• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Is Getting Surprisingly Little Extra Lift From Blacks and Hispanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

500 people have been killed in my city, over 3000 shot under democratic rule. Honestly asking could things be much worst under Trump? And how so
Yes. Because your city. Iam assuming Chicago. Is surrounded by republican states and all gun laws a city passes are negated based on republican policy. Also if im not mistaken towns outside of chicago also as much are lax with guns.

Not to mention many other issues that cant be solved based on city resources alone.

Not up to me to tell any group of people who's in their best interests, but I will say this, as unrealistic as it was to expect Obama to be able to do many positive things for African Americans under this congress, it is not unrealistic to fret about how horribly Trump and a republican congress could fuck things up for that community and many others in record time.

Look at North Carolina and multiply that by a Trump tilted Supreme Court.

I can imagine horrors.

You're basically on point with this Black or not. I make this type of argument daily. Just look at various Republican governors and how they operate when they get in. They tend to immediately go to work at the most vulnerable.

Are you black? Trump considers you sub-human and there's a very real chance you could be swept up in his internment camps.

Trump's not going to stop at deporting illegal immigrants. He believes racial profiling works and that white police officers could stop the "thug" gun problem within twenty-four hours after he takes office. The people he can't outright kill or deport are going to be rounded up and sent to internment camps.

If Republicans maintain their majorities in Congress, in state legislatures, and governorships, you can kiss the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act, same-sex marriage, rights for women, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly goodbye.

Is Hillary the best candidate for which we could hope? No.
Is the alternative a significant threat to roughly forty percent of the country? Yes.

If Trump isn't defeated, if the Democrats can't make inroads in Congress and across the country, Republicans will control the courts and elected offices for decades.
.I'm not a Trump fan, nor do I believe in scaremongering. You sound like you been reading too much Alex Jones dude. I was making a point about why Hillary wont see support that Obama did, could it be by and large that her party has failed black people, which I very much believe it has. The only time we get a word from any of them is when they need a handout from our city. screw the democrats.

To address the poster that talked about our city being surrounded by repub states, don't preach to the choir. I'm not a progun person, don't own one, but if you think just stopping the gun flow or taking guns from old people will stop whats going on then you're dreaming, its larger than that. Dems have had 8 years and for blacks things seem to have gotten worst in many ways. I think Gaf is in some dreamland in regards to oh great Obama and that fairytale. But anyways to me it feels like democrats use the excuse of guns not to tackle the problem from any other directions. Early release of felons is not helping, lack of jobs and education major culprit, democratic mayors who have screwed the city royally for years and years, creating one city for poor people one city for rich,.. Horrible party gets too much respect around here and I say that as a person who only voted democrat in my life.

benjipwns

Banned
Are you black? Trump considers you sub-human and there's a very real chance you could be swept up in his internment camps.

Trump's not going to stop at deporting illegal immigrants. He believes racial profiling works and that white police officers could stop the "thug" gun problem within twenty-four hours after he takes office. The people he can't outright kill or deport are going to be rounded up and sent to internment camps.

If Republicans maintain their majorities in Congress, in state legislatures, and governorships, you can kiss the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act, same-sex marriage, rights for women, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly goodbye.

Is Hillary the best candidate for which we could hope? No.
Is the alternative a significant threat to roughly forty percent of the country? Yes.

If Trump isn't defeated, if the Democrats can't make inroads in Congress and across the country, Republicans will control the courts and elected offices for decades.
wow things have gotten really bad on Obama's watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom