• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Slermy

Just received my shipping notification. I forgot I had ordered it, I'm excited! It's been a great year for my PS3 (Last of Us, Dragon's Crown, Best of PSN Vol. 1 for Tokyo Jungle, and now this!).

frogg609

I imported this for the Vita and love it. Is the US PS3 version the same game, or are there any differences?

Also, those controllers. Does the Mini light up like the 500.00 monstrosity, or no (really love that effect). Is the feel between the 2 much different. It's hard to justify that much money if this is the only game I can play it with (US PS3). Or are there others?

For those of you importing, I added Video Games Plus to the OP. I have no experience with them but I hear they're very good for overseas orders.

I imported this for the Vita and love it. Is the US PS3 version the same game, or are there any differences?

Also, those controllers. Does the Mini light up like the 500.00 monstrosity, or no (really love that effect). Is the feel between the 2 much different. It's hard to justify that much money if this is the only game I can play it with (US PS3). Or are there others?

The PS3 version adds six songs (that were made available to the Vita version in the form of paid DLC) and replaces AR mode with Live Stage mode, but is otherwise the same. The mini-controller does not light up. Both controllers can actually be used on any PS3 game you care to try them with, since they have mappings for everything but L3/R3 and Sixaxis.

For those of you importing, I added Video Games Plus to the OP. I have no experience with them but I hear they're very good for overseas orders.

VGP is who I placed my order with just a few moments ago. I have previously ordered Muramasa CE and DJ Max from them without any hassle and relatively fast delivery to the UK.

I've used them for importing to the UK for nearly a decade and nothing but top quality service. I think my first order with them was for the original Katamari Damacy on PS2! Time sure does fly...

chrono01

Also I called and apparently Killer is dead is not coming in until wednesday, what a waste.
That explains why my copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F shipped but not Killer Is Dead.

Oh well, I can wait. It's not as though I don't have enough games to play at the moment [and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is making things even more difficult...]. Hopefully I get my pre-order bonus code soon!

Storm360

Not
very descriptive.

It's funny, this will be my first midnight launch. I'm going to go in my Rin and Len shirt to troll all the madden kids hehehe

Also I called and apparently Killer is dead is not coming in until wednesday, what a waste.

It's a direct translation from the Japanese list, use a guide for that and it should match up easily.

Easy platinum, just DP grinding that is the hard part

Aytrial

It's...been delayed? Say it ain't true, doc!

12948081979.jpg

Kumubou

Oh wow, those trophies are way easier than the ones for the Dreamy Theater games, which expected you to get Perfects on every Extreme song. Have fun with that!

Amazon already shipped my copy and I should have it in the next day or two.

Aytrial

If your in europe you might aswell import at this stage, its cheaper and you get a actual disc

Australia, but close enough!

And I did just a few minutes ago. I also added Muramasa into the mix as well since it's ages away for a digital European release.

PewPewK

Oh hey, I'm quoted in the OT. Neat.

Anyway, great to finally see this game get its Western debut. I'm currently dying waiting for Project Diva -F- 2nd now which I'm guessing will probably come out around March next year.

Enjoy the game folks!

Storm360

Australia, but close enough!

And I did just a few minutes ago. I also added Muramasa into the mix as well since it's ages away for a digital European release.

I can't imagine this being successful on EU psn, if you ordered from VGP chances are you'll get it before the PSN date anyways

klee123

Does anyone know if the Dreamy Theatre Controller from Horii is compatible with Project Diva F? I actually bought the controller a few years ago, but never bothered buying the game on PSN as I found out how how much shit one has to go through in order to play the Dreamy Theatre games.

Does anyone know if the Dreamy Theatre Controller from Horii is compatible with Project Diva F? I actually bought the controller a few years ago, but never bothered buying the game on PSN as I found out how how much shit one has to go through in order to play the Dreamy Theatre games.

Not completely. To do the Star notes you need something mapped to the analog sticks. It's ghetto, but the game has no problems taking input from multiple controllers simultaneously so you could have one stationed nearby to wiggle the sticks on as needed.

The only other alternative is to use the Star Changer help item. It doesn't cost any DP to use, but scores earned with it will be branded with the help item mark of shame.

So I decided to take the Miku plunge and picked up a copy of this on Friday at a local store that was selling it early. After playing a lot of it and basically unlocking the entire songlist over one marathon play session over the weekend, here are my general thoughts:

- This game sings (literally) when you play with the Pulse/Pulse Elite headphones. Seriously, it's a magical experience. Play it this way if at all possible!
- Even as someone who generally likes (but doesn't necessarily keep up with current) J-pop, I went from never really checking out Miku music before to instantly becoming a big fan over the weekend. Seriously, there is so much awesome music in this game it's ridiculous.
Weekender Girl, Time Machine, World's End Dance Hall, Tell Your World, Continuation of Dreams, Black Rock Shooter, Dye, Freely Tomorrow, and Monochrome Blue Sky
are some of my favorites!
- Gameplay-wise, I still feel it's one of the weaker Japanese rhythm games I've played (and I've played quite a few). This game SCREAMS for an option to dim the background videos a little in order to make the notes easier to see, especially on a big TV. It's far too easy for notes to get lost in all the music videos' bright, busy colors. The most recent DDR mixes have included an option like this, as a reference for what I'm talking about. (Though I do hear this is not as much of an issue in the Vita version due to the smaller play area, making it easier to see notes coming from all directions.)
- I could not care less about all the game content outside of the actual rhythm game. There's a ton of it for those who love this stuff, but I could only pet and play rock-paper-scissors with the Vocaloids for about ten minutes before I was bored out of my mind, not to mention all the stuff like decorating their rooms, taking pictures of them, etc. I've pretty much entirely ignored the shop outside of buying a few alternate outfits for each Vocaloid. Still, I'm glad that all this extra content is there for those who will enjoy it!
- Miku is by far my favorite Vocaloid voice-wise, and Meiko is by far my least favorite. There's just something really off about her voice to me...
- This game does not fuck around on Extreme difficulty. Even rhythm game veterans will get a hearty challenge out of it, though that is due in some degree to the aforementioned problem of notes getting lost in all the bright background colors. But even without that issue, the hardest note charts are extremely tough and unforgiving - in a good way!

Overall, I'm glad I took the plunge even though I didn't love the demo. Although I'm still not nuts about the gameplay, I've discovered a ton of new music that I'm completely in love with, and I like supporting niche game releases like this anyway in the hopes that it'll ensure that we get more of them in the future.

Enjoy the game, Miku fans! I'm glad to newly count myself among you. If the sequel somehow gets localized, I'll be getting it too. :)

Tohsaka

Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail, should have the game on Wednesday. I'm not very good at rhythm games but I still enjoy them and I hope this one sells decently.

I just went to my GameStop to pay off Miku, of course wearing my Miku shirt as promised :). They said they actually got six preorders total, but of course only six copies total got shipped to the store. About an hour and a half now until I can pick the game up.

So far, there are two Madden-purchasing customers in line...one of which is incredibly stoned. This is going to be a fun time, isn't it :p

There isn't. These are the options included:

... All of which were already in the Japanese PS3 version.

Welp. Thanks for the confirmation!

So I decided to take the Miku plunge and picked up a copy of this on Friday at a local store that was selling it early. After playing a lot of it and basically unlocking the entire songlist over one marathon play session over the weekend, here are my general thoughts:

Overall, I'm glad I took the plunge even though I didn't love the demo. Although I'm still not nuts about the gameplay, I've discovered a ton of new music that I'm completely in love with, and I like supporting niche game releases like this anyway in the hopes that it'll ensure that we get more of them in the future.

Enjoy the game, Miku fans! I'm glad to newly count myself among you. If the sequel somehow gets localized, I'll be getting it too. :)

Glad you're enjoying the game!

If you have a chance, could you possibly compile a list of the songs and artists as the game spells them, so I can redo the track list in the OP? I don't think I will have the chance to finish this myself before I have to leave for PAX.

Aytrial

I just went to my GameStop to pay off Miku, of course wearing my Miku shirt as promised :). They said they actually got six preorders total, but of course only six copies total got shipped to the store. About an hour and a half now until I can pick the game up.

So far, there are two Madden-purchasing customers in line...one of which is incredibly stoned. This is going to be a fun time, isn't it :p

You should totally swap out his Madden disc for a Project Diva one. When he gets home and inserts it into his PS3 he'd start tripping balls.

Welp. Thanks for the confirmation!

Glad you're enjoying the game!

If you have a chance, could you possibly compile a list of the songs and artists as the game spells them, so I can redo the track list in the OP? I don't think I will have the chance to finish this myself before I have to leave for PAX.

Sure thing! I won't be able to get to this for a few more hours, but I'll do it when I get home!

Also, I don't know if anyone here would be interested (kind of a shameless plug), but UDON Entertainment has also just localized three Miku art books, two of which are already out (CV01: Hatsune Miku and CV02: Kagamine Rin & Len), with the last one (CV03: Megurine Luka) debuting at PAX Prime. I say "shameless plug" because I'm UDON's editor and worked on their localizations, but honestly, I'd pick these up as a Miku fan even if I had nothing to do with UDON!

Sure thing! I won't be able to get to this for a few more hours, but I'll do it when I get home!

Also, I don't know if anyone here would be interested (kind of a shameless plug), but UDON Entertainment has also just localized three Miku art books, two of which are already out (CV01: Hatsune Miku and CV02: Kagamine Rin & Len), with the last one (CV03: Megurine Luka) debuting at PAX Prime. I say "shameless plug" because I'm UDON's editor and worked on their localizations, but honestly, I'd pick these up as a Miku fan even if I had nothing to do with UDON!

Had these on order with Amazon since forever. Hope they make their way here soon!

Am I going to be seeing you at PAX Prime too?

Aytrial

You should totally hook up your Mikubros with some copies. Nudge, nudge.

I would rather think it would be a spiritual enlightenment for him. But to each their own.

Well, they aren't mutually exclusive!

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Even though I already own the Vita version, it's going to be a great distraction since I am DYING to get JoJo All-Star Battle. lol

Had these on order with Amazon since forever. Hope they make their way here soon!

Am I going to be seeing you at PAX Prime too?

I wish! I usually go to every convention UDON does and man our booth, but this year unfortunately I'm a groomsman in a good friend's wedding, and it just happens to be on September 1st... so I have to miss out this year, and I'm incredibly bummed because PAX Prime is my favorite convention to attend, even as an exhibitor. :( A couple of other awesome UDON staffers will be there though!

Also, it's very odd that CV01 and CV02 haven't shipped for you yet, because they came out at this year's San Diego Comic-Con -- we sold lots of them! I wonder if there's some shipping issue happening on Amazon's end, or maybe the general/non-convention release date is just later...

You should totally hook up your Mikubros with some copies. Nudge, nudge.

Believe me, I would if I could! Unfortunately, being UDON's editor does not give me the authority or sway to appropriate a few copies to give out free to Miku fans... that said, I do have a few Miku collectibles in my apartment for a contest we're hosting pretty soon for Miku fans, so once the details are finalized, I'll report back here so you all have a fair shot at winning them!

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
One more day to go!

We were at Japan Expo all weekend, so I didn't really get as much time to come in and say hello here as I wanted. Really awesome to see everyone so excited... we are too. :)

As we thought might happen, it sounds like many Gamestops did have to turn off pre-orders due to the amounts coming in. (A good problem to have, for Miku.) Apologies to anyone who attempted to pre-order last week but was unable to do so! Likewise, sorry to all the EU users for the short wait on your side as the game comes out on September 4th.

I imagine some people are curious about whether we'll produce more physical copies - to preempt that question, time will tell and we'll see how sales do this week. But as it stands, hang onto those physical copies if you're getting them... they'll probably remain rare in the months / years to come. :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Yeah, my gamestop said there were 8 pre-ordered, and those were the only copies that came in. Pretty interesting to hear that they had to cut off pre-orders, hopefully this spells good news!

Namikaze

I have Amazon Prime but it looks like I won't get the game till Thursday. I wonder what happened? I usually get games the day they come out.

Still can't wait to play it though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I was the only one out of some 50 people there that got this game.
Might be the only one at the store.
Nice, I think I was the second in my line to pick up a copy. Not overly excited since I've played the game to death but happy it's here.

Still sucks Killer is dead wasn't in, but I was already going to make a return trip anyways thanks to pokemon rumble wii u.

Top Bottom