• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

willow ve

Infinity Slayer would be better with no time limit or score limit. Just setup rooms where everyone can join in and out at will and the game lasts forever (score resets/game ends when <2 players remain in the lobby).

This serves the commendation seekers, the casuals, and the kids warming up. Win win win?

If it's not Halo 5 then why the Halo 4 armor? But if it is 5 then why not just say so?

daedalius

Guessing it's Halo 5 in all but name.
At a certain point, the number becomes a bit of a turn off.

Seems that way, maybe we get a cool subtitle instead of 5?

5 is getting a bit long in the tooth anyway... look at Final Fantasy; ugh.

I'm sure I missed it, but what's going on with The Halo Council website?

And why was Master Chief dressed like Darth Maul?

Because robes over Power Armor is awesome? What is there not to understand?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You'd think chief would get some new digs since being back in earth

I think thats the whole point of the cloak, and the cracked visor. He's getting a new set of armor because his is old and broke, they just didn't design it yet/blur didn't model it and didn't want to show the old one.

Or maybe he's on the run from the very people who made that armor. If the UNSC is one of the enemies in Halo 5, that would be veeeeeeery interesting.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm surprised Sony can actually sell the PS3 at $399 given the 8GB DDR5--I'm guessing they're willing to take a bath on that part of the equation, and that's a big reason they're moving to multiplayer subscriptions. For Microsoft's part, I think they're basically throwing in a free Live sub at that price--I don't think they'd put it at $499 if they didn't have to. On one hand it does feel like a PS3 moment, but that was A) more expensive, and B) price ultimately didn't have anything to do with how the 360 ended up dominating; if price had been the single factor the Wii would have remained champ the entire time.

I have no special insight but I definitely get the feeling Sony has one or two more shoes to drop in terms of information.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is kind of random and idk if you could do something about this Frank, but is there someone you could have help me? I keep getting host in H4, and my connection is terrible? It makes everyone playing with me miserable and I don't know why it keeps doing it.

IHaveIce

Banned
This is kind of random and idk if you could do something about this Frank, but is there someone you could have help me? I keep getting host in H4, and my connection is terrible? It makes everyone playing with me miserable and I don't know why it keeps doing it.

Random guy last game : "What is this connection? It is doodoo"
You : " Yeah it is mine"
Guy : "Even your Voice is doodoo"

Karl2177

Have you played on your university's internet since the last patch(about a month and a half ago)?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
pm me your gamertag and I will take a look. And what router modem and provider.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yo Frank I PMed you. Let me know if you need anything else

edit: I didn't see any identification on the modem btw

Vico

So... That wasn't halo 5?

Yes, yes it was:

WCXdZdU.jpg

Someone showed me this. I had never noticed :p
Every Halo title is Halo 5.

IHaveIce

Banned
just a hypothetical, but if possible, would you guys be okay with 343 developing for PlayStation as well as Xbox?

Yes, I absolutely hate the people who start crying because an exclusive franchise goes to the other consoles.

The more people can enjoy what I enjoy the better

I have no special insight but I definitely get the feeling Sony has one or two more shoes to drop in terms of information.
A &#8364;100 shoe :p?

Can't be all roses, definitely. But there enough blooming flowers right in front of us from them.
Mattrick said:
"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360
Jeez, that message control.
Kazuma Jinnouchi. He is our lovely in house composer and he composed many of the tracks from the H4 OST too. You can see a list here but I am on the road and I can't vouch for its accuracy (some might be Neil Davidge or Neil/Kazuma):

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n:163856011,k:Kazuma Jinnouchi
His work on 4's soundtrack was great.

DeadNames

Banned

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Off topic I know but I sat in on a Destiny demo and holy fuck man. Game is gonna be awesome.

Also, Xbox One controller is awesome. I feel like my hands were made to hold it. Can't wait to play the next Halo on it.

-Sent from my Windows 8 by Microsoft. $$$

Homeboyd

Off topic I know but I sat in on a Destiny demo and holy fuck man. Game is gonna be awesome.

Also, Xbox One controller is awesome. I feel like my hands were made to hold it. Can't wait to play the next Halo on it.

So, who won E3? Hard to tell from gaming side.

It has also been on official Xbox Facebook page and other media like on the Forbes website too.

Just an update on this, bs Angel updated me that the official Xbox Facebook and any other media are using the incorrect title of Halo 5. For now the official title is Halo Xbox One.

malfcn

You got into E3? Sweet.

Fuchsdh

A &#8364;100 shoe :p?

Can't be all roses, definitely. But there enough blooming flowers right in front of us from them.
His work on 4's soundtrack was great.

Yeah it's kind of bizarre that Sony leads the pack in terms of standard USB connections, non-proprietary hard drives, etc. for the video game consoles, yet acts basically the opposite in many other areas. (Even now, they're pushing their horrible MemoryStick storage format, although thankfully a lot of their cameras also accept SD(X/H/C) cards too.) I'm still expecting another shoe to drop, but I don't doubt for most people the cheaper price and non-always on business is enough to drive them Sony's way.

And as many here have said, Jinnouchi's work is awesome and I am down with him being Halo's composer going forward. Guy did some excellent work on 4 and deserves more recognition.

EDIT: Also, where do we line up to pay for GAF Gold, so when the main servers get swamped during E3 times we can pay $5 to carry on uninterrupted?

Tashi

So, who won E3? Hard to tell from gaming side.

Hard to tell. MS has the better games it seems, but Sony has the better hardware. That price point is huge man. This holiday is gonna be rough for MS I think. We'll see though.

Also, I'm expecting Titanfall to be a huge title and it's MS exclusive for the moment. Pretty big exclusive.

Yeah it's kind of bizarre that Sony leads the pack in terms of standard USB connections, non-proprietary hard drives, etc. for the video game consoles, yet acts basically the opposite in many other areas. (Even now, they're pushing their horrible MemoryStick storage format, although thankfully a lot of their cameras also accept SD(X/H/C) cards too.) I'm still expecting another shoe to drop, but I don't doubt for most people the cheaper price and non-always on business is enough to drive them Sony's way.
1) I think they've clarified there's no system level drm that 3rd parties can enable like MS, but they can do season passes etc or work their own used game system
2) Means no check in requirement
3) Yeah, their Vita card prices are the one thing that have held me off from getting it
Hard to tell. MS has the better games it seems, but Sony has the better hardware. That price point is huge man. This holiday is gonna be rough for MS I think. We'll see though.
Eh, we'll see how many MS & Sony can make, both will probably sell out. But yeah, could be a rough first half of the year? Europe will be tough for them I think. (And that Asia release date..)

Computer

So Halo 3 is going to be free next month. Is there going to be any kind of update before then? A TU for a hit scan BR would be nice. Hopefully everyone will hop back on H3 would be fun.

Tashi

Doesn't have much of a ring to it. Is this some kind of joke?

They weren't referring to a specific title in my opinion. It was the next gen Halo titles that they talking about. That trailer was Halo 5, Bonnie was talking about Halo for next gen. There is no Halo One.

So Halo 3 is going to be free next month. Is there going to be any kind of update before then? A TU for a hit scan BR would be nice. Hopefully everyone will hop back on H3 would be fun.

Make the BR hit scan will just completely break the game, that weapon is already good.

I was watching a Halo 3 stream earlier today and yeah, while it's an old game the MP side of things looks a little rough, I had a good time with the MP years ago while at uni and probably would now too.

Computer

Make the BR hit scan will just completely break the game, that weapon is already good.

I was watching a Halo 3 stream earlier today and yeah, while it's an old game the MP side of things looks a little rough, I had a good time with the MP years ago while at uni and probably would now too.

It would have been all good but the net code was bad and made the BR very inconsistent. It also gave a host advantage.

Top Bottom