• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Love the throwaway mentions in The Thursday War.

They still play Hockey? Wtf man, spoiler that shit. Thanks for spoiling it Dani.

Thats it, I give up on following Halo.

Godamn it, you ruined everything.

I am going to accidentally click on a blacked out spoiler one day and have that reaction for real lol

Love the throwaway mentions in The Thursday War.

They've mentioned Waypoint in previous books.

Irrelevant since Ron Paul has all the delegates wrapped up.

I know it's a joke, but damn was the RNC blatant in fucking him over. Shit was cray.

Anyway, since this debate is a town hall, we need someone on the floor in Denver to ask the one question that actually matters: "Will there be multiplayer?"

heckfu

Banned
Anyway, since this debate is a town hall, we need someone on the floor in Denver to ask the one question that actually matters: "Will there be multiplayer?"
I have a friend on the second row tonight. I'm legit asking her right now to get tanked and ask.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just a head's up for anyone that pre-ordered the Halo 4 Limited Edition soundtrack, I just received this email:

Kinda bummed that the soundtrack was delayed (although understandable), however getting an exclusive track isn't a bad payoff.

Sorry, will totes be worth it.

Did they seriously plug Waypoint in the new book?

lmfao

Waypoint is and was actually the UNSC/Civilian colonial comms channel(s) before we launched the site. So we named it after the thing, not the other way around. Not that it makes any difference since it wasn't exposed.

CyReN

CliffyB just announced he's leaving Epic. Dayum.

Crazy news, I loved the Gears series.

edit: from cliffy b thread

zSIRh.jpg

senador

Banned
How do Glasslands and Thursday War compare to The Forerunner Saga books? Many of you are making the former out to not be worth it? I'm not looking for big reveals, but is the story entertaining and interesting?

Bsigg12

Is anybody on here gonna be checking out the Medal of Honor Warfighter open beta? It starts on Friday to all Live Gold members.

Also, I think Cliffy is going to start his own company. You know, it's the only way to make new IPs now.

How do Glasslands and Thursday War compare to The Forerunner Saga books? Many of you are making the former out to not be worth it? I'm not looking for big reveals, but is the story entertaining and interesting?

The Forerunner books are very dry. Great info on the Forerunners and everything but very dry. I can't speak personally for the Kilo Five saga as I haven't finished them yet.

"Mr. President, can you explain the Pentagon's decision to force color guards to hold onto their flags even if they're under enemy fire and would be better off dropping the flags and running for cover? And to Mr. Romney, can you explain what compelled you to write off roughly half of the population as boosters and modders?"

They are different. I like them because of the Black Ops story. No one are the good guys. At the end I am always looking forward to the parts with Forerunner structures still. But Glasslands and The Thursday War aren't bad as most people make them to be.

But goddamnit I want Silentium now. I want it. Give it to me. GIVE ME SILENTIUM NOW.

Enfinit

"Mr. President, can you explain the Pentagon's decision to force color guards to hold onto their flags even if they're under enemy fire and would be better off dropping the flags and running for cover? And to Mr. Romney, can you explain what compelled you to write off roughly half of the population as boosters and modders?"

"Mr. Obama, how to you feel about Professor Oak's treatment of the surrounding environment's inhabitants? Are his methods ethical or moral?"

And Dani, and Hydranockz, and Letters, and Zeo, and all the rest of HaloGAF that doesn't live in America. Of course, they all probably care to a degree given how much US foreign policy affects the world.

Though it makes me sad that some posters in America are only watching the debates for the gold avatar.
Personally I can't wait for the debates. The fact that I get rewarded for watching them is just icing on the cake

So I heard Gary Johnson is a pretty cool guy. I asked around.

I liked him well enough as my governor. I don't care for some of his platform he's running on for prez, but I respect him a heck of a lot more than a certain other governor who's running...

EDIT: He's a crap ton better than Bill Richardson, who was another former governor of mine who was running earlier in the previous election cycle. Fuck that guy.

lilty

Halo book question: I've only read The Fall of Reach and I really enjoyed it. What other novels would you guys recommend? Are there any must reads in the series?

Halo book question: I've only read The Fall of Reach and I really enjoyed it. What other novels would you guys recommend? Are there any must reads in the series?
Some choice responses from when I asked about a month ago.

If you want to get prepared for Halo 4, you should definitely try the Forerunner books. Then FoR, FS, GoO and Glasslands.

Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, Glasslands, the upcoming Thursday War, and the two Greg Bear books seem to be what I'd consider required reading.

I liked Evolutions, but it's not super important in the grand scheme of things. I didn't care for Contact Harvest, though I'm in the minority on that one, or Cole Protocol. As you mentioned, The Flood is best ignored.

First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx + Glasslands = Highly Recommend.

If your gunna get GoO, def pick up Glasslands

(I recommend all the books, cause I love em, but trying to pick fantastic and relevant books)

Contact Harvest is fantastic, and it would be my first suggestion. The "tactical error" occurs on literally the last pages - an epilogue. It's the ending to the book. Had to shoehorn in a happy ending somehow.

Yeah, I think I would revise my statement to be:
The sense of exploration and sandbox from Halo 1, the environments and story from Halo 2, and the large encounters from Halo 3.
Fixed that for you.

Halo campaign of forever.
I can't believe I'm going to put the damn debate on tonight just to get gold spartan avatar armor. What have I become?
Is a chance to become more informed really that bad?
Is anybody on here gonna be checking out the Medal of Honor Warfighter open beta? It starts on Friday to all Live Gold members.
I'll check out the beta, but I'm not expecting much.
People thinking Cliff will get his own studio at Microsoft. Yeah, cats will one day fly and enslave us before that happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if MS would be into that, but I'm not sure that Cliff would want to do that.

TCKaos

They're all pretty good and worth reading if you have the time and money. The only ones that you could really skip and not miss out on much would be Cole Protocol and The Flood. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the Evolutions stories, but there are enough gems to justify the purchase.

darthbob

Waypoint is and was actually the UNSC/Civilian colonial comms channel(s) before we launched the site. So we named it after the thing, not the other way around. Not that it makes any difference since it wasn't exposed.

I checked it out at Halopedia after the fact, and then realized this.

Still a nice coincidence.

Enfinit

Having never read any of the Halo novels, I recently began to dive into them. I was recommended to start chronologically, and I'm interested in reading all of them, however bad. I'm currently halfway through Contact Harvest, and I'm really enjoying it. Staten's a fantastic writer.

Also, what's after Contact Harvest? Actually, what's the order chronologically (minus the Forerunner Saga, of which I'll save until the last three books) of all the novels? I read them written down, but I've long forgotten. Really looking forward to reading them all!

I'll second what others have said about Ghosts of Onyx. Read that first. From there I would go to Evolutions.

Oozer3993

Having never read any of the Halo novels, I recently began to dive into them. I was recommended to start chronologically, and I'm interested in reading all of them, however bad. I'm currently halfway through Contact Harvest, and I'm really enjoying it. Staten's a fantastic writer.

Also, what's after Contact Harvest? Actually, what's the order chronologically (minus the Forerunner Saga, of which I'll save until the last three books) of all the novels? I read them written down, but I've long forgotten. Really looking forward to reading them all!

Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Cole Protocol
Glasslands
Thursday War

Top Bottom