• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

lawful

Banned
So... 4 player local co-op, FarCry 2's map editor, Zanzibar re-re-re-remake, dual wielding, CE pistol, blue sentinel beam, Reach GL, VISR mode, first person view when in Warthog passenger... this is all confirmed right?

If it is any consolation, it wouldn't have MP (especially if they make Halo 2 Anniversary to have MP, can't splinter the player base too much).

If CE comes you can bet your ass it will just be CE:A HD. Don't start expecting multiplayer. They already said pc netcode is too shitty and they can't add netcode to the game without massive effort.

Halo 2 will most likely be the focus for multiplayer. Based on what phil said.

Yeah I know, but I just want to play through the campaign with an Xbox One controller.

EDIT:
So... 4 player local co-op, FarCry 2's map editor, Zanzibar re-re-re-remake, dual wielding, CE pistol, blue sentinel beam, Reach GL, VISR mode, first person view when in Warthog passenger... this is all confirmed right?
Sounds legit.

Also those people that say "people still care about halo?" Annoy me to death.
Look at the fucking attention this little reveal got in the last 12+ hours and tell me people don't care.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
In theory it shouldnt be that hard to plug into the Halo 3 existing servers. It's the same game just at a different resolution.

Halo 2 will be the focus. Halo 3 and 4 will most likely be straight resolution upgrade ports.

You're still misunderstanding. Splitting the player-base: between H2 and H3.

lawful

Banned
I understand why CE:A had no online MP. I get that, I really do and I'm not too salty about it either. But for fucks sake, what was so wrong about keeping the local MP on it? with that new graphics filter and LAN support.

People are not playing Halo 3. The only difference is you might have a few hundred more people playing Halo 3 if you bring it to xbox one. Halo 2 will be the drive. It's going to be made for xbox one HD port with shiny everything.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
look at Halo 4, 343 isnt worried about splitting the player base.

What are you talking about, H4 is their most recent release. If they release H2, H3 and whatever else with multiplayer simultaneously that poses a current choice for Halo players to make, among the other Halo titles of the past they could choose to play.

They have no control over people going back and playing Reach or whatever, but consciously dividing the community makes no sense, I don't understand how you guys can't see why they would never release this collection the way it's described.

People are not playing Halo 3. The only difference is you might have a few hundred more people playing Halo 3 if you bring it to xbox one. Halo 2 will be the drive. It's going to be made for xbox one HD port with shiny everything.

Uh...

mhi

My guess is that H2 is going to be the only one with MP support, and rightfully so, out of the whole remake collection.

ElRenoRaven

I don't think they will. I think we'd likely see some single multiplayer be it Halo 2, 3, or 4's. Then we'd see some of the best of the best maps from all the halo games ported to it. Either that or just have Halo 2's multiplayer and that be it.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I don't think they will. I think we'd likely see some single multiplayer be it Halo 2, 3, or 4's. Then we'd see some of the best of the best maps from all the halo games ported to it. Either that or just have Halo 2's multiplayer and that be it.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. People will riot from exclusion of either H2 or H3.

What are you talking about, H4 is their most recent release. If they release H2, H3 and whatever else with multiplayer simultaneously that poses a current choice for Halo players to make, among the other Halo titles of the past they could choose to play.

They have no control over people going back and playing Reach or whatever, but consciously dividing the community makes no sense, I don't understand how you guys can't see why they would never release this collection the way it's described.

Because these are HD ports not new releases. If it was Halo 3 HD remake then I could see the argument but it's not it's 1080p Halo 3. People will play it but the marketing focus will be H2:A. If we believe Ntkrnl the only way to get H3 and H4 ports will be via the war collection which limits the players anyway.

H2:Anniversary will be the 2014 Halo push. Everything else is gravy. Halo 3 exist now and it's not getting attention. Halo 4 and Reach are the current titles.

TheOddOne

Ghal doesn't like me.

Maybe if everyone promises to be nice!
worth+a+good+chuckle+_0f7d51afcf9bb30a8af55a5260e13f0d.gif

Homeboyd

Is it the thread title that's important or what? Seems to me you can just talk about halo (5, 2A, 3B, whatever) or spiders or beer here.

I would bet Lisa Ann that it is.

No way that wasn't a controlled leak. Basically MS's entire fall lineup.

What? Nktrnl didn't leak anything we didn't already suspect or know.

We knew Sunset Overdrive and Quatum Break were 2014 titles, all he did was confirm.
We knew we'd get Halo 2 Anniversary, all he did was confirm it and also surprise us by letting us know it'd include Halo 3/Halo 4.
We knew Forza Horizon 2 was coming, he just confirmed it.

All he let us know that was knew is that Titanfall was planned to get a Special Edition Console, and Sunset Overdrive is getting a special edition console, and Microsoft is considering a $399 Xbox One.

He didn't spoil anything already not known. Only "new" games he told us about was a Platinum deal was going on, which CBOAT already said, so we knew that already.

Sorry, I meant Halo 2 multiplayer.

i've been pretty consistent about not getting H2 mp but if this is true i don't think there will be any mp. Do you really think they will port all those games mp? Best you can hope for is H4 with some maps and some classic modes, 1 flag, assault, ranked?

RANKED!

i've been pretty consistent about not getting H2 mp but if this is true i don't think there will be any mp. Do you really think they will port all those games mp? Best you can hope for is H4 with some maps and some classic modes, 1 flag, assault, ranked?

RANKED!

I dont think so. it'll be their top 200 shit again

blamite

I'm glad that the new Spartan isn't Palmer (or Cortana, but that idea was too dumb to be real) but I'm kinda of disappointed it's another dude. All the female Spartans are either dead, trapped in the books and comics, or Palmer.

Top Bottom