• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman on PS4: Beta and Story Details Revealed | New Trailer

That trailer was fantastic. I'd like to see more gameplay, but I'm reasonably convincing I'll enjoy the game from what I've already seen.

That white suit is STUNNING, but that's no assassin suit LOL

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Hitman baffles me. Blood Money was the best game ever. I played it for years and I thought that now that they have a great engine they'd give me at least a sequel every two years. The formula was perfect, the gameplay flawless, the replayability enormous. What could go wrong? That was ten years ago. Since then we had an action game dressed as a Hitman game and now we get an episodic game that will at best be the Contracts mode of the last game with more freedom. How could they destroy the franchise like that?

Part of the problem is the entire Blood Money team left and is doing Heroes & Generals. Oh well.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
So we can do the exact operation to gain the beta like the division?Pre order the game and then cancel right?

Since then we had an action game dressed as a Hitman game and now we get an episodic game that will at best be the Contracts mode of the last game with more freedom. How could they destroy the franchise like that?

Part of the problem is the entire Blood Money team left and is doing Heroes & Generals. Oh well.
Huh? Many preview and hands on agree the game feels like a return to form, a bigger modern Blood Money

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Alright gonna pre-order on PSN. Probably keep it anyway for the exclusive content. But it looks like this to me to clear up any confusion.

- Pre-Order The Full Experience or Intro Pack to access guaranteed beta access. (PS4 and PC)
- Pre-Order The Full Experience or Intro Pack to access Blood Money: Requiem Pack (PS4, XB1 and PC)
- Exclusive access to The Sarejevo Six contracts - The Director releases launch day with five to follow in the future starting from April 2016 . (PS4 Only)​

Enilced2

Wondering how the physical copy I pre-ordered last year before they announced the episodic thing is going to work. Box with a code when the season starts or disc with the whole thing once all episodes are out?

Jb

Wondering how the physical copy I pre-ordered last year before they announced the episodic thing is going to work. Box with a code when the season starts or disc with the whole thing once all episodes are out?

The latter I would imagine.

Skux

"The structure is inspired by contemporary TV series’ and will unfold over multiple seasons."

What a marketing asspull. We all know about the half dozen ways it was restructured and changed during development before finally settling on this "episodic" delivery method.

When they say "episodic", they really mean "levels".

Did anybody's PSN preorder NOT get cancelled after the format change? My preorder is still intact.

They did offer to cancel my preorder when the first delay happened, but I kept my order.

My only concern about my psn order is it says 345ish days untill it comes out. I preordered right before they restructured everything.

Did anybody's PSN preorder NOT get cancelled after the format change? My preorder is still intact.

They did offer to cancel my preorder when the first delay happened, but I kept my order.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I got a notice that they refunded my pre-order months ago, but I was like "no, wait, I want that" and pre-ordered again. Now I keep hearing reports that people are getting notices of refunds and to pre-order again and I haven't gotten anything. I still want the game, so I'm just getting worried that something hinky is gonna happen with all this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Who the fuck would preorder when they haven't shown a single second of gameplay and pre-release has been nothing but mixed messages with "episodic" coming, going, coming.

"Pre-order for beta access"! Fuck you, show the game first you shady mo-fo's.

Who the fuck would preorder when they haven't shown a single second of gameplay and pre-release has been nothing but mixed messages with "episodic" coming, going, coming.

Cause they have. There is a 15min walktrhough and also a 40 min walkthrough. Both of Paris. They have also shown the second area in a 3min video.

Can't freaking wait. Decided to go with the Intro Pack before committing to the full price. The trailer also helped get me hyped. The guys at IO have such an awesome visual style when it comes to their games, especially with all the stuff they have put out so far for Hitman.

Sidenote...anyone else notice that it is listed as 720p video output on PS4? Does that really mean anything?

Evolved1

I see the weapons magically glue to his back now instead of him holding them in the off-hand as he used to. That's lame.

Looks pretty good otherwise.

They've totally screwed the pooch on explaining how this game is going to work to the public.

So is the intro pack just the first "episode"? and is the first episode only the 1 contract that comes out on 3/11?

EDIT: Ok so after reading the description it sounds like I was right.

This feels like a total fuck up with how they're deciding to roll this game out

I see the weapons magically glue to his back now instead of him holding them in the off-hand as he used to. That's lame.

Looks pretty good otherwise.

This is something I can see them changing if they get enough feedback about it. Look what they did with changing 47s to look a little older.

So are those exclusive contracts reusing the same level assets, but with different targets?

This is something I can see them changing if they get enough feedback about it. Look what they did with changing 47s to look a little older.

Changing animations is quite a different thing entirely from changing a face texture. Would like them fix it though. 47 with a gun on his back looks fucking dumb.

They've totally screwed the pooch on explaining how this game is going to work to the public.

So is the intro pack just the first "episode"? and is the first episode only the 1 contract that comes out on 3/11?

"With the Intro Pack, you’ll get an introduction to the world of HITMAN, with the Prologue and Paris episode. You’ll get full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and all other live content. "

So are those exclusive contracts reusing the same level assets, but with different targets?

Have you played the Contracts mode in Absolution? I think it will be similar. Same locations, just IO is going to assign different targets throughout the level. Probably with different objectives to kill them with specific weapons or in a specific outfit for an increased rating. I hope they include community and friends contracts too. It was really fun in Absolution seeing the hilarious contracts my brother and I would come up with.

Pre-ordered from Amazon! %20 off, beta access, and all exclusive content.

D4V0f57.png

Evolved1

There's just something badass about the way he'd tuck the shotgun and hold the pistol out of sight. Something only Hitman would do.

Max Payne adopted it in MP3 (but not as smooth operator as 47) and it was awesome there too.

Eary Hitman games were something else man.

Shredderi

"The structure is inspired by contemporary TV series’ and will unfold over multiple seasons."

What a marketing asspull. We all know about the half dozen ways it was restructured and changed during development before finally settling on this "episodic" delivery method.

When they say "episodic", they really mean "levels".

Exactly. I remain sceptical.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can someone who already pre-ordered the digital version post a few screenshots of the PS4 theme? Is it dynamic?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That trailer was fantastic. I'd like to see more gameplay, but I'm reasonably convincing I'll enjoy the game from what I've already seen.

That white suit is STUNNING, but that's no assassin suit LOL

No specs of dirt not blood on a white suit is the mark of a true assassin

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

because it costs nothing?

sense

Pre-ordered from Amazon! %20 off, beta access, and all exclusive content.

D4V0f57.png

are you doing this just for beta access? the problem is retail game/physical version doesn't come out until the end of the year. the first"episode" launches march 11 and all the episodes should be out by the time the game comes out at retail.

This is probably the reason they are promoting the digital version and highlighting beta access for those preorders

Top Bottom