• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman on PS4: Beta and Story Details Revealed | New Trailer

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's all a confusing mess, but if you have to preorder on the PS Store like it seems, it very much does not cost "nothing" for those in the US.

Excuse me?

You also get the beta from amazon.com

Pre-order Bonus Offer: Pre-order today and receive the Requiem Blood Money Pack and guaranteed beta access. Includes exclusive in-game items, including: Requiem Legacy Suit, Blood Money Shirt, Tie, Gloves, and Silenced ICA-19 Chrome White Rubber Duck Explosive.

Customers will receive their beta codes before the Beta event, but not immediately after purchase. Offer only valid when purchased from Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

So it's still nothing

Moff

the trailer certainly speaks the language that blood money fans want to hear and proves further that IO have learned from Absolutions reception and are working hard to give us a Hitman game for the true fans
I will play on PC so I can't participate in the beta but I realized how close the release is, I am getting a little bit hyped

sense

Sorry, didn't know there was any sort of physical version being shipped in March. Again, this whole release strategy is a confusing mess and will probably hurt the game in the long run.

it actually isn't that bad now. just think of it as a telltale game. the launch is march 11 but the entire season/game is shipping around the end f the year. they are highlighting the preorder from store for the bata because then you can start the playing the game march 11!

Moff

the big difference between this and a telltale game is though that the sandbox mission design allows for many new designed contracts that will be released between the episodes, both events from the publishers as well as unlimited player created content, all with high scores and a community factor.
this is why I think this could really work well with this franchise, because I already loved the contracts mode in absolution. so you will always have something new to come back to and don't just drop it after you finished an episode.
I don't really like episodic releases but it might work here and could be something special.

are you doing this just for beta access? the problem is retail game/physical version doesn't come out until the end of the year. the first"episode" launches march 11 and all the episodes should be out by the time the game comes out at retail.

This is probably the reason they are promoting the digital version and highlighting beta access for those preorders

I preordered the collectors edition which I'll get day one? since it has a digital download code instead of a bluray disk

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All these stylish trailers have a minimalistic feeling to it that I love.

I love the Requiem legacy suit. I wanna feel like the angel of freaking death.

Arafo

the trailer certainly speaks the language that blood money fans want to hear and proves further that IO have learned from Absolutions reception and are working hard to give us a Hitman game for the true fans
I will play on PC so I can't participate in the beta but I realized how close the release is, I am getting a little bit hyped

Beta is also available for PC, just a week later

This game's reveal trailer is easily one of my all time favourite trailers. Nice to see the marketing is keeping that ball rolling; this new trailer is very slick.

Pre-ordered the Intro Pack. As hyped as I am for this, I think buying this piecemeal until we know exactly what we're going to be getting is the best course of action rather than dumping £45 on it before we've seen more than the first chapter.

So let me get this straight.. There's a prologue mission, and there's 6 more episodes that roll out starting in April.

The Intro Pack is €15, Complete Edition is €60. Both come with the prologue mission. Both guarantee beta access. If the Prologue is worth €15 at least, does this mean every episode will cost €15 as well?

So, let's say I bought the Intro Pack for €15, and I like it, would there be a chance that I need to buy the Complete Edition for €60 anyway? Ending up with spending €75?

So let me get this straight.. There's a prologue mission, and there's 6 more episodes that roll out starting in April.

The Intro Pack is €15, Complete Edition is €60. Both come with the prologue mission. Both guarantee beta access. If the Prologue is worth €15 at least, does this mean every episode will cost €15 as well?

So, let's say I bought the Intro Pack for €15, and I like it, would there be a chance that I need to buy the Complete Edition for €60 anyway? Ending up with spending €75?

The complete edition is like buying the full game. You pay once, you get the whole thing.

Only the intro pack is 15€ and all following parts are 10€.

If you buy the intro pack, then you have a choice between buying the subsequent packs. If you've already bought the intro pack, there's little reason for you to buy the complete package unless you get it at a reduced price.

Buying the whole package = 60€

Buying it piece by piece = 15€ + (5 x 10) = 65€

Will wait for physical game of the year edition release. Will then know if its worth it.

Confusing way of doing things. News about the release hasn't been clear at all

geordiemp

So I have not played a hitman game, I watched the trailer and no gameplay was shown it seems.

Is this a first or third person shooter - can someone tell me a similar game - is it like Uncharted or is it a tactical shooter ?

So I have not played a hitman game, I watched the trailer and no gameplay was shown it seems.

Is this a first or third person shooter - can someone tell me a similar game - is it like Uncharted or is it a tactical shooter ?

It's not a shooter at all. Levels are sandboxes in which you try to commit the perfect murder, which involves blending in the environments through disguises and setting up 'accidents' and the like. Really cool stuff.

If you want to play it as a shooter you can by the way, but it's not recommended.

Thanks. I'll take the €5 damage with the Intro Pack, really want to try this out before I commit to this shit.

Its third person by the way, look up Blood Money.

It's a 3rd person sandbox assassination game. Nothing like Uncharted, not a tactical shooter. It's about taking out targets however you want in dense and highly interactive/systemic environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHbWficWQqM

Moff

it's basically a puzzle game
hitman at it's best has huge levels, very realistic, there is a target somewhere in that level.
you need to find a way to reach it and kill it silently.
mostly you can kill or knock out guards or other characters like cooks, electricians, waiters, anything. and take their costumes and reach new areas that way.
but there are also many other ways to interact with the environments
they are very realistic and creative games and not really comparable to anything else.

if you want to have a look I recommend Blood Money, it's the best one so far.

edit: the games also gives you the option to just massacre everyone, there are actually many huge weapons in this game.
but that's not the way it's supposed to be played or the most fun, you get bad ratings for that and depending on the game you will be killed yourself or further missions get harder because you get recognized faster

KORNdoggy

neither. it's a social stealth game. ie. you don't hide in shadows or on rooftops, you hide in plain sight using disguises.

imagine if assassins creed 1 had no parkour system and you could change clothes...i guess it feels a bit like that.

There's actually very little like Hitman in modern games.

It's third person. You're dropped in a big level and given the objective to assassinate a target. How you do it is up to you. You can purchase intel on your location/objective and buy weapons and upgrade ahead of time.

You have to use social stealth to get close to your target. You can do things like kill a guard and take his outfit, then hide his body. Now everyone will think you're a guard and you'll have practically free access.

Or you could hide in a tower a little distance away and use a sniper rifle to kill him. Or rig his kitchen with a remote controlled explosive. It's usually very open to how you approach this.

There are guns but the game encourages more silent, un-seen and un-heard gameplay.

It's actually more of a sandboxy, pick your approach thing. There's usually very little in terms of linearity.

So all that Instinct BS in Absolution is gone?

Going to wait for reviews on this one, even though I love the Hitman series.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So all that Instinct BS in Absolution is gone?

Going to wait for reviews on this one, even though I love the Hitman series.

Instinct is still in the game but it's been toned down a lot. You can't be detected by everyone wearing the same costume like the previous game but a few NPCs (like the head of Security) will be able to see through your disguise

Luq

very climatic, but that's it. it won't make anyone to pre-purchase the game if that was the point

Can anyone tell me what the price for the Intro Pack upgrade is on PSN? Money's pretty tight right now so, I'm thinking about picking up the Intro Pack to get in on the beta and then upgrading before the game releases, but I want to be sure I'm not going to end up paying more by doing it that way.

Staal

The costume looks fantastic. I think the intro pack is a good start. After Absolution they need to prove that the new focus on Blood Money type levels is actually true.

That suit though!

Trailer was pretty neat in a sort of Payday always-doing-jobs master-your-craft expand-your-arsenal sort of way...

Though that sort of design can bring bad things, too.

Well there it is, the first game I'll be pre-ordering in years.

Can't pass up the opportunity to see if they've successfully taken the series back to what made it good or if they've just continued down the path of Abomination with a few tweaks here and there.

Top Bottom