• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

I'm guessing this was because they hated it and not because they heard MS was making it free soon so they wouldn't need the disk anymore.

Shame. I liked Halo 3. :/

Ya H3 made him rage, but after Reach came out and he hated that even more than H3, he got another copy of Halo 3.

I lol'd

Does anyone else really hate the metalwork in Halo 4? Even down to the sound design, everything feels like it's covered in vaseline. Despite the pastel-ish color palette everything looks way too shiny and all the metal noises feel unnecessarily "squishy" like crouching and Chief hitting the wall in the cutscene where the Didact comes out of his Cryptum.

DeadNames

Banned
Does anyone else really hate the metalwork in Halo 4? Even down to the sound design, everything feels like it's covered in vaseline. Despite the pastel-ish color palette everything looks way too shiny and all the metal noises feel unnecessarily "squishy" like crouching and Chief hitting the wall in the cutscene where the Didact comes out of his Cryptum.

I agree about the part with the wall part.

All the sounds in the game were weird... sounded like they were distant or something. At first I thought there was something wrong with my game haha.

JDHarbs

Ya H3 made him rage, but after Reach came out and he hated that even more than H3, he got another copy of Halo 3.

I lol'd
Its understandable. Its seems to be the same trend for most Halo players since 3. "I didn't love the last game, but its still better than the new one."

TCKaos

I really wish they'd add an option to disable ripping out turrets. It was like okay that's neat in Halo 3, but it'd be nice if you could actually account for fixed turrets in maps. Even if you put them in a spot that doesn't make them broken, someone can just take them to a spot that does, so you just avoid forging them into a map.

Really, just remove the feature completely, the turret is the only third person weapon left I think

They should just make it so that you can place the non-mounted turret on the map as a replacement for the SAW.

And the Concussion Rifle does actually need a buff, for what it's worth. It takes three direct hits to score a kill with the thing. Make it two shots to kill and replace the FRG with it on every map with a FRG. Halo 5 needs to see the FRG return to it's heat based form in Halo PC with the dropping projectiles that don't bounce. It fires larger versions of the same rounds used by the Carbine, so there's no reason it should bounce like it does.

Did anyone here download the KSoft Megalo tool?

I'll be checking it out later this week or on the weekend. I've got to set up a new VM on my laptop for this, I wouldn't put custom mods/DLL's like this on a work system. I wonder if they'll release the source code behind this?

Karl2177

I'll be checking it out later this week or on the weekend. I've got to set up a new VM on my laptop for this, I wouldn't put custom mods/DLL's like this on a work system. I wonder if they'll release the source code behind this?

It requires either Win7 or Win8, so make sure the VM is using one of those. I've been trying sporadically for about 24 hours to get it to work, but I haven't had any luck. My first issue was the anti-virus automatically deleting it, so I created an exception for it. Now I'm having the same issue as a few people on se7ensins, and nobody has been able to figure it out so far. If you (or anyone else for that matter) get it to work, let me know.

PNut

Banned
Scythe is the worst forge map in the game to be honest. It halfway works for TD's but that's about it. In 4v4 it feels like you're in a maze with the teleporters and weird geometry. Even the initial push for Sniper is awkward. Just remove and replace it with that Narrows clone map.

Also, the problem with the SAW now is that it shouldn't be an option in personal ordinance. I've been on both sides of winning or losing close games because it's called down. It was a POWER WEAPON even before the buff. Seems odd no one picked up on this during playtests.

It requires either Win7 or Win8, so make sure the VM is using one of those. I've been trying sporadically for about 24 hours to get it to work, but I haven't had any luck. My first issue was the anti-virus automatically deleting it, so I created an exception for it. Now I'm having the same issue as a few people on se7ensins, and nobody has been able to figure it out so far. If you (or anyone else for that matter) get it to work, let me know.

Will do mate. I've had an initial glance at the requirements and seems visual studio 2012 with .net 4.5 installed then use the command line launcher with some parameters ensuring double quotes to the install path. I'll try to dive in tonight but most likely won't have time until WED. Also spotted a few win8 users who downgraded or ran win7 VM's with more success.

Understanding MegaloScript

MegaloScript and KSoft

FIRE YOUR GUNS
IT'S TIME TO RUN
BLOW ME AWAY

iSUH4sCatsvB2.gif

I felt like doing the same tonight. First time I've played since maybe April or so, and man, I just find this game to be a mess and infuriating. Only took 3 games too.
I played Reach all day Sunday, and god help me it was more enjoyable than Shitfinity H4lo. It's either Opus or Scythe now 90% of the time, and Haven barely shows up. Throwdown settings are really good and far better than the excessive garbage that litters IS, but it's tough for a mediocre player like myself to get good matches in a playlist with less than 400 people.

But hey, maybe tiny Spartans and big weapons are just the light-hearted things that I've never known that I've always wanted in a playlist.

Karl2177

Will do mate. I've had an initial glance at the requirements and seems visual studio 2012 with .net 4.5 installed then use the command line launcher with some parameters ensuring double quotes to the install path. I'll try to dive in tonight but most likely won't have time until WED. Also spotted a few win8 users who downgraded or ran win7 VM's with more success.
I'm going to try on a 32 bit machine tonight, see if that makes any difference.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/now-you-too-can-wield-megaloscript.936773/page-5#post-6955374

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Ghazi

Anywayyyyyyyy, I'll be on Halo running 2v2 customs tonight if anyone wants to join up. Might be a little redundant but I promise everything we play will be good.

What time? I'm assuming that you don't want us to play the piles of trash that are 1,2,3, Wars, or Reach and only the highest of quality products called Halo 4.

Juices is my homeboy.
That's not how it sounds behind your back.

Tawpgun

The split is better because the thread doesn't move a million posts per hour full of shitty posts.

I might be on some H4 later.

Duji

Did anyone here download the KSoft Megalo tool?

I would love to try out a 4 shot DMR with low aim assist if I knew how to use that tool.

Also are there any inertia/acceleration variables that can be altered to improve the strafing responsiveness?

Should of just Craigslist'd that game. I know people give me shit about my flip flopping with Halo 4, but I returned it for full retail value, then bought it used for $30 a few months later. Not really a loss.

daedalius

Played on a monitor last night, too bad its ancient and I think it lags even worse than my 60" plasma.

HDMI -> DVI doesn't appear to work very well on it.

Ghazi

Played on a monitor last night, too bad its ancient and I think it lags even worse than my 60" plasma.

Really? I've always wanted to connect my Xbox to my Optiquest 22" but I required a converter from HDMI to DVI. Man, if there's lag it sounds like it'll blow playing on my monitor. I mean, I'm fairly certain it's got a 60+ hz refresh rate; but the converter might cause issues I suppose.

Anyone wanna help test my map Synthesis tonight? It got some major revisions so it plays like Chill Out + Damnation + Foundation + Rat Race.

Also, anyone here have any experience with 3D modeling?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Shouldn't be a lag issue in the "conversion" because the digital signal should go through unaltered or processed UNLESS the monitor is doing added processing. That is to say unless it's a weird converter, it's basically just doing a pin to pin adapt. You should check the monitor settings and turn every single image "enhancement" off. And if it's an older flavor of DVI, you won't be able to watch movies on it.

HDMI -> DVI shouldn't add any delay. It's literally just ignoring the audio from the HDMI and passing-through the video. I'm willing to bet ONES OF DOLLARS that it's just a mediocre/old monitor is all.

EDIT: Stinkles'd. Work internet could not be any slower today. Frickin' 10 minutes for that to post? Fuck.

Karl2177

I would love to try out a 4 shot DMR with low aim assist if I knew how to use that tool.

Also are there any inertia/acceleration variables that can be altered to improve the strafing responsiveness?
There's one called turn speed, but I'm not sure what that one exactly does. It sounds like it would change the sensitivity, but I didn't think Megalo could do that.

Top Bottom