• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman on PS4: Beta and Story Details Revealed | New Trailer

HITMAN – World Of Assassination Trailer

Episodic Storytelling and Narrative

Hitman will launch on March 11th as a truly episodic game experience with a major live component. The episodic nature of Hitman allows us to craft both individual stories centred on Agent 47’s targets as well as longer season stories involving 47, Diana Burnwood, the ICA, and an entirely new main cast.

The structure is inspired by contemporary TV series’ and will unfold over multiple seasons. To begin with, the overall story and the individual mission stories run in parallel but as the first season progresses, the tracks will merge and become one.

Before That, the Beta

The Hitman Beta will be available first on PS4 starting February 12th. You can guarantee your access right now by pre-ordering either the Full Experience or Intro Pack via PlayStation Store. The Hitman Collector’s Edition will also include access to the beta, and full details on that are up on the dedicated CE page. Whichever version you choose to pre-order, you’ll also get the Blood Money Requiem Pack.

As well as being the first to play the Beta, PS4 players will also get exclusive access to The Sarejevo Six. These are six bonus contracts that tell a self-contained side-story revolving around former members of a paramilitary unit called CICADA. Agent 47 will travel the world in pursuit of his targets, with one contract available in each location from the game.

The first PS4 exclusive contract will be available when the game launches on March 11th. We’re calling it “The Director.” Your target is Scott Sarno, Director of European Operations for the CICADA private military corporation. He is a thirty-year veteran of clandestine operations and has been linked to a number of questionable operations in Europe and the Middle East as far back as the mid-nineties. He is highly trained and incredibly observant, you should expect him to be accompanied by several CICADA agents at all times.

24669842276_92734813ee_b.jpg

24400509190_b9280ce8ee_b.jpg

24602525381_06c0fd95d9_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/03/hitman-on-ps4-beta-and-story-details-revealed/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
even if there was no gameplay this trailer was great.

zkorejo

That was a pretty nice trailer. Imagine this being the sequel after blood money. Absolution killed alot of hype of the Hitman series.

I understand episodic nature of this one, but if the total playable missions are atleast 5 then I will think of buying it day 1.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm a sucker for Hitman. I even loved Absolution, despite all the hate it gets on here. I'm so pumped for this. Pre-ordered, and ready to play the beta.

Jb

Beta next week? Awesome :)
I bet that San Diego contract mentioned in the trailer will be their "A New Life" equivalent. I hope so at least.

Mr Swine

Banned
Nice trailer, did it go through some of the missions in Previous Hitman games?

Also is there only going to be 5 levels in the game and no more? Are the levels one after another story wise? Just a bit seeing how many there where in Blood Money

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
From the description it sounds like they're planning a second season for next year. Thought they said no paid DLC, but if it adds six more locations to the game, I'd gladly drop another 60 bucks for it

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fucking love Hitman and can't wait for this. Beta releases on my birthday as well.

That Requiem pack from Blood Money is hot.

glaurung

Never played any game of the Hitman series. Is it worth playing?
Definitely something that needs to be experienced. Older Hitman games were methodical, sneak and kill missions.

The latest one, Hitman Absolution -- a good game, but a poor example of what made Hitman unique. Still worth a try though.

Ephemeris

So the beta is only offered to digital preorders? No Amazon or Best Buy physical?

While hunting around the CE, I found this on Gamestop

Pre-order Hitman between 1/22 to 2/12 for access to the Hitman Beta.

Instructions on how to enter the Beta upon pre-order:
1. Check your receipt for your HITMAN Beta Access Code
2. Go to beta.hitman.com and enter your Access Code
3. Select your desired platform (PS4 or Steam PC)
4. Shortly before the Beta begins, you will receive your HITMAN game download code via e-mail
5. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to install the game and play in the Beta

*While Supplies Last. Beta access is for the PlayStation 4/PC (Steam) Platforms Only. Access code must be redeemed by 02/12/2016. Beta start and finish dates subject to change.

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your Pre-order.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of Pre-order.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck yes, this looks so good. I just hope the gameplay holds up and it's not content barren.
March is wide open for me now, definitely hyped for this. And beta in 10 days!

hichanbis

Banned
The communication around this game is such a disaster.

The guys cancel the preorder, then reset them 10 days before the beta, with a very generic and forgettable trailer that doesn't even mention the beta! (no gameplay, no cgi, no new info).
Moreover, let's not forget that since the announcement, we heard all kind of messages this is not episodic, this is not early access, this is a live game for a year, this is sold in 2 parts, this is episodic, etc.
Until now, there are still people that think Hitman is an online only game that launches its early access in march.

How does SE expect it to sell well under these conditions?

I still preordered the intro pack, because I love Hitman, but I'm afraid SE might be killing the franchise for good with this one.

It such bullshit that edition doesn't come with a disk. You pay 150 euros and they can't even include a disk?

Ridiculous.
I just looked this up... Wtf?
What is in there that warrants a $140 USD price tag? SE is ridiculous with these CE's. If Rise of the Tomb Raider's CE was any indication, the statue will be of poor quality as well.

The communication around this game is such a disaster.

No shit.

In the UK the only place I can find to pre-order and guarantee a beta code is on Square-Enix own site, where it's £55. That's a lot of money to shell out up front for a game that's having an identity crisis.

Szadek

I hope this game turns out to be great, but all the prerelease changes are a really big red flag.
It's better to wait till the whole game is out.

It such bullshit that edition doesn't come with a disk. You pay 150 euros and they can't even include a disk?

Ridiculous.

Well that's because it's only a tiny part of the whole game. Can't have a disc when the rest of the game technically doesn't exist yet.

Top Bottom