• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Never ignore, ignore is for Casuals.

I'm king of the shitlords, I'm the best at being a filthy casual.

I'm with Speedy on this one. Please don't. I can't handle another dead Halo OT. Sorry
Oddone
never forget OT17...

Protip: anytime I get banned and ghost-post in a Halo thread (either the OP or a separate post), it'll make HaloGAF implode politically and get itself killed for a few months.

OT 20? Ew.

Can't we just call it something different and start from 1 again? Rebranding and all that.

Halo |OT: Guardians|

Can we get a kickass Halo 3 trailer quality like Starry Night for Halo 5 Guardians instead of the odd live action Halo 4 one (except the E3 2012, which was good)? Thanks.

TheOddOne

I'm with Speedy on this one. Please don't. I can't handle another dead Halo OT. Sorry
Oddone
never forget OT17...
I chalk that up to the Elzar curse, a mysterious force which threatens everything and everyone. Many respected scientists and monks say that after Elzar left the HaloGAF halls, the curse started to grow weaker. It has been speculated that it might have even gone mobile, so the possibility of rearing its ugly head once more is very likely. What triggers it? Scientist are very decisive on the subject. Some argue that Elzar might be the reincarnation of the devil, others argue that he was sent by monkeys to teach the right way to fling poop. My thoughts? Elzar smells. Back to you, John.

Hola, soy nuevo y no me ubico muxo en esto de los fors, queria saber si alguien sabe como construir una dobladora d etubos(pipe bender), vi que un integrante del foro tenia una antigua, me gustatia saber si puede compartir las dimensiones(un planito), lo d ela bomba se cambia por una gata hidraulica y listo.
Gracias de antemano y muy buen foro

Fuchsdh

That's some really nice environment art.

What's funny about that shot is that the Forerunner aesthetic looks a lot closer to Halo 4 than the game it was created for (Halo 3). As I recall the final control room was much more stripped down. Was kind of bummed it wasn't a total recreation of the Halo 1 location though.

I chalk that up to the Elzar curse, a mysterious force which threatens everything and everyone. Many respected scientists and monks say that after Elzar left the HaloGAF halls, the curse started to grow weaker. It has been speculated that it might have even gone mobile, so the possibility of rearing its ugly head once more is very likely. What triggers it? Scientist are very decisive on the subject. Some argue that Elzar might be the reincarnation of the devil, others argue that he was sent by monkeys to teach the right way to fling poop. My thoughts? Elzar smells. Back to you, John.

It was a damn nice OT, is the real shame. Why couldn't one of the Booties ones been locked instead.

jem0208

I think Randy is really an insider and all these random "improvements" are actually Halo 5 leaks.

Now the question is whether it's a controlled leak or not....

/s

Mistel

Banned
Better go with a bang, I guess.
Would a gif of 180 terajoule explosion destroying a house do?
What's funny about that shot is that the Forerunner aesthetic looks a lot closer to Halo 4 than the game it was created for (Halo 3). As I recall the final control room was much more stripped down. Was kind of bummed it wasn't a total recreation of the Halo 1 location though.
It does look very much akin to a hybrid of 4's forerunner aesthetics with the older original style.

TheOddOne

what the hell is going on in here
Halo: is the community even there anymore?

‘I never asked for this,’ says the artist formerly known as Wahrer, who is a frequent poster on the popular message board NeoGAF. ‘I have never been more disgusted about the state of the community section of NeoGAF, specifically that of HaloGAF’, he says. NeoGAF has different sub cultures in which diverse subjects can be discussed, such as music, animation and more. One of the larger and persistent communities is HaloGAF, which dedicated to the popular Xbox franchise Halo. Halo has generated 3 billion dollar so far from it’s long running videogames series, books, comics and plethora of other ventures.

Since the release of Halo 4 in 2012, the HaloGAF community has been plagued with departures of veterans posters. When asked about the departures and waning interest, the community responded with mixed emotions. ‘Mostly because Halo 4 chased the Call of Duty formula and forgot its roots’, says Ramirez, one of the few veterans that stayed. Many others that were surveyed also noted that Halo 4 took too many ideas from the popular Activision first-person shooter Call of Duty. That franchise is known for its Perks system, which adds all kinds of boosts to each individual player.

Others were more vocal: ‘It was a peace of sh-t game that nobody wanted but was made to please some suits up in Redmond’, lambast user Ragnarok Flames. ‘I am not impressed with how 343 Industries has taken Halo, I am done with their sh-tty attitude and smugness. I wish Bungie would make them again’, pleads user Francas. Halo 4 was the first outing for the Microsoft owned 343 industries, a brand new studio created to shepherd the Halo franchise after the original Halo developer Bungie split off from Microsoft in 2007. They are now creating—ironically—a new franchise for the Call of Duty publisher Activision.

Some longtime HaloGAF members try to make the best of the game they bought. User Gabotron ES for example tries to help the community by going through the games code and trying to fix problems the community have with Halo 4. There are very few bright spots that keep the community going however, there is even more caution and apprehension on the future of the Halo franchise. ‘I am glad that they hired some pro-gamers and have actually started to embrace ranking, but in the back of my mind I just can’t shake the feeling that they have not learned from Halo 4’, says user CyReN. ‘I will keep reading on any new Halo, but I am not going buy them on the first day anymore’, replies user Overdoziz. 343 Industries has tried to appease these fans by announcing that the new game in the series, Halo 5: Guardians, will run at 60fps and will have dedicated servers. Fans, while appreciative, still feel that it’s not enough and the notion of ‘show us you guys have learned’ is heavy within the boards.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
6WtZluN.gif

Like the Rocket Launcher's ammo pick up on Ivory Tower, “Ammo Packs” (just the ammo, not the weapon) could be placed as on map pick ups. Ammo Packs placed on map, that only players carrying the corresponding weapon can pick up, give players an objective to push towards even after securing a power weapon. Dividing the power weapon’s ammo, one clip pre loaded into the weapon and the other clip placed in a discrete Ammo Pack, requires the player to move the greatest distance in order to collect the greatest reward.

Like the Rocket Launcher's ammo pick up on Ivory Tower, “Ammo Packs” (just the ammo, not the weapon) could be placed as on map pick ups. Ammo Packs placed on map, that only players carrying the corresponding weapon can pick up, give players an objective to push towards even after securing a power weapon. Dividing the power weapon’s ammo, one clip pre loaded into the weapon and the other clip placed in a discrete Ammo Pack, requires the player to move the greatest distance in order to collect the greatest reward.
Place Power Weapons out of map.
Ship it.

Defect

Who is this guy?

Contrasting the Battle Rifle and Covenant Carbine in Relation to the Descope Mechanic

Requirements:

A burst fire weapon with a long delay between bursts.

A semi automatic weapon with a short delay between shots.

A mechanic that descopes a player if he is shot while in scope.

Ramifications:

The longer duration burst of the BR keeps an enemy out of scope longer but the delay between bursts is longer as well.

The shorter duration shot of the Carbine keeps an enemy out of scope shorter but the delay between shots is also shorter.

The longer required time on target for 100% damage from each BR burst makes obtaining the optimum kill time more difficult.

The greater number of shots to kill, in addition to the faster rate of fire, from the Carbine makes obtaining the optimum kill time more difficult.

The burst fire BR can sweep for headshots, making the user less likely to miss a headshot.

The semi automatic Carbine can place individual shots faster so a missed headshot is punished less.

First time I see Halogaf imploding like th....

Hola, soy nuevo y no me ubico muxo en esto de los fors, queria saber si alguien sabe como construir una dobladora d etubos(pipe bender), vi que un integrante del foro tenia una antigua, me gustatia saber si puede compartir las dimensiones(un planito), lo d ela bomba se cambia por una gata hidraulica y listo.
Gracias de antemano y muy buen foro

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

Dub117

Contrasting the Battle Rifle and Covenant Carbine in Relation to the Descope Mechanic

Requirements:

Ramifications:

The longer duration burst of the BR keeps an enemy out of scope longer but the delay between bursts is longer as well.

The shorter duration shot of the Carbine keeps an enemy out of scope shorter but the delay between shots is also shorter.

The longer required time on target for 100% damage from each BR burst makes obtaining the optimum kill time more difficult.

The greater number of shots to kill, in addition to the faster rate of fire, from the Carbine makes obtaining the optimum kill time more difficult.

The burst fire BR can sweep for headshots, making the user less likely to miss a headshot.

The semi automatic Carbine can place individual shots faster so a missed headshot is punished less.
Thank you, captain hindsight.

u4iX

Requirements:

Ramifications:

olFuFgZ.gif

A Danger Zone is an area on a map that causes players within to be attacked by automated defenses. Like on Sandtrap or Snowbound, the automated defenses can range from Bouncing Betties to Auto Turrets. Target specific automated defenses, like Anti Aircraft Turrets, could target only aerial vehicles. EMP Mines could only be tripped by ground vehicles. Quicksand could only affect slow moving vehicles. A continuous environmental effect, like Acid Rain, could affect players the moment they enter. An occasional environmental effect, like a Meteor Shower, could crash down in a sweeping wave that players can avoid if they time their movement correctly. Roaming Sentinels could attack anything that enters on a Forerunner themed map. Roaming Flood Forms could attack anything that enters on a Halo Ring themed map. Mounted Tractor Beams could pull vehicles back into the designed playspace, without damaging them, to prevent them from leaving the map. Large EMP blasts, that occur above the map on a regular basis, could cause aerial vehicles to drop back down into the map’s designated airspace.

Dub117

A Danger Zone is an area on a map that causes players within to be attacked by automated defenses. Like on Sandtrap or Snowbound, the automated defenses can range from Bouncing Betties to Auto Turrets. Target specific automated defenses, like Anti Aircraft Turrets, could target only aerial vehicles. EMP Mines could only be tripped by ground vehicles. Quicksand could only affect slow moving vehicles. A continuous environmental effect, like Acid Rain, could affect players the moment they enter. An occasional environmental effect, like a Meteor Shower, could crash down in a sweeping wave that players can avoid if they time their movement correctly. Roaming Sentinels could attack anything that enters on a Forerunner themed map. Roaming Flood Forms could attack anything that enters on a Halo Ring themed map. Mounted Tractor Beams could pull vehicles back into the designed playspace, without damaging them, to prevent them from leaving the map. Large EMP blasts, that occur above the map on a regular basis, could cause aerial vehicles to drop back down into the map’s designated airspace.
Because we need randomness to determine how good one team is versus the other. oh wait... Nope. /opinion

Madness

Randy must be punishment from r/Halo for all that fun HaloGAF made of them a while back, especially regarding H2A. On-topic spamming, it's a first for me.

Top Bottom