• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Fuchsdh

well what i was getting at is that there's still plenty of much older stuff that can be mined for GwG

plus, making TMCC a GwG title will likely impact Halo 5, something i dont see them wanting to do.

Eh, I think if you're going to play MCC over Halo 5 you're probably already doing it. No thrust, ground pounding, ADS, and more gametypes. Who knows though.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm playing TMCC more than Halo 5 when I need my Halo fix, myself. Not that I have issues with the great gameplay of 5, it's just that there's more to offer on TMCC, including game types and such.

yep, i've been waiting to play Halo 2 online again every since the OG Xbox lost Xbox Live. As fun as Halo 5 is, I will want to play Halo 2 more...

Fuchsdh

Well, I have discovered the worst Halo experience of all time, and it's H2A 3Plots on Zenith. The spawns are horrible.

Luckily, I finished up my splatters. So all I have left for multiplayer is KOTH medals.

I've also run into a bug where H2A campaign progress will count missions you partially completed, then saved and quit and restarted as complete: good for Legendary progress! Bad for Legendary times though, as it's given all the missions that it happened to me a time of 1:40:39. Leaving aside those missions I'm still at 2:40:00-ish with Gravemind and Regret still to go, so there's going to be an equal grind as with CE to get the Monopolized achievement. And then H3 ODST LASO. Oy. So close, yet so far...

Cranster

Banned
I had a craving to go back and start my Halo 2 LASO run as it is the last didiculty achievement I need for the collection. I stopped myself though as I'm still hoping they update the playlist by switching off the Blind Skull.

Fuchsdh

So does anyone have any good tips on the Regret boss battle? It's wrecking me. I got a checkpoint after my first strike on Regret, but I don't seem to be able to trigger another one, even running back to the gondola and running back in.

Montresor

So does anyone have any good tips on the Regret boss battle? It's wrecking me. I got a checkpoint after my first strike on Regret, but I don't seem to be able to trigger another one, even running back to the gondola and running back in.

Is this on Legendary? Is that battle hard even with Scarab Gun and Infinite Ammo?

I still need to do a co-op legendary playthrough of Halo 2 with my brother.

darthbob

Is this on Legendary? Is that battle hard even with Scarab Gun and Infinite Ammo?

Just in case you don't know, H2 Legendary co-op is different than the others because it's basically always got Iron on. If either player dies, it's back to the checkpoint.

Fuchsdh

Not trying to do it with Scarab because I'm still going to have to do the Halo 2 sub-3 hours business.

Akai__

That fight gave me nightmares. You need to constantly bait the enemies to one part of the map, while Regret needs to be on an other. Climb him, punch him and as soon as he drops you climb up any high position, repeat and hope for good RNG.

Montresor

Just in case you don't know, H2 Legendary co-op is different than the others because it's basically always got Iron on. If either player dies, it's back to the checkpoint.

What the heck. I'll probably just do this solo then.

Are Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST co-op like Halo 1? With re-spawns instead of restarts at checkpoints.

Fuchsdh

RIP OG sword flying.

Yes.

I eventually got through it, which polishes off all the campaigns on Legendary, finally. Doing the speed run for Halo 2 will probably be more frustrating than ODST LASO, but hey I get to see which is which!

I think before I was spending too much time worrying about the honor guards when the Grunts are really the big issue. They're absolutely viscous plasma pistol users on Legendary.

And yeah the Legendary Iron skull effects on co-op is why my brother and I never got through Cairo Station when we played. This was the first time I actually completed it on Legendary. Yuck.

Fuchsdh

In played this game with friends Sunday night. Parties stayed together and matchmaking times were decent.

As long as you don't try switching host (and when joining a player you don't do anything until they're in your lobby) I've never had the party break up in recent memory. If you *do* try host switching there's like a 25% chance it just breaks you up.

Akai__

Coupple Updates for MCC:

Over the past few weeks, the team has been monitoring MCC playlist and population data and preparing adjustments and playlist consolidations to help players find matches, and find them faster. We’re preparing a series of changes that include a backend adjustment to improve the speed at which matches are formed, as well as some playlist parameter adjustments. We’re also making changes to the following playlists by widening the search range a bit, allowing you to have more players to search with:

Team Halo 2: Anniversary
Team Doubles
Halo: CE
Halo 2 Classic
Halo 3
Halo 4
Team Hardcore

For Team Hardcore, one of the least populated playlists, we’ll be opening up the playlist rules to allow players of nearly all skill levels to match with each other, in an effort to allow more games to be played. We’ll be keeping an eye on playlist data moving forward to determine which playlist can sustain their populations, as well as changes that can be made to ensure that matches are found as quickly as possible.

Lastly, we’re preparing a series of playlist consolidations which will focus on a smaller number of playlists and rotating existing experiences. In the first consolidation, Rumble Pit, the least popular playlist, will be removed, and several (but not all, such as game-specific playlists) of the other playlists will be moved to a rotating, regularly updated calendar. The playlist lineup will also be adjusted so that the ordering represents the most popular playlists, giving you an idea of which playlists might find matches faster. The team is also looking at further playlist updates and refinements regarding voting options, new playlists experiences such as Halo 3 Grifball Throwback and Head to Head.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm

MCD

Wish they fix the shitty lag in coop.

Play Halo 5 with friends: smooth as butter awesome.

Play Halo MCC with friends: shitfest glitch galore lag.

Toa TAK

Banned
Really happy they're still supporting it. Been playing it throughout the week since I still have 500 games to win. Really hope they don't remove infection or action sack.

Super cool that Grifball is coming, though.

Well, Halo 5's campaign runs off dedicated servers, while MCC still uses peer to peer networking for the campaign but Dedis for the multiplayer.

Fuchsdh

Yeah that was never even going to happen even if everything about the MCC had worked perfectly. Campaign co-op was going to be peer-to-peer like the originals and thus as good or as horrible (or generally, just inconsistent) as your experience with those games.

Montresor

Damn still no word on MCC campaign bug fixes?

I still haven't bothered trying the Master Chief Saga Playlist achievement (play Halo 1 to 4 on normal with no skulls in a playlist) because its progress is bugged.

Toa TAK

Banned
Damn still no word on MCC campaign bug fixes?

I still haven't bothered trying the Master Chief Saga Playlist achievement (play Halo 1 to 4 on normal with no skulls in a playlist) because its progress is bugged.

Yeah, it would be great it they could do campaign fixes as well. Especially that Halo 4 cutscene, and just the overall progress gone missing when it comes to the playlists and campaign levels.

willow ve

Don't know why I come back to this game.

Either there are no dedicated servers in matchmaking or they are they worst piece of shit servers in the history of Xbox Live. Seriously. Rubber banding, black screen for minutes at a time, grenades that don't throw - throw late - or don't animate at all. Can't recommend this to anyone. Ever.

Had a couple of team slayer matches last night but I haven't been able to get into any other matches since. A play list update is badly needed but I'd like to see something at e3 which could rushing the spotlight on MCC. A campaign patch plus Reach as dlc is what I'd really like.

Game feels abandoned. But it's still a lot of fun when I come back to it. There's room for both MCC and Halo 5 in my life.

Played some Halo 4 this weekend.

I really hope they tweak the map voting on it because it's pretty much the same 3 maps over and over again. I feel like i'm playing an online demo for H4 instead of the actual game thanks to people voting the same 3 maps every time they pop up

Had a couple of team slayer matches last night but I haven't been able to get into any other matches since. A play list update is badly needed but I'd like to see something at e3 which could rushing the spotlight on MCC. A campaign patch plus Reach as dlc is what I'd really like.

Game feels abandoned. But it's still a lot of fun when I come back to it. There's room for both MCC and Halo 5 in my life.

Damn shame considering this is their premiere franchise and its the only way a lot of younger people will get to experience halo CE, 2 for the first time. It just keeps reminding me on why im now very skeptical in regards to how well i think 343 can handle this franchise.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finally got my first Perfection in TMCC.

Pretty happy, but it was almost a giveaway since it was 4v2 and they were poor players.

They left when it was 48 to 14 (or something like that). But I got my 15 kills and no deaths, so I was pretty happy.

willow ve

The wait times in H2A are basically the wait times in old Arena mode in Reach... so "feels like halo" after all.

Seriously takes 10+ minutes between matches.

I haven't played in months because of the... everything, but is it fixed? I'm redownloading now.

It will never get to 99% fixed as 343 has forever swept it under the rug, and there are still many minor and a couple medium glitches. However overall the biggest functionality problems have been patched to a (not ideal, but) working state.

You can play now. Connections will still be P2P shit, youll end up getting dropped from a couple games now and then, but you can play.

Played some Halo 2 Legendary coop online tonight. It was pretty flawless. Got through the first 2 missions in about 3 hours. Instant reset when one of you dies is brutal but it was a lot of fun.

Still blows my mind how they got online coop working on Halo 1 and Halo 2 when the originals only had split screen. Ran perfectly.

Fuchsdh

Well, this is a new glitch for me:

Screenshot-Original.png

ODST is like that whether in the LASO playlist or randomly selecting a mission. Looks like a delete and redownload is in my future.

Played some Halo 2 Legendary coop online tonight. It was pretty flawless. Got through the first 2 missions in about 3 hours. Instant reset when one of you dies is brutal but it was a lot of fun.

Still blows my mind how they got online coop working on Halo 1 and Halo 2 when the originals only had split screen. Ran perfectly.

It is just me thats bothered by the fact that the shields deplete too fast in halo2? I always preferred having shields and health a la ODST, Reach and CE. I have a lot of trouble enjoying Halo2, 4 & 5 on legendary because of this.

Fuchsdh

It is just me thats bothered by the fact that the shields deplete too fast in halo2? I always preferred having shields and health a la ODST, Reach and CE. I have a lot of trouble enjoying Halo2, 4 & 5 on legendary because of this.

Halo 2 is definitely the worst in that regard, and I don't encounter many people who actually *love* H2 Legendary. 4 and 5 are much more forgiving in general in comparison.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally wrapped up and holy shit Halo 4 has one of the worst QTEs of all time at the end.

I died like over 20 times and when it finally worked I don't even know why. Absolutely ruined the climax of the whole game. "Press RT to fire machine gun" I DID! I did at every possible moment! I used the press early strategy, I used the waiting for key moment strategy, I used the random times strategy, I used the spamming constantly strategy, nothing worked. By time it finally did I was literally using the mash all buttons not just the one it tells you strategy.

I hope none of that shit is in Halo 5.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finally wrapped up and holy shit Halo 4 has one of the worst QTEs of all time at the end.

I died like over 20 times and when it finally worked I don't even know why. Absolutely ruined the climax of the whole game. "Press RT to fire machine gun" I DID! I did at every possible moment! I used the press early strategy, I used the waiting for key moment strategy, I used the random times strategy, I used the spamming constantly strategy, nothing worked. By time it finally did I was literally using the mash all buttons not just the one it tells you strategy.

Don't worry you're good.

Can't say about the CortanaxChief stuff, though. Lol

Dice

TBH the moment I saw something in the story about trying to digitize people as a defense against the Flood I figured if they ever get it to work they'll also learn how to do it in reverse and they're eventually gonna do some Pinocchio shit with Cortana.

The only thing I really don't get about Halo is they have all this fancy technology and Cortana is still a USB stick. Why the fuck can't she access stuff wrielessly? I'm like girl you have like 32 bluetooths, what's wrong with you? At least they got USB to be actually universal because she plugs right into all kinds of alien shit. Galactic standard ports are the great triumph of the future.

It's actually stupidly simple, as is the issue you faced - there's a glitch that causes the MCC version of Halo 4 to somehow erroneously gives the incorrect button prompt in that QTE. All you're just supposed to hit the grenade button. That's it. Not even any difficult timing or anything.

For some reason they never fixed it, despite being present I think since launch.

Dice

That is amazeballs stupid. Why would they leave the ultimate moment of the game ruined?

That is amazeballs stupid. Why would they leave the ultimate moment of the game ruined?

It had several far more severe issues at launch that took up the majority of the focus for patches and fixes. By the time most of those were mostly ironed out MS decided to more or less sweep MCC under the rug. They claimed they wouldn't abandon it after Halo 5, but all they've done is one or two playlist updates.

Top Bottom