• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

My copy from VG+ has shipped, woooo!

tumblr_mqpxl7vjx91sxe0ono1_500.gif

It's actually pretty surprising they're still selling these. This was a preorder-only item (supposedly) and had presold out; the last time I heard of these being available in the Japanese supply chain was when they released some additional stock freed up by cancelled preorders about half a year ago.

When yours comes in can you let us know what number it is? It should be handwritten on the box:

It's actually pretty surprising they're still selling these. This was a preorder-only item (supposedly) and had presold out; the last time I heard of these being available in the Japanese supply chain was when they released some additional stock freed up by cancelled preorders about half a year ago.

When yours comes in can you let us know what number it is? It should be handwritten on the box:

Sure, can do. I will provide photographic evidence!

DualEdge

Oh wow, I totally didn't even know they were numbered! There is a shipping label placed directly over it, but it just so happens to be translucent so I can see that mine is 1620/2000.

PSA for those in the Los Angeles area: GamePlay in Culver City has been selling this since yesterday. So if you want an early Miku fix, head on down!

As for me, I'm on the fence. I wanted so badly to love this as a huge fan of Japanese rhythm games, but the demo just didn't grab me... and I played it a ton, especially after Miku GAFers here recommended that I give it more time. I like the music quite a bit, and the videos are great, but the actual gameplay just fell flat with me. The notes are sometimes REALLY tough to see against the backgrounds, making it really easy to overlook a few here and there, and I really don't like having to move the analog sticks to hit star notes - it feels too imprecise an input method for rhythm games. I've been playing rhythm games hardcore for years, too, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing...

I don't know. I'll probably buy it anyway just to support games like this being localized for Western audiences, but I really wish I could get into the game more. :/ I'm still really happy a game like this is coming out here at all, though!

So the game didn't get a surprise early release or anything? The EB I preordered from gave me a ring today but didn't leave a message. Not too far out from now anyway.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Well I'm definitely hyped!
o0300022110260588686.gif

My g/f is now hooked on this game too, one taste of Rin-chan Now! and she was hooked :p

Got a voicemail from Ivy at GameStop (who may or may not actually be a robot) telling me I can pick up Hot Soon Miku Project Diva tomorrow night at midnight. Probably just going to pick it up on my lunch break on Tuesday though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got a voicemail from Ivy at GameStop (who may or may not actually be a robot) telling me I can pick up Hot Soon Miku Project Diva tomorrow night at midnight. Probably just going to pick it up on my lunch break on Tuesday though.
I got that call too! Is there a reason why they're telling me they'll see me at 10 pm and releasing stock at midnight?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oh wow, I just checked and apparently my text says I can pick up this game at midnight as well. Hopefully they will have Killer is dead as well, don't want to make two trips.

Totally awesome.

Yuripaw

Banned
I got that call too! Is there a reason why they're telling me they'll see me at 10 pm and releasing stock at midnight?

Because Madden 25 comes out on the same day as Hatsune Miku. They don't restrict what you can buy at midnight though, so the store is already gonna be open for Madden, people who have other games coming out on the same day can pick up their game as well. So if you go to a midnight release for Hatsune Miku...be prepared to be surrounded by a bunch of football fans. I don't think I could stomach it.

Aytrial

Because Madden 25 comes out on the same day as Hatsune Miku. They don't restrict what you can buy at midnight though, so the store is already gonna be open for Madden, people who have other games coming out on the same day can pick up their game as well. So if you go to a midnight release for Hatsune Miku...be prepared to be surrounded by a bunch of football fans. I don't think I could stomach it.

There'll be one guy out there who's ripped and can been assumed to be picking up Madden, actually pick up Project Diva. I'd like to see the reaction from the clerk.

"S-s-sorry for making assumptions..."

Yuripaw

Banned
There'll be one guy out there who's ripped and can been assumed to be picking up Madden, actually pick up Project Diva. I'd like to see the reaction from the clerk.

"S-s-sorry for making assumptions..."

It'd be even funnier if they were wearing a football jersey, and they were getting this game instead, lol.

Village

It'd be even funnier if they were wearing a football jersey, and they were getting this game instead, lol.

While not super ripped, I am pretty fit. Add 6'5-6 and Black and Arabic, and I will be that guy. I get that look when I purchase my weird Jrpg's and they want me to buy some shooter or some mess.

I'm debating whether I want extra sleep...or Miku. The latter is winning right now. I'll totally even wear my Miku shirt when I go!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Playing this game with English text is so weird.

Still, I'm already halfway to my second Platinum. Good times :)

Playing this game with English text is so weird.

Still, I'm already halfway to my second Platinum. Good times :)

You have the game already? Is there any option for translated lyrics?

I would like to go to the midnight release but GameStop is too far away from home to feasibly do it when I have work the next day.

Anyone get their pre-order bonus codes from gamestop yet? Normally I get them the same day order online...as well as bonuses for games I have't bought.

I really should give those awaymore often...

44.99 € ???

Really ?

Heck no.

i have no problem supporting a serie i enjoy , but i don't even understand the pricing ...why ?
This is 15€ too much.

Now given that i do already have the japanese version i'm gonna wait. and get the us disc cheaper
..or i'll go digital in the us maybe ... i don't know

This pricing is just bad.
i should have know that no news meant bad news.

44.99 € ???

Really ?

Heck no.

i have no problem supporting a serie i enjoy , but i don't even understand the pricing ...why ?
This is 15€ too much.

Now given that i do already have the japanese version i'm gonna wait. and get the us disc cheaper
..or i'll go digital in the us maybe ... i don't know

This pricing is just bad.
i should have know that no news meant bad news.

Yep, In light of this I just purchased the US physical copy for a whole £2 more including shipping.

Top Bottom