• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Ghazi

We posting what we listen to while playing Halo/Games?

I believe we are.

lol, this shit is relaxing to listen to; but I don't listen to music while I play vidya gaems unless it's DMC or training in fighting games.

edit: You guys don't understand how powerful I feel to be able to just completely stop conversations (like this one) and everyone from posting for awhile in just one measly post.

ALL THE POWER!

daedalius

Pretty sure its just a really old monitor. If I was feeling really ambitious I could just try it out with my computer monitor.

But that is a lot of effort.

wwm0nkey

That is actually really nice music. Speaking of Ghost in the Shell, did you see Nexon's making a Ghost in the Shell game? Something I'm really looking forward too.

I hope thats good.

Also Ghost in the Shell music goes really well with Halo MP, doesn't work in too many games but for Halo its perfect.

I enjoy the mechanic, but it gets tired in CoD. I'd like to see it in a SciFi world in a competitive setting like Halo, with 343's spin on it.
Go play Titanfall. Destiny will have a competitive mode too.

But to be serious for a moment, that's not something I want to hear. So many games have ADS now, I don't want another to go down that alleyway.

I'm going to try on a 32 bit machine tonight, see if that makes any difference.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/now-you-too-can-wield-megaloscript.936773/page-5#post-6955374

Some also reported to run it as admin, so there is that.

I'd be, its against the central tenents of Halo.

Pardon my French but FUCK ADS in Halo, no way and no how I am with Juices on this one.

Also, anyone here have any experience with 3D modeling?

I am a beginner to intermediate user of 3DS Max. Average user with splines or meshes for modelling but I don't get into software like Poser or Rhino. What did you want to know or do?

Fuchsdh

Yeah I think ADS is along the lines of not having a shield in sort of breaking core Halo to me, especially given that scopes vs. automatics is such a big part of the gameplay.

Tawpgun

Would I be surprised if Halo 5 has ADS in which your movement and sensitivity slows down in order to help you aim? Yes. I don't think that's coming to a mainstay Halo game anytime soon.

Would I be surprised if Halo 5 has a zoom mechanic thats similar to ADS but is more like a re-skinned zoom in? Not really. I hope it doesn't happen, but given what Halo 4 was, it wouldn't surprise me.

What would be funny, is if they included an option to turn ADS in the classic sense on.

Just so players would be able to scope into the LED counter of an AR or even a BR scope and be slowed down just to get pooped on by the real Halo players. The mechanic would ruin Halo gameplay.

TCKaos

Turning ADS on/off purely from a graphical standpoint would be nifty (think of it like hold/toggle crouch, where toggle zoom is what we've had thus far). Instead of playing through the whole physical zoom, you just bring the sight of the rifle up and are introduced the zoom that way. No movement speed changes, nothing fancy, just you bring the sight up instead of watching your screen zoom in.

I don't think that in this way it'd be inherently out of place, and fishermen might feel right at home.

Fotos

Hey if anyone wants a Halo Anniversary map pack code I could sell it to you for like 10 bucks.

I would post in the B/S/T thread but I thought someone would want it here.

Does anyone even play Reach anymore?

Turning ADS on/off purely from a graphical standpoint would be nifty (think of it like hold/toggle crouch, where toggle zoom is what we've had thus far). Instead of playing through the whole physical zoom, you just bring the sight of the rifle up and are introduced the zoom that way. No movement speed changes, nothing fancy, just you bring the sight up instead of watching your screen zoom in.

I don't think that in this way it'd be inherently out of place, and fishermen might feel right at home.

Hate to get canonical but Spartans have zoom in the helmet visors linked to their weapons. There is literally no need for them to aim down sights.

Hate to get canonical but Spartans have zoom in the helmet visors linked to their weapons. There is literally no need for them to aim down sights.

It's a shame the war with Didact forced the creation of the Spartan 3.5s who don't have that luxury...

(oh and I was seeing if anyone wanted to model characters for Livechamber)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
H5 will have ADS anyway because Master Chief's visor is cracked so he can't link up his hacks.

TAKE THAT CANON

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or suffer from amnesia.

Not being sarcastic in the slightest. It's one of the core things I consider to make Halo feel like Halo to me. Zooming in but also strafing while being zoomed in.

Top Bottom