• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

DO people really think that Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be cross gen? I just don't see it happening...

It frustrates me to no end that people think this. I'm not sure if it's a lack of logic, or blind hatred of the Xbox One that people think it's coming out on the 360, but it's not.

Microsoft is more worried about moving SKUs instead of getting good sales on a remake of a game that came out 10 years ago. Halo 2 Anniversary exclusive on Xbox One has the potential to move a SHITTON of units. For a large group of people, H2A is the only bargaining chip that MS now has, and with the price drop, I think it will work out for them. But H2A will NOT BE crossgen. If it is, I will eat my shoes.

Mix

It frustrates me to no end that people think this. I'm not sure if it's a lack of logic, or blind hatred of the Xbox One that people think it's coming out on the 360, but it's not.

Microsoft is more worried about moving SKUs instead of getting good sales on a remake of a game that came out 10 years ago. Halo 2 Anniversary exclusive on Xbox One has the potential to move a SHITTON of units. For a large group of people, H2A is the only bargaining chip that MS now has, and with the price drop, I think it will work out for them. But H2A will NOT BE crossgen. If it is, I will eat my shoes.

It wasn't a price drop, man, it was a decrease in included hardware. you're getting less, for less money. But it is nothing but a good thing!

Oh hey, Dani & Heckfu are fighting again.

Can I get these two in a steel cage at PAX? I'd def. make the flight for that.
daniel-bryan-yes-chancxkch.gif

It wasn't a price drop, man, it was a decrease in included hardware. you're getting less, for less money. But it is nothing but a good thing!

Most people will be seeing it as a price drop though, no one really bought into the idea that "Kinect IS Xbox One!"

So, how about that Halo 4?

ElRenoRaven

Damn. Halogaf has gotten so damn bitter and shitty with each other lately. I swear if we get this thread locked because of people's bickering then I'll be one pissed off SOB. Won't do anything but I'll be pissed off damn it.

I did.

;~;
The kinect seems like a great device outside of gaming on the xbox.

I think MS would've done a lot better selling a small headset built for voice commands (or just integrated its software with a compatible headset ex. Trittons & Turtle Beachs can do this using the mic.) and a tiny webcam could simply capture the user while recording their games when streaming.

Don't get how the kinect made things supposedly easier for a user. Like as if they're trying to convince themselves that it sweetens the deal along with a gaming console. The device serves a better purpose for the apps rather than helping it sell the console or its kinect games.

Would love to see the art direction change back toward the older looks then. Doubt it will happen though sadly. After all the art design isn't just a one man thing.

I believe that Sparth is the Art Director now right? I can see it kind of reverting back to its core art. What I really want though is less washed out colors I like the design of the forerunner buildings and architecture, but when you go outside and there's that washed out brownish color over everything it gets old quick.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I think I would have a panic attack if I didn't have a Kinect tho. I had to send back my debug Kinect, so I unwrapped the retail one in a panic in case I had to use a TV remote again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Would love to see the art direction change back toward the older looks then. Doubt it will happen though sadly. After all the art design isn't just a one man thing.
Yeah, the news about Kenneth makes me excited to see who will (or already has?) fill his shoes.

I think I would have a panic attack if I didn't have a Kinect tho. I had to send back my debug Kinect, so I unwrapped the retail one in a panic in case I had to use a TV remote again.
How does it work with a separate sound system? Is the xb1 really like a universal remote?

Stinkles

A heads up to the rest of you comedians - next hotel/sheets/$200 a night reference is an instant perm. No, I'm not interested in discussing it with you. Smarten up.

Carry on.

I don't get it. I'm an old man. What's the reference?

How does it work with a separate sound system? Is the xb1 really like a universal remote?

I have a Yamaha receiver connected. When I say "Xbox On" it turns on the TV, changes it to the right channel, turns on the receiver, changes that to the right input, and everything magically works. I can even say volume up, mute, down. It uses HDMI CEC and a ridiculously powerful IR blaster. Setup is the fastest and simplest of any remote ever.

You can choose to leave any component out if you don't want the Xbox controlling it.

I also have a Harmony remote which works great but is gathering dust. Once OneGuide on smartglass shows up it will be perfect.

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to get banned because of it in HaloGAF, but the lowdown is basically that a story ended up circulating around that Fyrewulff "conned" someone by having them sleep on his hotel floor for $200 a night during... PAX, I think it was? The problem is that one or two tidbits of info not posted by Fyrewulff got posted in one of the HaloGAF OTs at the time, and Fyrewulff's corrections / intentions immediately got glossed over. Hence all sorts of rumors start that Fyre was deliberately screwing people out of money that night, $200 (when the real "charge" was either negligible or nonexistent iirc), etc. I don't know exact details myself, and I can't find the exact post, but my banning had a link to a post in one of the blackgaf threads where Fyrewulff better clarified himself and basically said he wished it was something everyone in HaloGAF would stop shitting on him for and move on. It also mentioned an ambiguous poster that wouldn't let it go, which I have to assume is myself.

Keep in mind that this is a situation where people are having meetups person-to-person for the first time having prior only talked online, through GAF, and as evidenced by certain threads like the anonymous confessions one, we can have some shady fucking people on these very boards. Now, I might be wrong on this, and feel free to correct / discipline me if it's the case, but I remember Fyre also saying that he's got social anxiety to a degree, so put yourself in his shoes and try to understand that letting someone in your hotel room as you're asleep, god knows how many hours and miles away from home, could understandably be unsettling for anyone.

It'd probably be better if Fyre filled in the holes in my anecdote or just straight-up linked to the post, but yeah, my last ban was for making a similar joke despite all the confusion when I went off the grid "for no reason." Say what you want about Super Cragmire Bros. 2.0 and all of that, but there's no reason to keep hounding Fyre over something that never even happened.

tl;dr don't be dinguses and try and be provocative with real-life happenstance that, based on your third-party lost-in-translation knowledge, never happened. With anyone.

I have a Yamaha receiver connected. When I say "Xbox On" it turns on the TV, changes it to the right channel, turns on the receiver, changes that to the right input, and everything magically works. I can even say volume up, mute, down. It uses HDMI CEC and a ridiculously powerful IR blaster. Setup is the fastest and simplest of any remote ever.

You can choose to leave any component out if you don't want the Xbox controlling it.

I also have a Harmony remote which works great but is gathering dust. Once OneGuide on smartglass shows up it will be perfect.
Holy crap, that's pretty awesome. I love my Harmony remote, but that sounds like a much better approach for stepping into my dark, bizarrely constructed gameroom with no light switches.

heckfu

Banned

Yeah, my Harmony is gathering dust as well. I have my receiver still used for my Chromecast and PS4, but I just keep it on the Xbone input most of the time...it's pretty awesome that it sets everything perfectly each time.

TheOddOne

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to get banned because of it in HaloGAF, but the lowdown is basically that a story ended up circulating around that Fyrewulff "conned" someone by having them sleep on his hotel floor for $200 a night during... PAX, I think it was? The problem is that one or two tidbits of info not posted by Fyrewulff got posted in one of the HaloGAF OTs at the time, and Fyrewulff's corrections / intentions immediately got glossed over. Hence all sorts of rumors start that Fyre was deliberately screwing people out of money that night, $200 (when the real "charge" was either negligible or nonexistent iirc), etc. I don't know exact details myself, and I can't find the exact post, but my banning had a link to a post in one of the blackgaf threads where Fyrewulff better clarified himself and basically said he wished it was something everyone in HaloGAF would stop shitting on him for and move on. It also mentioned an ambiguous poster that wouldn't let it go, which I have to assume is myself.

Keep in mind that this is a situation where people are having meetups person-to-person for the first time having prior only talked online, through GAF, and as evidenced by certain threads like the anonymous confessions one, we can have some shady fucking people on these very boards. Now, I might be wrong on this, and feel free to correct / discipline me if it's the case, but I remember Fyre also saying that he's got social anxiety to a degree, so put yourself in his shoes and try to understand that letting someone in your hotel room as you're asleep, god knows how many hours and miles away from home, could understandably be unsettling for anyone.

It'd probably be better if Fyre filled in the holes in my anecdote or just straight-up linked to the post, but yeah, my last ban was for making a similar joke despite all the confusion when I went off the grid "for no reason." Say what you want about Super Cragmire Bros. 2.0 and all of that, but there's no reason to keep hounding Fyre over something that never even happened.

tl;dr don't be dinguses and try and be provocative with real-life happenstance that, based on your third-party lost-in-translation knowledge, never happened. With anyone.
I’ve never ever seen you make a serious post. This is blowing my mind left and right.

Can the Xbox One Media Remote do all the same things the Kinect can in terms of control? I'd rather just use a remote than spout out commands.

wwm0nkey

Kinect is kinda cool? Idk not too big of a fan of speaking what I want something to do out, quality is nice though!

Now one massive problem I do have is that this controller is ass for fighting games, my hand hurt so much after only like 2 rounds of KI :(
PvZ is cool.

Other than that though, not bad but bring on H2A.

Obscured

I wait for that day. I am setup the same way, including the Yamaha, but I bet yours in nicer.

Not only does it work smoothly, but I have a few more functions back with volume and skipping forward (my harmony passed long ago during the 360 years). A few more gaps that I hope smartglass might fill in and it will be glorious. Now just need 'xbox on' to be more consistent, though I've seen marked improvement since launch.

I need some halo on my xb1, I just can never seem to get back to the 360. Looking forward to an announcement of something at e3, but also guessing that the info comes in a month but the game is oct-nov at the earliest. Feels like there should be some German word for being simultaneously happy and sad. That will be me in a month.

Mistel

Banned
is the latest mappack worth getting ? is it populated ? its the only one im missing
You might see the pit remake but that is about it I think. I wouldn't buy it personally considering they rarely come up and the population is just going to make finding them harder.

Mix

I say this as for the people who wanted a cheaper price point. Honestly, I thought about selling ti, but after I got off the phone with Gamestop (who said they weren't taking them yet) I said "Xbox On", biometrically signed in, and then asked it to take me to Trails Fusion, all without any hiccups. I love the damn thing.

Dub117

I say this as for the people who wanted a cheaper price point. Honestly, I thought about selling ti, but after I got off the phone with Gamestop (who said they weren't taking them yet) I said "Xbox On", biometrically signed in, and then asked it to take me to Trails Fusion, all without any hiccups. I love the damn thing.
I like it too. My most used command is "Xbox turn off" as I mic drop out tha room.
Then go back in and say "yes"

Stinkles

I wait for that day. I am setup the same way, including the Yamaha, but I bet yours in nicer.

Not only does it work smoothly, but I have a few more functions back with volume and skipping forward (my harmony passed long ago during the 360 years). A few more gaps that I hope smartglass might fill in and it will be glorious. Now just need 'xbox on' to be more consistent, though I've seen marked improvement since launch.

I need some halo on my xb1, I just can never seem to get back to the 360. Looking forward to an announcement of something at e3, but also guessing that the info comes in a month but the game is oct-nov at the earliest. Feels like there should be some German word for being simultaneously happy and sad. That will be me in a month.

My Yamaha is an older YSP model, so it used to be very high end, but now is like, $399 on Amazon. But it just works so goddamn well that I had my cabinets built to fit it exactly.

abmVKmp.jpg

Sub is hidden in cabinets. And look at the position of the Kinect and the position of the surround bar. Yet the Kinect IR blaster EASILY changes inputs etc on the surround bar.

El_Chino

My Yamaha is an older YSP model, so it used to be very high end, but now is like, $399 on Amazon. But it just works so goddamn well that I had my cabinets built to fit it exactly.

abmVKmp.jpg

Sub is hidden in cabinets. And look at the position of the Kinect and the position of the surround bar. Yet the Kinect IR blaster EASILY changes inputs etc on the surround bar.

That white X1 though! So jealous...

senador

Banned

abmVKmp.jpg

That is one sexy setup.

I absolutely love Kinect for controlling my TV and surround sound. Gestures are meh but I use voice commands all the time. I don't care about it in games (yet) but I think it has a lotion potential like the stuff they talked about seeing if you were scared or lights were off, etc. Hoping it doesn't lose all support now with the recent changes. I was a hater and became a believer as soon as I hooked it up. I want to see more with it.

Finally showed my dad the Xbox One the other day and he was way impressed with what Kinect could do. It was funny how he acted. Total awe. He says he should just get an Xbox instead of a new Blu Ray player. He has home audio, dish, and needs a blu ray player, also wants to get into Netflix and Hulu etc but and doesn't have any devices to watch via TV. I really hope MS didn't/doesn't blow this kind of strategy.

*shrug*

abmVKmp.jpg

You need to fill up empty shelves on the left side brohammed.

I hear Halo has a bunch of comics and novels you could buy to put on them.

Top Bottom