• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine As VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Never really heard Tim Kaine give a speech before. He's a pretty good speaker. Seems really down to earth and genuine (which Hillary needed some help with)

That's my former Governor!

That's right! VA!!
mjcry1.png

FyreWulff

He's a solid pick. I wonder how many people are going to read headlines and think of him as "another white man who wants to deregulate banks." I wonder how much mileage the Trump campaign will get out of that one.

From what I read of his requests, it was more changing the timing of regulations instead of removing them. One was moving what amounts to internal auditing from weekly to monthly. Weekly seems like overkill to me. If he was pushing it back to a full year, sure, I'd raise an eyebrow.

Xe4

Banned
I only saw half the speech, but damn. What a good pick. I dunno why people said he's boring, dudes got heart and I see why Bams almost picked him even regardless of his lack of experience back then.

Loxley

Welp, I'm on-board. Heck, based on that speech I think I may actually like Kaine more than Clinton :lol. His words seemed genuine and natural, it didn't feel forced at any point or like he would clash with Hillary - which is way more than you can say for Trump/Pence.

lenovox1

I only saw half the speech, bud damn. What a good pick. I dunno why people said he's boring, dudes got heart and I see why Bams almost picked him even regardless of his lack of experience back then.

The only things people not from Virginia would know about Kaine are his record and the media's portrayal of him. This is his first time in the national spotlight.

Kaine did a good job. Of course speaking next to Hillary can make anyone sound like the next Obama. Feeling much better about this pick than I did yesterday.

Alrus

I must say, I knew nothing about the guy before outside of reading the internet and was under the impression that he was a boring, safe and uninteresting pick, that speech did a great job in showing that he's not. Great speech.

Just tuned in. I like this guy so far. He's got a nice homesy style that works pretty great. He seems like a nice, genuine, good guy.

This right here.
I am very impressed by this guy, and the way he actually talks about himself, his family, his history. Very personable, and he seems capable.
In other words, he is genuine and seems sincere most of all.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I knew people were gonna love him a week from now.

Well, make that a few hours.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The sincerity he brings to the ticket is his biggest asset, I think. A perfect foil to the image of Hillary people have. Great choice.

The sincerity he brings to the ticket is his biggest asset, I think. A perfect foil to the image of Hillary people have. Great choice.

That is right on point, Hillary and her team as we have seen so far really know what they are doing.
He truly comes across as sincere and likable. And his qualifications are perfect, I can plainly see why he was the choice.

Revolver

Most of my exposure to Kaine over the years has been his appearances on the Sunday morning shows. He's always seemed like a nice guy though a bit on the wonkish side. Hillary herself is something of a policy wonk too so a ticket of two similar personalities was kind of hard to get excited about. But seeing as how the opposition seems to think carelessly burning it all down is an admirable quality, betting on experience isn't a terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom