• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

belushy

Banned
"-Forge and Theater will be available as well. All related bugs and issues have been fixed."

What exactly does that mean?

Precision editing in Halo 4?

Can't think of anything for Halo 3... they better not fix the geomerging stuff. Well, they can fix that if they add in phasing.

"-Forge and Theater will be available as well. All related bugs and issues have been fixed."

What exactly does that mean?

Id guess fine editing modes in halo 4, and a fix to halo 3's start new round glitch that can delete your progress if you havent saved. Would love phasing for halo 3 forge though.

This page is my favorite page.

All the good ones were taken IIRC. Anyway, it's the same as my twitter handle. Consistency and all that.

Man, I forgot just how good the Halo 4 OST is, it's not Marty level, but it's still really damn good. I just hope they bring back more motifs for Halo 5. Judging by E3, where they had the E-dorian theme play at least 3 times, I think we'll hear it. I really want to hear the whole theme in all it's glory to return.

Im trying to rebuild my friends list with people who are active on H3. If any of you are down for some H3 customs, either MLG or mess around customs like Jenga, Duck Hunt, Ice Cream Man, etc. send me a pm with ur GT or add Tripl3 Ocho.

Man, I forgot just how good the Halo 4 OST is, it's not Marty level, but it's still really damn good. I just hope they bring back more motifs for Halo 5. Judging by E3, where they had the E-dorian theme play at least 3 times, I think we'll hear it. I really want to hear the whole theme in all it's glory to return.

I was listening to it yesterday and I'm in agreement, even with the first installment. I think the main problem I have with the community's outlook on it is that we can only have Marty-style music or Davidge-style, rather than both. As much as I like the classic Halo themes, I also think Davidge and Jinnouchi brought a lot of solid work to the table - 117 is really emblematic of 343-era Chief and gives him a really meaty assortment of sound, while the Halo theme would work well for... well, actual Halos. To Galaxy for the Infinity, and so on and so forth.

As far as minor "character themes" go, Intruders is one of my favorite flavor-of-the-times tracks ever, and I think Revival's got my favorite alternative take on modern music's "BWOONNNNNGGGG" trend ever. You guys remember those mildly deep synth "brrrrrrms" in the Concept Art Trailer? The climax of Revival (the "DA-NA-NA-NA-NAA-BWOOOOOWWWW" thing) is the more finished product of that, in case anyone didn't notice.

Immaterial is honestly probably my favorite Davidge piece on the soundtrack, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Composer's aesthetic or gameplay - it's just so damn depressing and ethereal, and I'd love to play a Halo game that takes that atmosphere and expands it into a fugue cosmic.

Woorloog

Banned
Speaking of fixed bugs for Halo 3, i really, really hope they don't remove access to pan-cam or cap its speed, or prevent taking the camera out of boundaries.

And honestly, i'd very much prefer them to remove some of those invisible walls, Halo 3 doesn't have enough possibilities for vacations.
Getting out of map in Halo 2 was so damn fun.

quoting this from the MCC thread

this video has a CGI cutscene from H2A, if you don't want to be spoiled don't click it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWODLCOINIo gameplay starts around 5:45, doesn't seem like anything new just more gameplay

This must have been behind closed doors demo? Not sure, I'm watching right now though.

halo nightfall starts the day the game is released

halo 2 anniversary has 13 or 30 (??) skulls can't make out what he's saying (11:04)

pre-order bonuses confirmed (again) and depend on retailer 12:50)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Guys, I'm here to annouce that HaloGAF Radio is making it's triumphant return. The fans have asked for it and now it is time to deliver. Although it will still be called HaloGAF radio, you can expect show regulars from HBO, including co-host Louis Wu. Stay tuned.

Day 0

Guys, I'm here to annouce that HaloGAF Radio is making its triumphant return. The fans have asked for it and now it is time to deliver. Although it will still be called HaloGAF radio, you can expect show regulars from HBO, including co-host Louis Wu. Stay tuned.
If you need a guest, I'm up for it!

Guys, I'm here to annouce that HaloGAF Radio is making its triumphant return. The fans have asked for it and now it is time to deliver. Although it will still be called HaloGAF radio, you can expect show regulars from HBO, including co-host Louis Wu. Stay tuned.

boggy ploz.

Let's release eight HaloGAF Radios and then end the ninth with a Reclaimer Radio tease. HaloGAF Radio X takes place in 2552. Then we can release five more Reclaimer Radios before unveiling Wes Craven's New Reclaimer. Finally, it culminates in ReclaimoGAF Radio, which is critically a box office hit.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Random17

Looks like they are maintaining most of the original camera angles, which is nice. Halo 2 had the best cinematic presentation of the Bungie games, in my opinion.

Although the animations were bad, the music/shot direction/dialogue was amazing.

OMG please release that Blur trailer 343! o_O

Lipsyncing to the original audio from Halo 2 is incredible. Love it!

...and then get them to do Halo CE and Halo 3 cutscenes as DLC. ;)

Random17

Gravemind in CGI is something I never realized I wanted.

I want it so bad

Likewise, Tartarus in CGI.

It would be nice if they showed us Halo 2's opening cinematic as an example of Blur's amazing work. Lots of characters, dialogue, and long distance shots to top it off. Fleets from both factions, and their main bases.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Why can't I be on it? Jerks.

Top Bottom