.
But the suits are added to the Service List and not Download List. Lame.

Top Bottom