• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Woorloog

Banned
What about Halo 2A, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 or Age of Empires or MechCommander RTS, D4, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark and Quantum Break?

I said Halo alone isn't enough (and that covers any and all Halo games), and the rest of Microsoft's IPs are not interesting, revealed or released. So i hope they reveal something interesting at E3.
I guess i'll make an exception for MechCommander but i was never a big fan of the series in the first place, prefer MechWarriors. And let's not kid ourselves, there is no chance MS will revive Mechwarrior in any form (besides, it is licensed to Smith&Tinker/Piranha ATM, i think).

ElRenoRaven

Bungie's hosting the new master servers as well. Cool update and must have been a lawyer clusterfuck and a half.

I'm shocked to be honest. I would have figured all ties were severed in the hand over to 343. I'm glad though to see Microsoft and Bungie working together on this though. Halo is too awesome to let die and they agree. Now if only Microsoft would save Halo 2 online. :(

I'm shocked to be honest. I would have figured all ties were severed in the hand over to 343. I'm glad though to see Microsoft and Bungie working together on this though. Halo is too awesome to let die and they agree. Now if only Microsoft would save Halo 2 online. :(

They will.

With Halo 2 Anniversary.

I can't see the upside for 343 in building another online multiplayer experience that's not somehow attached to Halo 4. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see how it could work in a way that would be beneficial to Halo 4 and it's remaining population.

TCKaos

Meanwhile, in that non-Bungie Halo:
BacFkPy.jpg

I can't see the upside for 343 in building another online multiplayer experience that's not somehow attached to Halo 4. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see how it could work in a way that would be beneficial to Halo 4 and it's remaining population.

I could understand this argument if the Xbox One wasn't out, but it is. MS needs something to push more X1s into people's homes. A Halo game will do that, especially one that fans loved as much as Halo 2. I don't think Halo 4 is really a factor in decisions anymore. There hasn't been a significant update in a long time, no new maps since last summer, and no major playlist changes in a while.

Plus there's been way too hinting from Phil Spencer that Halo 2 Anniversary is coming, and if you read his comments on how the only right way to remake Halo 2, would be including the original MP, then it sounds like there's a plan.

Also the ntkrnl leaks have almost all been correct so far. I don't see how anyone can ignore that anymore. The only thing that has been wrong was the Tier 2 country release dates.

So, I wonder if Halo 2 anniversary will offer armor customization and weapon skins. It seems like a logical addition that really wouldn't impact the game beyond a fun, cosmetic level, giving people the ability to utilize unlocks and player progression.

misterchief.gif

This needs to happen....

This could be the new Hayabusa hahaha

Havoc2049

Meanwhile, in that non-Bungie Halo:

I'm not saying Halo 4 is uber-popular or anything, but to be fair, it looks like you are showing the least populated play lists and it looks like the population numbers at around 2:00AM. Heavies has kinda died down as well. Those numbers are low though, so even Infinity and BTB are only probably between 500-800, if you showed the complete play list.

So I've been thinking about this gametype, it'd be really similar to BF 2142's Titan mode.
The basic premise would be:

10-12 players. 100 "damage" points to win.

There are three anti-aircraft guns scattered around the map, your team can gain control of them by accesing their control panels, same as Dominion.

A controlled anti-aircraft gun will inflict a determinated ammount of damage per lapse of time, something like 1 damage point for each 3 seconds. You'll be able to change these values.

Now things get interesting
complicated
:

The aircrafts, they are forge structures hovering over the map sides, they have a set of mounted damage boosted rocket missile pods.

Inside each aircraft there is a main reactor, shooting at the main reactor will automatically award damage points towards the team attacking the aircraft, to time delay.

I'm still wondering if I should make the gametype symmetrical or not, It'll probably end up being asymmetrical, 2 round based since I'd rather have a big proper aircraft with nice interiors to two shitty bootleg ones.
H5 Forge better not be shitty...

I'm also thinking about giving the gametype a two stage approach:

Stage 1: attackers try to gain control of the three guns, the aircrafts can't be accesed yet except for the defender team which can spawn inside if they choose to.

Stage 2: in order to enter the second stage the three guns must be operative, attackers will be able to access the hovering aircraft. I'm thinking about maybe spawning some super man cannons or maybe let them spawn from above the aircraft and jetpack to it.

Gametype is still in the works nd there's much to do. Just wanted to post this here and see if some GAFers had any ideas or suggestions.

jelly

They did advertise the new Halo being 60fps. Mainline shooters seem to be aiming that high now.

Halo 2 Anniversary, don't see why not. I wonder if they'll do the classic switch again, Halo 2 was a bit rough mixed with some nice stuff. We don't need to see those character models again.

They did advertise the new Halo being 60fps. Mainline shooters seem to be aiming that high now.

Halo 2 Anniversary, don't see why not. I wonder if they'll do the classic switch again, Halo 2 was a bit rough mixed with some nice stuff. We don't need to see those character models again.

I'd rather have actual grunt and jackal models.

Fuchsdh

I could understand this argument if the Xbox One wasn't out, but it is. MS needs something to push more X1s into people's homes. A Halo game will do that, especially one that fans loved as much as Halo 2. I don't think Halo 4 is really a factor in decisions anymore. There hasn't been a significant update in a long time, no new maps since last summer, and no major playlist changes in a while.

Plus there's been way too hinting from Phil Spencer that Halo 2 Anniversary is coming, and if you read his comments on how the only right way to remake Halo 2, would be including the original MP, then it sounds like there's a plan.

Also the ntkrnl leaks have almost all been correct so far. I don't see how anyone can ignore that anymore. The only thing that has been wrong was the Tier 2 country release dates.

There are actually plenty of updates, actually, though you are right that no new DLC is going to be coming. Getting the champions bundle itself was a nice little addition.

Next-gen Halo is next-gen Halo, and to that end I don't think there should be too much a concern about splitting the base as it's the next Halo and I expect the people interested will move over, just as the majority of active players always have.

I do hope that they keep up some updates to Halo 4 if the playerbase necessitates it and put it into "sunset mode" faster than they did with older titles; in that respect they've done better than Bungie in the past but there is still much more room for improvement.

(Pie in the sky dream is they bundled all the DLC for free or at least for a single cheap price, put a link to it prominently and made DLC required on their way out.)

So I've been thinking about this gametype, it'd be really similar to BF 2142's Titan mode.

Since Aircraft are pretty integral to the game, it'd be neat to try and balance it out around some moderate Jetpack usage. Since you can change player traits based on Armor Ability, you could scatter some around the map for the attackers / defenders at certain points that would grant some kind of Paratrooper powerup.

Since Aircraft are pretty integral to the game, it'd be neat to try and balance it out around some moderate Jetpack usage. Since you can change player traits based on Armor Ability, you could scatter some around the map for the attackers / defenders at certain points that would grant some kind of Paratrooper powerup.

Nice idea, they'd be something like Noble 6's re-entry unit.

these fake leak sites need to stop saying halo 2 anniversary won't have original multiplayer.

SMH leakers can you at least try to look real.

wwm0nkey

these fake leak sites need to stop saying halo 2 anniversary won't have original multiplayer.

SMH leakers can you at least try to look real.
Don't know why they just don't copy Ntkrnl's leaks and add two of their own that way at least some of it is right except their stuff and they will appear legit to people who didn't see the original leak

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
So, I wonder if Halo 2 anniversary will offer armor customization and weapon skins. It seems like a logical addition that really wouldn't impact the game beyond a fun, cosmetic level, giving people the ability to utilize unlocks and player progression.

This could be the new Hayabusa hahaha

It would be worn more than Hayabusa.
If that's possible....

Top Bottom