• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am going in for some Team Doubles right now so I can disappoint a lonely match made team mate by starting off right, then raging and going Leroy Jenkins on my own.

Gordon

What exactly is this Team Throwdown I keep hearing about?
Super Slayer v2. Decent competitive settings, name that repels population.

Super Slayer didn't have decent settings, though.
Depends on what you're comparing them to. Compared to vanilla Reach, they were an improvement. Same with Throwdown. It doesn't really fulfill all of the needs, but it's better.

Super Slayer: A bunch of crappy Forge variants, plus armor lock plus camo plus jetpack. A mirror of vanilla TS with mildly less awful base settings. "Decent" and "competitive" don't begin to describe what Super Slayer was.
Okay, instead of "decent" and "competitive" how about "less random than vanilla TS"

Madness

I am going in for some Team Doubles right now so I can disappoint a lonely match made team mate by starting off right, then raging and going Leroy Jenkins on my own.

Imagine the poor guy who gets teamed up with you. He'd probably never know he got screwed over by the franchise development director for halo.

Also, on a side note, does anyone on halogaf know how to write a fluent phrase in Spanish? Preferably South American/Mexican Spanish? Google translate makes it sound awkward and unnatural.

Havok

What exactly is this Team Throwdown I keep hearing about?
Heavily modified versions of Slayer, CTF, Extraction and King of the Hill
4 vs 4
Pre-set game loadouts
Forced respawn timers
No instant respawn
Ordnance on re-supply timers
Join-in-progress off
No split-screen play
Friendly fire on
Max party size 4 with big party matching enforced
No guests allowed

February 18th.
Super Slayer v2. Decent competitive settings, name that repels population.
Super Slayer: A bunch of crappy Forge variants, plus armor lock plus camo plus jetpack. A mirror of vanilla TS with mildly less awful base settings. "Decent" and "competitive" don't begin to describe what Super Slayer was.

Rev3rb

Imagine the poor guy who gets teamed up with you. He'd probably never know he got screwed over by the franchise development director for halo.

Also, on a side note, does anyone on halogaf know how to write a fluent phrase in Spanish? Preferably South American/Mexican Spanish? Google translate makes it sound awkward and unnatural.

Donde esta el Baño?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's some mean slick dagonball Z shit homerun
1357033029715m4zkd.gif

At this point, I just want more gametypes and custom game options.

I just don't understand how they thought not including gametypes like Assault or options for 1 Flag CTF would be okay. It's cool that they added a Grifball gametype, but did they forget how Grifball came to be? Do they realize they prevented such a thing from ever happening again?

yeah, Assault and 1 Flag CTF make most of my fond memories of Halo 2.... I loved the one sided maps like Burial Mounds for those gametypes

woot? what do you want translated

Who thinks that 343 has realized that Halo 4 has major problems and they will undo all of their mistakes in Halo 5 to make a more classic style of Halo?

The only indication that Halo 4 has problems are not all the bitching, its the declining online population. The only reason this is relevant is because that in turn affects DLC purchases. I suspect Halo 5 will have a more equal mix of classic and "new Halo"

Have to remember, 343i still belongs to MS. Would MS consider Halo 4 a failure? No way.

Besides, Halo 5's biggest challenge would be the platform because if these rumors are true that system will sell like shit.

Karl2177

ODST killed Halo because ODST was the only game on the market at that time period, and it didn't have multiplayer, the population just left. Never mind the fact that Modern Warfare 2 came out shortly after, breaking tons of video game release records.

wwm0nkey

I like Doubles A LOT but I don't really have an urge to play it...hmmm if only we had a level system that went up as you did better and would go down as you did worse...but of course such a thing is not possible.

(CSR needs to be in-game)

Nowise10

ODST killed Halo because ODST was the only game on the market at that time period, and it didn't have multiplayer, the population just left. Never mind the fact that Modern Warfare 2 came out shortly after, breaking tons of video game release records.

...what.

Halo is dead.
No way man it's just... resting...

...in peace.

You don't want the maps. Quite possibly the series' weakest mappack and thats before you talk framerate

Two killzone maps and a big version of Longest
I got spoiled because in the old days urk used to shower me with map codes. I am probably not going to pay for the maps, but if someone gave me a code I would totally, totally download them.

Shake, why do you want the maps if you don't like the game?
Because if Team Throwdown is good and uses these maps, then... wait, what? I don't know. I truly don't want to condone Microsoft's DLC practices and I'm not wild about 343 using a purchase as a data point to support their (to my mind) wrongheaded development of the series, so...

You win, Dax.

Edit: wait, you don't like Halo 4 do you? I thought we raised you better than that.

Top Bottom