• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

DualEdge

While the big controller is long gone, you can still buy the mini-controller for not too much.

Black version: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAOWZPE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

White version: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAOWZQ8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'd spend the extra cash and go with the fulfilled by Amazon choices, but most of the sellers seem quasi-legit.

You can still find the big DX controller on Yahoo Japan auctions from time to time if you are still interested in getting one (just expect to pay a decent amount for it). Got mine brand new from there a few weeks ago; now I just need Tuesday to hurry up and get here :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You can still find the big DX controller on Yahoo Japan auctions from time to time if you are still interested in getting one (just expect to pay a decent amount for it). Got mine brand new from there a few weeks ago; now I just need Tuesday to hurry up and get here :)

You got them to ship internationally? How much are those going for right now btw, I bet it would be a pretty penny still.

Pirabear

Banned
From the GameStop page:

I assume you Americans will be able to Snow Miku at a later date. Unless that disclaimer is on every pre-order bonus.

Thanks, but I ended up pre-ordering from them anyway since I didn't want to risk it based on the wording. I am weak.

DualEdge

I believe for Yahoo Auctions you have to go through a proxy, but I've not actually purchased anything there before.

Correct, I went through FromJapan (my first time with them, I had used Rinkya numerous times before and they always felt too expensive so I decided to try someone else). I want to say that I paid around $70 to get it shipped via Fedex, which I felt was very reasonable considering the size of thing (much bigger than I expected). But man, is it nice!. Even though I never played in the arcade, it really feels like a solid piece of equipment. The fact that you can alternate the buttons to match the arcade cabinet is a nice touch as well, but it's the lights that truely make this feel like a deluxe controller.
I just checked and there are quite a few of the big controllers up right now for around $300 brand new (used might be lower, but that's about right for a new one) for anyone interested. Just be sure to search by 初音ミク instead of "Hatsune Miku" for the most hits (I found this to be the case even on Rinkya/FromJapans own search engines).

Correct, I went through FromJapan (my first time with them, I had used Rinkya numerous times before and they always felt too expensive so I decided to try someone else). I want to say that I paid around $70 to get it shipped via Fedex, which I felt was very reasonable considering the size of thing (much bigger than I expected). But man, is it nice!. Even though I never played in the arcade, it really feels like a solid piece of equipment. The fact that you can alternate the buttons to match the arcade cabinet is a nice touch as well, but it's the lights that truely make this feel like a deluxe controller.
I just checked and there are quite a few of the big controllers up right now for around $300 brand new (used might be lower, but that's about right for a new one) for anyone interested. Just be sure to search by 初音ミク instead of "Hatsune Miku" for the most hits (I found this to be the case even on Rinkya/FromJapans own search engines).

If I come into some extra money I'll give this a try. Thanks for the advice!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
There is a lag calibration tool? I used it when streaming with my capture card to play directly from my computer.

Was referring to K-on! Houkago Live Ps3.

@ DualEdge huh, that price sounds reasonable. I am really considering picking one up now.

mrmickfran

I spent 200 hours on Theatrhythm. I walked in the demo of this game just thinking I was going to destroy this game.

I got creamed.

I can't wait for Tuesday.

I spent 200 hours on Theatrhythm. I walked in the demo of this game just thinking I was going to destroy this game.

I got creamed.

i don't think you realise this BUT you haven't even Tasted what difficulty is if you're going by the demo.
This game has some SERIOUS songs that will make you feel like you're a noob at rythm games..

i don't think you realise this BUT you haven't even Tasted what difficulty is if you're going by the demo.
This game has some SERIOUS songs that will make you feel like you're a noob at rythm games..

I hear this a lot, but I think it's kind of misleading. Project DIVA is unique in that it relies on visual confusion for much of its difficulty; if you break it down, even the hardest song in the game only asks for about 100 actions per minute. In comparison, it's not uncommon for music games with more static interface designs (like beatmania IIDX, for example) to ask for upwards of 400. The interface gives the game a different learning curve from more conventional music games but I think someone intent on playing for score will master Project DIVA faster than any other game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I got creamed.

Like Strcreator said, there is a learning curve. Once you get the button types down, play on harder difficulties, the easier it gets. That, and I can't stress this enough, but you need to calibrate for lag if you're not playing on an crt tv.
Am I the only one think that Vita version is better for this kind of games?

Portable rhythm gaming is good fun, but this game has an amazing visual representation that really blows up on the big screen. That and for the harder songs, I prefer using the controller/ diva mini controller

Like Strcreator said, there is a learning curve. Once you get the button types down, play on harder difficulties, the easier it gets. That, and I can't stress this enough, but you need to calibrate for lag if you're not playing on an crt tv.

Possibly calibrate for lag. Like I said. It's fine on my HDTV.

The one thing I dislike about the buttons is how the d-pad keys use the same colours to mirror the buttons. Threw me off a fair few times at the start.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Possibly calibrate for lag. Like I said. It's fine on my HDTV.

The one thing I dislike about the buttons is how the d-pad keys use the same colours to mirror the buttons. Threw me off a fair few times at the start.

There's been a misunderstanding here. When I was talking about there was no calibration tool, I was specifically referring to K-on! houkago live HD (which was what I was replying to), Not Hatsune Miku Project Diva F.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If you don't own at least one figure of Miku, you can't call yourself a Beleeker.

Beleeker here.
IMG_0372_zps949a8d87.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I also have no problem playing Houkago on any of my HDTVs, one newer, two older. PS3 version is great though.

Anyway, closer to Miku! :3

Interesting, I've that some people cannot deal with the input lag, which is unfortunate because I'd really like to play the hd version but I'm not willing to take that risk.

Anyways, enough derailing the thread. Still unlocking stuff in the vita version, wish I could indulge in the extras the ps3 version had but I'm not going to use another memory card on a japanese account.

I hear this a lot, but I think it's kind of misleading. Project DIVA is unique in that it relies on visual confusion for much of its difficulty; if you break it down, even the hardest song in the game only asks for about 100 actions per minute. In comparison, it's not uncommon for music games with more static interface designs (like beatmania IIDX, for example) to ask for upwards of 400. The interface gives the game a different learning curve from more conventional music games but I think someone intent on playing for score will master Project DIVA faster than any other game.

I'm not saying the game is insanely hard or something , but the demo was quite tame and easy .. "negatives/positives" or "sadistic factory" are quite the challenge to master in extreme difficulty or even on hard difficulty ( even if it's doable ) and the demo was nowhere close that level.

mrmickfran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89p0RyVvOQ

Oh I know what I'm in for. :p

Like Strcreator said, there is a learning curve. Once you get the button types down, play on harder difficulties, the easier it gets. That, and I can't stress this enough, but you need to calibrate for lag if you're not playing on an crt tv

I'm playing the demo on my HD TV with the calibration on 0. Im doing completely fine. :p

Were you only aware of it because I posted a link to it? :p

Either way, Beleekers are a truly terrifying force to be reckoned with...

Oh, I've lusted after it since it was first announced... but I went with the mini-controller on release. While taking a look on From Japan listings, something compelled me to just have a quick look on PA to see if they had any secondhand units going, but it turned out they had a new one for $100 US off. After a short hover over the 'submit order' button, I went for it! I can't wait for it to arrive and get it hooked up. Expect pics and maybe some video :)

Beleek!

___leek____by_kaizeru-d385ujz.gif

I'm not saying the game is insanely hard or something , but the demo was quite tame and easy .. "negatives/positives" or "sadistic factory" are quite the challenge to master in extreme difficulty or even on hard difficulty ( even if it's doable ) and the demo was nowhere close that level.

Pretty sure those songs were perfected within a week of the game coming out. Keep in mind this is a series that has been around for four years and f/F isn't THAT much harder than its immediate predecessor. It's certainly no cakewalk for someone who hasn't been playing the games for very long, but to suggest they're not "doable" is not very reasonable.

DualEdge

Oh, I've lusted after it since it was first announced... but I went with the mini-controller on release. While taking a look on From Japan listings, something compelled me to just have a quick look on PA to see if they had any secondhand units going, but it turned out they had a new one for $100 US off. After a short hover over the 'submit order' button, I went for it! I can't wait for it to arrive and get it hooked up. Expect pics and maybe some video :)

Beleek!

___leek____by_kaizeru-d385ujz.gif

You'll love it! Be sure to let us know your impressions :)

Pretty sure those songs were perfected within a week of the game coming out. Keep in mind this is a series that has been around for four years and f/F isn't THAT much harder than its immediate predecessor. It's certainly no cakewalk for someone who hasn't been playing the games for very long, but to suggest they're not "doable" is not very reasonable.
Did you read what ive wrote ?

First star creator ive been in miku threads with you on gaf.
Second im saying the exact thing as you.
Those songs are doable on extreme difficulty ( where did you pick a negative in my previous sentence ???)

All i was saying back there is that the demo difficulty is NOT representative of what will be in the full game

Did you read what ive wrote ?

First star creator ive been in miku threads with you on gaf.
Second im saying the exact thing as you.
Those songs are doable on extreme difficulty ( where did you pick a negative in my previous sentence ???)

All i was saying back there is that the demo difficulty is NOT representative of what will be in the full game

Managed to misread your post there, sorry. But I'm still not sure why you were replying that to me when I was saying the game as a whole is not on the difficult end of the scale as far as music games go.

Yasumi

Banned
Miku and Jojo will probably be arriving in the mail around the same time. This semester's going to start in a gloriously unproductive way. I can't wait.

Edit: Wait, KH HD and Meruru+ come out soon too? M-my time...

Aytrial

Miku and Jojo will probably be arriving in the mail around the same time. This semester's going to start in a gloriously unproductive way. I can't wait.

Edit: Wait, KH HD and Meruru+ come out soon too? M-my time...

There's never enough of it to go around. :c

Blue-kun

I'd pick it up but no PS3 right now, and I'd rather play it on the Vita, given the kind of game it is. Had a great time with Extend on PSP, and the demo for Diva f on the Vita was just as great.

To people who are turned off by the cute visuals: behind all that there's a quality rhythm game here. Not sure if one of the hardest, since I'm not great at them, but definitely one where it 'feels' good to play, especially if you aren't always able to do great on Extreme and what not. One of my major issues with rhythm games is how sometimes lower difficulties feel more like 'follow the visuals' rather than the music, and Diva games definitely aren't like that. Even 'Normal' and 'Hard' usually feel pretty much 'right', and you can usually get a good grasp of the rhythm of the songs just by playing it.

Plus, even if Miku's/Vocaloids voices aren't for everyone, the songs themselves sure work great for this kind of game, haha.

That said though, hope it does great and I'll be here hoping for a Vita localization, too.

Did I accidentally buy the very last new model in stock from Play Asia last night...?

Hatsune_Miku_-Project_Diva-_F_Controller_for_PS3_266133.3.jpg

*stares at Play-Asia shipping reference email*

Oops :D

Hilarious follow-up to this, it's still on the way but I took a call from my bank earlier - they were making sure it wasn't a fraudulent purchase being made on my card! I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed :D

Hilarious follow-up to this, it's still on the way but I took a call from my bank earlier - they were making sure it wasn't a fraudulent purchase being made on my card! I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed :D

Same thing happened to me even though I explicitly gave my bank a warning call prior to making the purchase, with the added confusion of mine being a preorder so I wasn't sure how long the spend notification was going to last. It all worked out in the end though.

My bank does that once in awhile. Glad they do but I understand where you are coming from ;).

EDIT: Play Asia is showing it's in stock. Now I just need to somehow come up with $500...

RMI

Banned
I'm so stoked for this game. played the hell out of the vita version. ready for the new songs! preordered a while ago and now just playing the waiting game.

Top Bottom